Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]

I'm not gonna make it,   .  .  .  but if I did, I'd have to visit the big museum again

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
445.420?

Passing through the traffic nightmare of Indianapolis
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]
We're camping in the area near the main gate. Will be walking to the church in the morning and then walking back to drop a bunch of door prize ticket stubs off for the VE team.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s a three hour drive for me.  My dd and I will be there by noon today.  Staying through Sunday.  I’ve never been, but dad has several times.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Such lovely weather today.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]
On site. Radio on. Already sold a $450 radio. Lol
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Please post pics of the new Icom rig

. . . .and maybe pics of the Kenwood booths

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#9]
What time does Flex unveil their new radio?

Is Icom demonstrating predistortion linearization on the 7610?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What time does Flex unveil their new radio?

Is Icom demonstrating predistortion linearization on the 7610?
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMi4MwwLH9w

Flex 8000 series to be released.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you! So they finally have linearization...
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"JVC Kenwood USA Corp 1503-1505, 1603"

Good to see Kenwood is back again.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the old days they were always there, but I haven't been in several years.

They aren't listed here:
https://www.make-it.ca/hamvention/

"JVC Kenwood USA Corp 1503-1505, 1603"

Good to see Kenwood is back again.

Ham Radio Crash course was doing a YouTube live stream with Kenwood and it was mentioned that a tri-band mobile rig is in the works.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have links to the new Flex and Icom offering?

Was hoping to make it this year, but just not in the cards.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone have links to the new Flex and Icom offering?

Was hoping to make it this year, but just not in the cards.
View Quote
See K9-Bob's post above for the Flex stuff. You must have missed it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Icom's Got A New Radio, But What Is it??

I wonder what this will be? Icom has something new being announced at the upcoming Tokyo Ham Fair in August.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Muddy mess in the rain.  At least it started drying out by midmorning.  Saw some YouTubers and lots and lots of people.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#17]
445.420 dst 445 if anyone wants to grab lunch tomorrow or stop by the flea market spot. Met Dopple today.

Picked up a 33’ push up mast from spiderbeams and will probably get a Yaesu 710 tomorrow, simce I sold enough stuff to fund it,

Still have an Ameritron amp, TYT handheld, Icom airband handheld……. And a bunch of misc stuff
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
445.420 dst 445 if anyone wants to grab lunch tomorrow or stop by the flea market spot. Met Dopple today.

Picked up a 33’ push up mast from spiderbeams and will probably get a Yaesu 710 tomorrow, simce I sold enough stuff to fund it,

Still have an Ameritron amp, TYT handheld, Icom airband handheld……. And a bunch of misc stuff
View Quote

Outstanding....glad you made some money.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Picked up a 33' push up mast from spiderbeams and will probably get a Yaesu 710 tomorrow, simce I sold enough stuff to fund it,

Still have an Ameritron amp, TYT handheld, Icom airband handheld  . And a bunch of misc stuff
View Quote
I bought the 710 from DX today 699.99+ tax.  They were out of them, but offered to ship for free, but I just stopped by summit racing on my way home and picked it up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I bought the 710 from DX today 699.99+ tax.  They were out of them, but offered to ship for free, but I just stopped by summit racing on my way home and picked it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Picked up a 33' push up mast from spiderbeams and will probably get a Yaesu 710 tomorrow, simce I sold enough stuff to fund it,

Still have an Ameritron amp, TYT handheld, Icom airband handheld  . And a bunch of misc stuff

That is a screaming deal at $699.00.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Muddy mess in the rain.  
View Quote

At least Hara had asphalt. Ancient, crumbling asphalt, but it was asphalt.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Muddy mess in the rain.  

And mold, lots and lots of black mold.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I went and got there a little after opening and stayed until early afternoon.  Didn't do much flea market due to the mud and the morning rain got real tiresome.  Only thing I bought was a nylon belt pouch for my HT.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Muddy mess in the rain.  At least it started drying out by midmorning.  Saw some YouTubers and lots and lots of people.  

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I think 4x4 scooter rentals would be a hit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Tracks might be the way to go
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You may need tractor with tracks to get your farming done this year if it doesn't stop raining.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I drove right by Xenia this morning.  

I was going down around Lebanon to pick up a power station and some solar panels.

I had planned on stopping and spending a couple hours in the flea market, but the rain chased me away.

Maybe next year.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thank you! So they finally have linearization...
View Quote

The fact that the 7610 can do this based on the existing hardware design is amazing, considering that Flex had to upgrade their hardware.  Flex and Icom are coming out with stuff that Anan has had for a while, some pretty advanced stuff.  I wonder if Kenwood or Yaesu will ever catch up with this. I don't think that any of Kenwood's existing hardware can support anything like this, Yaesu, maybe?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The first one in Xenia was a mudfest.
View Quote

Quoted:

Lets try not to remember that one. Poopfest was preferable. I haven't been back to Xenia since then.

Having my ears blown out by the lightning strike kind of put me in a sour mood the whole weekend as well.
View Quote

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Muddy mess in the rain.  
View Quote

View Quote

And mold, lots and lots of black mold.
View Quote

Quoted:... but the rain chased me away. ...
View Quote

Can't believe I've missed out on all these years of fun

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally showered and in bed. This campsite is decent, a little muddy driving to the site. Got red/white parking pass too.

