Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
4/21/2015 3:13:32 PM EDT


TROY M-LOK BattleRails are shipping now from Troyind.com or contact [email protected]
5/1/2015 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
NICE!!!
5/14/2015 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
It's nice to see Troy offer both KeyMod and M-LOK versions of the rail. I wouldn't mind seeing some addition information on the company website. Weight, description, additional photos, exact dimensions etc. would allow me to better make an informed purchase. Little things like this coupled with some questionable businesses decisions cause me to move on.
5/21/2015 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been waiting for these before seriously considering the M-Lok/Keymod switch.

These look like they may use a different barrel nut.  Is that correct?
The answer won't change my mind about using these going forward, I'm just curious.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
WTT my old beat up AK/Vector/Tapco clad SKS for your SCAR/Tavor/HK 416
5/28/2015 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#4]
These use the standard barrel nut.  

Quote History
Originally Posted By Onslaught:
I've been waiting for these before seriously considering the M-Lok/Keymod switch.

These look like they may use a different barrel nut.  Is that correct?
The answer won't change my mind about using these going forward, I'm just curious.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

6/19/2015 3:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
What's the internal diameter on these?

May get one of these for my next build.
6/19/2015 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By midnight_at_dennys:
What's the internal diameter on these?

May get one of these for my next build.
View Quote



Our Tech people provided the following "1.58” round measurement"  Hope this works for you!
7/5/2015 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Please post some installed.

7/6/2015 1:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
A few questions:

Weight (Specifically for a 9" rail)?
Internal and External Dimensions?
Will this rail work with LWRC's piston system?

Thanks in advance!
7/9/2015 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Halfbreed_83:
A few questions:

Weight (Specifically for a 9" rail)?
Internal and External Dimensions?
Will this rail work with LWRC's piston system?

Thanks in advance!
View Quote


Thanks for your inquiry!  The detail below should cover everything and if you need further detail, please contact [email protected] directly.  Thanks!

General Data:
Inner Diameter:   ---------------------    1.58” round measurement.
               Outer Diameter: --------------------       1.75” not including top rail
               Barrel Nut: --------------------------- Uses mil-spec AR-15/M16 barrel nut
              Material: -----------------------------         6061 T6 Aluminum
               Coating: ------------------------------        MIL-A-8625 TYPE III CLASS 2 HARD COAT ANODIZED w/Teflon
               Mounting screw torque spec:      8-10 ft./lbs.
               Rail section screw torque specs: 20in/lbs.
             Barrel nut: ---------------------------- 1.26 oz. (standard AR)
9” M-LOK
               Weight:  ------------------------------- 7.30 oz.
               Length:  -------------------------------- 9.215”
               Works with: -------------------------- Mid-Length FBS, or carbine length gas system w/ LP gas block


Will not work on piston operated weapons.
7/9/2015 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the reply!  I might buy one and see if I can modify it to work with the LWRC.  Appreciate your time.
7/15/2015 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#11]
when should we expect the 15" FDE ones ?
7/15/2015 1:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Onslaught][Edited] [#12]
Installed my 9" over a 10.5" barrel this past weekend.(Yeah I know... Pics)  Way easier than the Alpha to put on. I always had to leave the gas block loose while I jiggled and twisted that sucker over the bbl nut and THEN try to get the GB in place and tighten through the holes. Not this time. Switching from 3 mount points to 4 gave my pinned GB just enough room to maneuver.

I really appreciate that they did M-Lok at 1:30 4:30 7:30 and 10:30 in addition to the usual 3-6-9 rather than some brand specific lightening holes that are not functional as mount points.

This is my new favorite rail.  I regret canceling the 7.2 from my order a couple weeks ago. Gonna cost me an extra $30 to get one now!
if you think BRD is bad, form a trust!
7/23/2015 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#13]
installed my 13" on a 16" upper ( pinned lantac dragon brake) . perfect fit and very light
Me likey..
7/23/2015 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys who have them installed,  can you post pics?
10/7/2015 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Still no pics??
10/10/2015 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Found this on Reddit:

10/11/2015 1:59:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Halfbreed_83:
Found this on Reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/fKQfkQR.jpg
View Quote



Looks good. Be a tough competitor with  geisseles new mlol rails at their pricemark.
11/26/2015 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#18]
here is mine I just built. Very slim rail and light. I like it. Easy to install.

