Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2013 9:41:16 AM EDT
So I'm building my first 55 gal feeder. Used to always use my buddies two but he moved leases due to family stuff. What are some good reliable timer kits? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used a ton of different brands and I have had the best luck with HCR Feeders.  I bought them at a feed store in Freer but you can get them online.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have used a ton of different brands and I have had the best luck with HCR Feeders.  I bought them at a feed store in Freer but you can get them online.

Are those the ones with the lifetime warentee? My buddy told of his but could not remember the name. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
No they don't have a lifetime warranty.  They will repair broken ones, but I have never had one of the timers break.  I have replaced burned out motors though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had a couple of these since 2005 & they're both still working well.

These may be better if you have coon problems, though.

Link Posted: 7/14/2013 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks! Bunch of guys here swear buy "The Timer" brand. & it has a lifetime warrantee. I think I might be getting one of those.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#6]
also one thing to consider is 6v and 12 v feeders, I use 6 v that work fine, a lot of friend complain about 12v as they throw out too much corn, they always say they wish they had 6v
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
also one thing to consider is 6v and 12 v feeders, I use 6 v that work fine, a lot of friend complain about 12v as they throw out too much corn, they always say they wish they had 6v
View Quote

Great to know! Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Moultre magnum. has lifetime warranty on feeder. Our ended up underwater during a flood and they sent me a brand new one, (cost me shipping there)
Link Posted: 8/10/2013 2:48:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm good with a feeder. Just finished building it from a 55 gal. drum. I went and bought "The Timer". Great reviews.

Thanks, for the info!
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you have any of your old feeder motors and housing??

If so, what usually happens to most feeders is the timer will go bad, most of the time my motor is good.  I just buy a replacement digital timer, solar charger and of course a battery. The ones I have been using for the last several years is the 6v type.

The solar cells usually never go bad.

Know this, the sealed 12v and 6v batteries arean't really sealed and will run out of water, after a year or so of use I will uncap the cover and refill the cells with a epsom salt mix, the batteries will last a lot longer that way
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have any of your old feeder motors and housing??

If so, what usually happens to most feeders is the timer will go bad, most of the time my motor is good.  I just buy a replacement digital timer, solar charger and of course a battery. The ones I have been using for the last several years is the 6v type.

The solar cells usually never go bad.

Know this, the sealed 12v and 6v batteries arean't really sealed and will run out of water, after a year or so of use I will uncap the cover and refill the cells with a epsom salt mix, the batteries will last a lot longer that way
View Quote

Wow! Cool! I didn't know that about the batteries. Thanks for the trick!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top