Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2011 8:15:58 PM EDT
Are any of you buying large quantities of MRE's for storage?
I have plenty put up for myself and my family, but I own a gunshop and outdoor supply store. I have had an increasing number of my customers requesting MRE's.
I see several commercial manufacturers such as A-Pack and Sure-Pack, but I can't seen to find any decent pricing on them. I know that you can find military MRE's out there, but I know they are not supposed to be sold. I know that every gun shop in my area sells them and I have never seen anyone get in trouble, but why chance it? Who makes a high quality commercial MRE at a reasonable price? Also, are there any military manufacturers who also package for commercial sale?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Armygear.net is where I buy them, I dont remeber the brandnames on them but they seem to be the real deal to me with all the stuff you would expect in them.

52.49+S&H a case
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
You could buy them at the base commissary.  

You gotta love those military benefits.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://www.topohiker.com/FS/MREs.png

If that price in the picture is what you are paying to buy them on base then you are getting screwed.  armygear.net is the best only option when they are in stock.

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that price in the picture is what you are paying to buy them on base then you are getting screwed.  armygear.net is the best only option when they are in stock.

That was the price on Wednesday when I was in there.

Despite the many claims of 'support' from private industry, congress, and even on-base agencies, the military is ripe for screwing and they're all climbing over themselves to do it.  Support the Troops is an empty slogan more times than not.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Holy fuck at that price I hope they are providing the Vaseline
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
These places are retailers not wholesalers.

Try contacting the manufactures and see if they wholesale direct to the retailer and if not if they can tell you who their distributors are.

My wife and I have a retail and a wholesale business ( no mre's ) among our other jobs so I know that contacting the manufactures direct would be your first step.
I guessing that being a food product that wholesale cost will probably be up there so to make it worth your while you might need to order a full truck load.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#8]
How many cases do you want?
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
These places are retailers not wholesalers.

Try contacting the manufactures and see if they wholesale direct to the retailer and if not if they can tell you who their distributors are.

My wife and I have a retail and a wholesale business ( no mre's ) among our other jobs so I know that contacting the manufactures direct would be your first step.
I guessing that being a food product that wholesale cost will probably be up there so to make it worth your while you might need to order a full truck load.

what he said . try contacting the manufacturers first , They can send you to a wholesaler if they do not sell direct
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I've bought 2 pallets from SOPAKO is SC a few years ag.  These were civilian MRE's and definitally not as complete as the Mil ones.  Chech the MRE website for compairsons.
Link Posted: 11/28/2011 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Depends on the Px.  I can't get them at mine.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top