12/25/2015 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#19]
how does it compare to the vtac alpha rail?
12/28/2015 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quote History
Originally Posted By RobNC:


how does it compare to the vtac alpha rail?
View Quote
I have both and if I had to choose, I would take the M-Lok. There are 4 attachment screws as opposed to 3 on the VTAC/Alpha, and the option for direct M-Lok attachment to the rail is better than attaching a picatinny rail section to the VTAC/Alpha.



 
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." -Mike Vanderboegh

"There is great danger in forgiving an enemy who has no intention of forgiving you." -Aaron Cowan
12/30/2015 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#21]
You indicate this rail will not work with gas piston systems. However, the Adams Arms XLP piston kit does appear to meet requirements.  No delta ring, standard barrel nut and enough internal clearance. Is there another reason the Troy M-LOK rail won't work with a piston, specifically Adams Arms XLP pistol length piston?
1/21/2016 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Troy,


 I noticed on your website for 2016 you have VTAC m lok that looks just like these. Is there any difference, and when will those be released?
1/23/2016 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Check out this AR15... maybe this is the handguard you're looking for?

VTAC Christensen Rifle
1/28/2016 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quote History
Originally Posted By Halfbreed_83:


Check out this AR15... maybe this is the handguard you're looking for?



VTAC Christensen Rifle
View Quote
That looks like someone took a sawzall to the front of a Troy carbon fiber handguard



 
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." -Mike Vanderboegh

"There is great danger in forgiving an enemy who has no intention of forgiving you." -Aaron Cowan
2/20/2016 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi.  Here are a couple of pictures of a rifle I've just assembled with the Troy m-lock handguard.  Unfortunately I have a couple of quibbles.

One, I cannot manage to close the gap between the upper receiver and Troy rail.  A brief google search indicates others have run into the same issue on similar Troy rails.  The general consensus of my findings seems to be, "learn to live with it."  Two, as can be seen in the last picture, the rail segment where the handguard should meet with the upper receiver is not quite square.

I can live with both, as otherwise the handguard is quite good, and meets my requirements.  Short of returning the item, there probably isn't much to do about the, "not square," last rail segment.  However, the gap just bugs me.  Anyone else run into this and manage to solve it?




2/21/2016 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, that gap would drive me nuts still a good looking rifle.  Thanks for the pics!
2/25/2016 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Well I attempted to apply some ingenuity to the gap issue.  I purchased some heavy duty rubber bands... loosened the the bolts, and voila! the gap closed.  However upon re-tightening the dreaded gap reappeared.  I think its a little better though.  Here are some pictures, lastly showing the gap with a scope mount.





4/19/2016 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By karmasoft:
Hi.  Here are a couple of pictures of a rifle I've just assembled with the Troy m-lock handguard.  Unfortunately I have a couple of quibbles.

One, I cannot manage to close the gap between the upper receiver and Troy rail.  A brief google search indicates others have run into the same issue on similar Troy rails.  The general consensus of my findings seems to be, "learn to live with it."  Two, as can be seen in the last picture, the rail segment where the handguard should meet with the upper receiver is not quite square.

I can live with both, as otherwise the handguard is quite good, and meets my requirements.  Short of returning the item, there probably isn't much to do about the, "not square," last rail segment.  However, the gap just bugs me.  Anyone else run into this and manage to solve it?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/karmasoft/IMG_1867.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/karmasoft/IMG_1856.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/karmasoft/IMG_1857.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/karmasoft/IMG_1871.jpg
View Quote


Notice the gap in the 3rd pic. It is very close to the receiver at the lower two thirds or so and is larger near the top where the receiver has flat sides. This receiver does not have a flat face. Maybe a complaint to the manufacturer of the receiver would be warranted?

The issue Troy's system solves is the flat front of the receiver may not be flat at all so it uses the barrel nut to guarantee the handguard is perfectly centered around the length of the barrel. There *must* be a gap in order to assure this. Mine is very small and not bothersome in the least.

I chose this system several years ago due to it being compatible with a standard barrel nut, assuring perfect alignment with the barrel, and being very easy to on/off. It's a very clever and effective system.

Different folks have different priorities. Since Mlok has now taken off I'm poised to bite.
"Never give a man a dollar’s worth of blame without a dimes’ worth of praise." — Col L. P. Hunt, USMC
6/1/2016 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey Troy,

Any plans to make these with the integrated flip-up front sight like on the original Alpha's?  I would be in the market for a few if you did.

Thanks
11/26/2017 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody have some updated pictures?

