Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2024 1:26:11 PM EDT
My son had a new pack issued to him before Sapper School, and by the end of it the frame started to crack. Admittedly, they had a LOT of weight in the things, but still...

What can he do to reinforce the frame? I don't see any obvious places where reinforcement can lay. We are thinking fiberglass or carbon fiber rod or bar, maybe aluminum.

Anyone have any experience reinforcing these frames? @raf ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest just turning it in and drawing a new one instead of trying to fix uncle sam's stuff.

Link Posted: 8/19/2024 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You can buy the frames for less than $20 searching the internet if he can wait to have it delivered.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The Fortitude pack frame is the only all- aluminum one I know of that has no welds or rivets.

I think my kid went through three or four plastic Molle airborne frames in Ranger school.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 9:01:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#4]
Fortitude Pack frame is interesting.  Mfr mentions compatibility with ALICE and FILBE systems but makes no specific mention of compatibility with MOLLE system.  HERE
I have not seen or handled a Fortitude Pack Frame, so no personal knowledge.

From pix supplied, it seems as though the entire frame is slightly curved, BUT I don't see much in the way of any significant "projection" of the belt attachment points, which serve to move the pack away from the body and provide some "venting".  This could be good or bad, but only someone who has used both OEM style of frame and the Fortitude frame could say for sure.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:
I would suggest just turning it in and drawing a new one instead of trying to fix uncle sam's stuff.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Plastic frames break.

Once he is out of Fort Lost in the Woods, maybe he will have the option of getting the Medium Ruck……. Smaller, different frame. Preferred by many, as the standard Molle ruck is gigantic and not great.

Or if it is allowed, look for a used Tactical Tailor MALICE ruck. Giant, many exterior pockets……. Welded metal Alice style frame that isnt breaking,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top