Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2016 2:36:48 PM EDT
0.02 micron filters will filter out everything including viruses. What about water that has been contaminated by gasoline or oil?

If you were somewhere you know to have gasoline pollution (anywhere people go boating, for me Lake Powell would be a good example, especially because people fuel directly on the lake) or if you found a water source but could see a fuel sheen, would you feel comfortable filtering that water for drinking?

Anybody with a good knowledge on how this stuff works?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Dissolved chemicals are not removed from Water the same way bacteria and viruses are.  I believe you will need a portable reverse osmosis system to remove dissolved chemicals.
Remember a chemical is molecular sized contamination. Waaay smaller than the smallest virus.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thank you for the chart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top