Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2024 11:10:47 PM EDT
I bought 2 different MRAD113's from eBAY and wanted to test them to ensure they were working.  One was a new old stock unit, the other looks almost brand new as well.  Both were from back in 2011 or a few years older timeframe.  One had a cal sticker on it, but it's been a while since it was verified.  Considering what I paid for them vs the Accurad (~$230 each  I think, compared to the Accurad which was ~$1000) they are both within spec when testing with a CS-137 source that I just bought.  The Accurad is definitely faster to respond is damn awesome, but the MRADs just work - which is awesome!

Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Getting some check sources has been on my wish list for a while...

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, thanks...

I also took a look at the Spectrum Techniques site where they offer a wide variety of other check sources - but unfortunately it's all "request a quote" rather than directly showing prices for their products.

https://www.spectrumtechniques.com/exempt-quantity-radioactive-sources/

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By targetworks:
Interesting, thanks...

I also took a look at the Spectrum Techniques site where they offer a wide variety of other check sources - but unfortunately it's all "request a quote" rather than directly showing prices for their products.

https://www.spectrumtechniques.com/exempt-quantity-radioactive-sources/

View Quote

I actually asked for a quote from them and they were more expensive than buying from Pasco.  Pasco was $130 shipped, Spectrum was $160 shipped.  As you can see, it came from Spectrum, so its the same product for less!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top