Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2021 4:21:34 PM EDT
I’m a novice
Do I put a sling my a duck/goose gun?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I did when I used to duck hunt.  Reason being is we often had to walk in several hundred yards carrying decoy bags and other gear.  If I had to carry my shotgun in my hands it would have meant a couple trips.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wespe:
I did when I used to duck hunt.  Reason being is we often had to walk in several hundred yards carrying decoy bags and other gear.  If I had to carry my shotgun in my hands it would have meant a couple trips.
View Quote

Makes sense for sure
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine came off in the blind but yes it is a good thing to have.  

Boat hunting I just kept the gun in a floating case.  I probably still had the sling in my shell bag with a couple chokes and a tube wrench.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I do, but only until I get where I'm going. I've had it hang up when I was shouldering my gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I do as well. I mostly to walk-in hunts in the marshes. Often there is nowhere dry to put a gun down when you need both hands. Sling is essential. Quick release swivels so it’s easy to remove when wanted.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#6]
The cheap double loop - over the barrel and over the stock has worked great for me for many years. I did a lot of walk in or canoe hunts and it works as well as expensive slings. You can also just hose it off when muddy or salty.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes

If you've ever had to go out into the deeks in waist/chest deep water and had another bunch of birds decide to set down while your standing there,

You know just how good of a choice it is.

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#8]
For the walk in yes, while in a layout A frame or anything no

They tend to get caught on everything that they can lol.

If hunting water that your standing in a sling is nice or a swamp stand or tree strap is nice
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Ultraflex sling by slogan outdoors

Synthetic rubber so no worries about water
And it doesn't slip off your shoulder.
Stretches so you can keep it rather tight to your gun. I don't adjust it.  

Been using the same one for nearly 20 years on my Benelli.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top