Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2012 2:36:51 PM EDT
Hey guys. Ive made some stuff out of paracord before (survival bracelets, collar for my dag, etc) but has anyone ever made a rifle sling out of paracord?

if so, what type of knot/set up for rifle.

advice would be appreciated, as well as any photos youre willing to share of your work

thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the cobra stitch, its easy once you get it down.

Almost every sling I have is made like that, and I have done a few fancier versions just for fun in the winter. Mostly though its just a variation of the one at he bottom.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
All of mine were made using the king cobra knot.

Basically do a normal cobra knot like you would for a bracelet, but to a much longer length, then go back over the length in the opposite direction using the same knot.  Uses a lot of cord, but its very sturdy and wide for comfort.

Sorry, no pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top