Also, what’s the weight of the 13”?  How’s the heat transfer?  Have a Samson Evolution that might get replaced.
"A man who does not exercise his rights has no advantage over a man who has no rights."
12/6/2017 6:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Officer960][Edited] [#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jcast141:
Anybody have some updated pictures?

Also, what’s the weight of the 13”?  How’s the heat transfer?  Have a Samson Evolution that might get replaced.
View Quote

I'm digging the 13", but I just got it installed so can't comment on how it handles heat.  I'd assume the same as any other rail - unless you plug up all the M-lok slots.  That poor Bushy has had so many pin and welds the threads look like Swiss cheese, but this is the last one since its now back to a mil spec barrel nut.

I didn't weigh it pre-install but that's a 7.5lb gun with light (heavy), sling, optic and mag.
3/21/2018 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I need a m-lok free float rail that will sit behind a pinned mid-length FSB.  this looks like it may work.  does anyone have a success story like this?
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.

General education should not be mere job training, but training of the mind to reason. http://www.welltrainedmind.com/classical-education/
3/30/2018 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TroyIndustries:

Thanks for your inquiry!  The detail below should cover everything and if you need further detail, please contact [email protected] directly.  Thanks!

General Data:
Inner Diameter:   ---------------------    1.58” round measurement.

Outer Diameter: --------------------

1.75” not including top rail

Barrel Nut: --------------------------- Uses mil-spec AR-15/M16 barrel nut

Material: -----------------------------

6061 T6 Aluminum

Coating: ------------------------------

MIL-A-8625 TYPE III CLASS 2 HARD COAT ANODIZED w/Teflon

Mounting screw torque spec:

8-10 ft./lbs.

Rail section screw torque specs: 20in/lbs.

Barrel nut: ---------------------------- 1.26 oz. (standard AR)
9” M-LOK

Weight:  ------------------------------- 7.30 oz.

Length:  -------------------------------- 9.215”

Works with: -------------------------- Mid-Length FBS, or carbine length gas system w/ LP gas block

Will not work on piston operated weapons.
View Quote
So you do answer questions on here. Or is it just questions that there is a good answer for? I have a question from some time ago you never bothered to answer.
4/16/2018 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a dissipater upper and wonder if the 12.5 SOCC Battle Rail will clear the front sight base. Any word on this?
5/3/2018 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bruh44:

So you do answer questions on here. Or is it just questions that there is a good answer for? I have a question from some time ago you never bothered to answer.
View Quote
No offense, but with that attitude I wouldn't respond either.
9/12/2018 2:10:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: imdBman][Edited] [#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TroyIndustries:

Thanks for your inquiry!  The detail below should cover everything and if you need further detail, please contact [email protected] directly.  Thanks!

General Data:
Inner Diameter:   ---------------------    1.58” round measurement.

Outer Diameter: --------------------

1.75” not including top rail

Barrel Nut: --------------------------- Uses mil-spec AR-15/M16 barrel nut

Material: -----------------------------

6061 T6 Aluminum

Coating: ------------------------------

MIL-A-8625 TYPE III CLASS 2 HARD COAT ANODIZED w/Teflon

Mounting screw torque spec:

8-10 ft./lbs.

Rail section screw torque specs: 20in/lbs.

Barrel nut: ---------------------------- 1.26 oz. (standard AR)
9” M-LOK

Weight:  ------------------------------- 7.30 oz.

Length:  -------------------------------- 9.215”

Works with: -------------------------- Mid-Length FBS, or carbine length gas system w/ LP gas block

Will not work on piston operated weapons.
View Quote
Thanks for this info.  I had been scouring the web looking for OD measurement.  Just an idea to post it on your website too.  I am considering the 13 MLOK.  Will you make the BattleRail in FDE?  Are OD measurements the same on MLOK and BattleRail at MLOK flats?

ETA:  Nevermind I meant the OD between the BattleRail and 12 SOCC.  I believe the SOCC OD is 1.5 and BattleRail is 1.75.
If U can't Truck It F!@k It!
10/24/2018 8:07:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: imdBman][Edited] [#37]

I got my 13" M LOK.  Put 50 rnds through it today.   I love it.  It took me a few trials to get the rail straight with the upper.  I had to tighten the set screws methodically to keep it straight.  I believe the gaps above are due to; as stated  above a non-straight upper face or a barrel nut that is not as close to the receiver.  Mine has a very small gap barely big enough for a piece of paper to slide in.  This upper is my poor mans USASOC URG-I.  It will have a Primary Arms Raptor mounted this year.
If U can't Truck It F!@k It!

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In