Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2024 10:58:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TAP]
Most brands, most models, including the LiFePO4 versions, are deeply discounted right now, through both vendors and direct.

It strikes me as odd and I'm curious if anyone has insights?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By TAP:
Most brands, most models, including the LiFePO4 versions, are deeply discounted right now, through both vendors and direct.

It strikes as odd and I'm curious if anyone has insights?
View Quote

Because MOQ's from China are huge on those products, and the summer was a bit soft for sales in that category due to many competitors. Also shipping was extremely high this summer, so we loaded containers full full to try and amortize the shipping.

It's excess inventory that's been pushed into the market.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By philspel:

Because MOQ's from China are huge on those products, and the summer was a bit soft for sales in that category due to many competitors. Also shipping was extremely high this summer, so we loaded containers full full to try and amortize the shipping.

It's excess inventory that's been pushed into the market.
View Quote

Philspel I didn't know that.

I was going to speculate that there was a yuge improvement in battery technology, and manufacturers wanted to get rid of inventory before releasing the new ones to market.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Links to sales?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By zoe17:
Links to sales?
View Quote

Go to just about every manufacturer or reseller in the business and you'll see the same thing, almost regardless of which one you prefer. It's even on Amazon.  Choose your brand based on the other threads, and you'll likely find they're having a major sale right now, virtually without exception.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Go to just about every manufacturer or reseller in the business and you'll see the same thing, almost regardless of which one you prefer. It's even on Amazon.  Choose your brand based on the other threads, and you'll likely find they're having a major sale right now, virtually without exception.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Links to sales?

So, what is a good brand value for LiFePO4 batteries?  I have a project I am working on and it is time to start shopping batteries.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Bluetti often has sales.
In February, March, May, July, September, and November.
It's like shopping at Kohl's, wait a week for the 30% to 40% off coupon to show up.
Sale price is the normal price.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GrumpyinStL:

So, what is a good brand value for LiFePO4 batteries?  I have a project I am working on and it is time to start shopping batteries.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrumpyinStL:
Links to sales?

I would be interested in some differentiating information as well.  From what I have found there is a small consolidation of manufacturers that actually produce the cells and batteries.  What I could find is to look at the specs of the models you are buying more so than the "brand".
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 3:25:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terriblis] [#8]
City Prepping has a 29 comparison of units.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1E3McBfU9KpsnVJcwEE5VLzMoTUrEUetGAxUVrX3K3M8/htmlview?pli=1#gid=1034043500

Best Solar Generator for 2024 (The Ultimate Guide)

2:01​ - What is a solar generator?
3:28​ - Considerations before you buy
15:28​ - Tests I performed on the units
16:39​ - Overview of each product w/test results
31:37​ - Solar panel options
33:28​ - How to maintain & protect these devices
34:29​ - Overview of calculator to determine power needs
40:09​ - Announcing the winner for

Pecron E3600LFP: King of Home Solar Generators for 2024?

Top Top