BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4rticus:
Haven't worn the HPG, but use a raven concealment vanguard trigger guard with a tether of 550 that pulls it off when I draw. Use this in both a fanny pack and my bino pouch.
View Quote

+1 on this
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I agonized over this when I bought mine years and years ago. For piece of mind, take an unloaded SAO with the safety off and zip it up in the holster compartment. Then see if you can get the hammer to fall with it in the bag. I never could. Over on the HPG forum they describe it as a holster within a holster.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Krazydaddy2:
Do any hpg packs hold a large revolver like a 357 or a 44 super RedHawk. I cannot find any pictures on fitment.

View Quote

Any of the "FULL" kit bags should have no issue holding a large revolver. They are 11.50 inches wide and 7.50 inches tall.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. Off to look at options.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 5:38:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Loonytik:

Any of the "FULL" kit bags should have no issue holding a large revolver. They are 11.50 inches wide and 7.50 inches tall.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Loonytik:
Originally Posted By Krazydaddy2:
Do any hpg packs hold a large revolver like a 357 or a 44 super RedHawk. I cannot find any pictures on fitment.

I've  carried a 5" 629 in my full recon.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 5:43:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stryfe] [#6]
Originally Posted By 9fings:

https://www.optactical.com/hpgrukitbag.html

Ranger green and another color in stock. They have a few other bags listed but didn’t see if they were in stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 9fings:
Originally Posted By m_lowlander:
So where can you get some of this HPG action? Their site is constantly out of stock....
About to go a different way

https://www.optactical.com/hpgrukitbag.html

Ranger green and another color in stock. They have a few other bags listed but didn’t see if they were in stock.

I was looking for a heavy recon.
I put in a notify me on the HPG web page.
I finally got the notification and they were already sold out.
Figuring they'd finally run a batch I started googling and found mine at 5col

I already had a full size recon.
The 5.11 looks decent, but a bit smaller than an HPG full. If I didn't already have HPG, I might go that route.
And it's much cheaper than the HPG, so if you decide to go HPG later, you're not out much.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 5:53:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:
As mentioned; kydex trigger guard, tethered to the loop in the HPG intended specifically for that purpose. When you draw, the kydex trigger guard stays in the HPG.

Last thing you want is an ND/AD from something poking the trigger on a Glock on your chest (and all manner of things could cause that, including a fall. No one plans to fall, but shit happens).
View Quote

Which one do you have?
On my recon I ended up adding mag pouches to the front for my phone and compass. Spare mag and truck key and fob in the zipper compartment.
Originally I only bought it to carry the gun.
What I dont like is that there isn't a pistol mag/light size divider in the front pocket. The dividers seem to made for rifle mags. That's why I moved up to the heavy recon.
I put a tactigami mag pouch on the velcro in the holster compartment. Still have room for a big semi auto.
And now I have some more room in the front pockets. Now I can keep everything covered.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I use the HPG smaller chest bag when I run trails with a kydex trigger guard cover tethered in.

Very comfortable setup
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Maxpedition has a universal holster which is a velco strap and loop. The strap lays flat against the chest bag and the loop can be sized to go around any pistol you plan to use in your kit bag. I use it and it works great.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top