We went to dinner at Mel-O-Dee restaurant. Was ok.  My lunch was a slim jim beef and cheese, and some peanuts back at the church.

Walked the whole flea market looking for a yaesu ft8800 or similar. Not one to be found.

Went to the voa museum after dinner, they had a sk estate sale going on. Dropped off a nad tape deck as a donation, which matches other nad equipment I saw there last time.

I have tomorrow morning free, gotta be back at the church for VE stuff at noon.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#31]

(video in tweet)

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Anyone there still have those military camo poles, about 4 feet long?

The 710 at $699 is ridiculous, hope you got in on that.

Quoted:
I'm not gonna make it,   .  .  .  but if I did, I'd have to visit the big museum again

Went with the elmer and a couple guys one year. Friday and Sunday were great, but Saturday was a monsoon, so we just went to the Museum instead of the fest that day. Probably a good choice.

I had designs for several years that I would stay an extra day or two to go back to the museum, but never had the time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#32]
There is a guy near my tables that has some of the mil poles, kits and individual poles. West of the food court probably in the third row of the flea market or so.

On the far east side of the track flea market, a guy has crossed dipole HF and low band VHF field antennas for a decent price.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Got in last night around midnight. Got to the hotel and was reassured I was in the right spot.

Now that is loyalty
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#34]
That car was parked in the big vender area, so one of the employees of a company.

Got the Yaesu 710 Field first thing this morning. Stoked to get home and get it powered on.

Someone fix the bands before Monday
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Good haul. Didn’t go looking for anything particular. The two iden radios were the first thing that caught my eye. Really nice guy who through out $20. I guess there just isn’t much demand for them haha. I asked about the pd892 he had. I’ve always wanted one for the single frequency repeater capability. Was able to get all three for $260. Now to debate if I got get the two XG100s he had tomorrow. They were green…

Then I saw the pcb coasters by a local club. Thought they would be a good desk decoration, plus help a club.

The sounder hunter is for my son. It’s a neat little device to help you locate sounders. They launch a couple a day out of OKC so hopefully we can hunt one down.

Then comes the good part. I took my wife, who’s actually had her tech license for 26 years now. One old dudes are creeps. But people give her free stuff way easier than me. She got the shirt and screw driver kit. Then was getting stickers for our kids and they gave her the entire stack when they learned she was getting our kids to study. I really like the ham radio prep group before, but now even more.

All and all good turn out and the mud dried up by the time people really got to moving around.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ham Radio Crash course was doing a YouTube live stream with Kenwood and it was mentioned that a tri-band mobile rig is in the works.
View Quote
Interested
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#37]
230 exams given in 2 days. Still have $1000 in my pocket.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Dinner at Frisch's
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#39]
anything new at KENWOOD ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
anything new at KENWOOD ?
View Quote

This isn't the UFO forum...
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This isn't the UFO forum...
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dinner at Frisch's
View Quote

Saw this late,  but we had a dinner / cw contest thing to go to outside of town this evening.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224019/IMG_0077-3217597.jpg

Good haul. Didn’t go looking for anything particular. The two iden radios were the first thing that caught my eye. Really nice guy who through out $20. I guess there just isn’t much demand for them haha. I asked about the pd892 he had. I’ve always wanted one for the single frequency repeater capability. Was able to get all three for $260. Now to debate if I got get the two XG100s he had tomorrow. They were green…

Then I saw the pcb coasters by a local club. Thought they would be a good desk decoration, plus help a club.

The sounder hunter is for my son. It’s a neat little device to help you locate sounders. They launch a couple a day out of OKC so hopefully we can hunt one down.

Then comes the good part. I took my wife, who’s actually had her tech license for 26 years now. One old dudes are creeps. But people give her free stuff way easier than me. She got the shirt and screw driver kit. Then was getting stickers for our kids and they gave her the entire stack when they learned she was getting our kids to study. I really like the ham radio prep group before, but now even more.

All and all good turn out and the mud dried up by the time people really got to moving around.
View Quote

Green XG100s are exceedingly rare. If the price is right it would probably be worth picking one up!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Saw this late,  but we had a dinner / cw contest thing to go to outside of town this evening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dinner at Frisch's

No problem. We first walked into Nick's. Crowded, disorganized. Hostess was not seating people. Ended up at Frisch's. Was decent, and inexpensive. Setup my ft818 and wolf river dipole and checked into the spider web net on 20m.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Heard a rumor about a remote display for the Uniden sds200. Anyone see this or have any details?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Played a little radio after dinner.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Had dinner at outback on Miller lane in north Dayton this evening and saw many obvious ham vehicles and attendees.

People staying 30 minutes away, must have been well attended.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Hoping I can browse the remnants of the flea market for a bit in the morning before heading home. Gotta dump the tanks on the camper before we can go.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Heard a rumor about a remote display for the Uniden sds200. Anyone see this or have any details?
View Quote

Yea, sure looks familiar.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#50]

I think a guy was making these a couple years ago and selling them on radio reference.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top