Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Diablo IV (Page 31 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#1]
Spiritborn reveal was today. All the content creators are releasing their videos of the hands-on experience they got, plus the official trailer.

Diablo IV | Vessel of Hatred | Spiritborn Class Trailer

Not much expansion info but there was some minor stuff like a new stronghold with a mechanic where you have to bring a lantern around to fight, plus this map:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Spiritborn reveal was today. All the content creators are releasing their videos of the hands-on experience they got, plus the official trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsv8YGqw-hU

Not much expansion info but there was some minor stuff like a new stronghold with a mechanic where you have to bring a lantern around to fight, plus this map:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_4169_png-3270406.JPG
View Quote

Really liking the gameplay of the Spiritborn.

After I complete my move to Thailand, I'll try to get back into D4 again. It's been a hectic last few months. Hopefully I'll be able to find good internet over there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Developer update stream is live. Hoping for the S5 patch notes soon.

Diablo IV Developer Update | Season of the Infernal Hordes | August 2024

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Barbarians getting hosed as usual.

Waiting for patch notes, but unique changes are huge.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Last class I have to main is Barb so that's what I'm doing for S5. Made one this weekend to practice, got to WT4, and cleared a 55 NMD all within a few hours

Although to be fair I did borrow the fully masterworked Harlequin's Crest Uber from my main
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure what I want to do yet,  I haven't done a Rouge in seasons yet.  I made one for my first character and can't say I enjoyed it much.

I had a wizard, barb and druid built for last season.  

I haven't done a necro since S2,  I'll. need to look over a few builds and see if I want to do one of those.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:23:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PinePig:
I'm not sure what I want to do yet,  I haven't done a Rouge in seasons yet.  I made one for my first character and can't say I enjoyed it much.

I haven't done a necro since S2,  I'll. need to look over a few builds and see if I want to do one of those.
View Quote

Minion necro was very good this season.  Super easy to play and very survivable. We’ll have to see how it is this time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
If you want to play a Necro (I played on last season) all the smart money is on the "Bone Spirit" build.  Rogue and Sorcerers have been buffed for this season and have some strong builds and while Barbarians have been nerfed heavily the addition of some new over-powered gear makes the "Bash" looks as though it will still be very strong.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By thejokker:
If you want to play a Necro (I played on last season) all the smart money is on the "Bone Spirit" build.  Rogue and Sorcerers have been buffed for this season and have some strong builds and while Barbarians have been nerfed heavily the addition of some new over-powered gear makes the "Bash" looks as though it will still be very strong.
View Quote

Bone Spirit looks very good, but takes some attention to play.  Minion is easy button, even if it is less overall power.

The new questline for the Infernal Hordes was up before the patch live switch time, quick and painless in Eternal.

The Rob AK47 landslide druid is pretty sick, even before the patch buffs.  https://d4builds.gg/builds/a4d84a36-e85f-4d9a-b22b-d8ecab46f5a3/?var=0
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I heard something mentioned about infinite paragon levels, or at least some sort of progression past max level?  Anyone have any details?
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy cow.  Farmed the uniques I need for the landslide build.  Even with crap gear, no glyphs above lvl 15 (one is still level 1), I was able to solo Tormented Duriel.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#13]
Looks like they messed up and gave everyone all the temper manuals already unlocked with the new season All you gotta do is unlock the initial temper thing and all the rest will unlock.

You can put the legendary tempers on your new seasonal character to make clearing the capstones super easy.

edit: Raxx just beat the WT3 capstone with a level 28 Sorc (hardcore) in 53 minutes due to the temper bug

edit 2: WT4 at level 50 in 1hr 42 mins. He's solo btw, not grouped. Crazy.

edit 3: dead RIP. Helltide at 52 was too much for him.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Minion necro is pretty mediocre now.  Used to breeze through 100+ pits.  Now, 70 is a struggle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#15]
There's multiple posts on Reddit about people (specifically only rogues so far) getting enormous amounts of XP from a single boss kill. One guy went from level 20-60 from a single WT2 boss, and another guy went from 80 right to 100 while doing a horde wave. People are guessing one of the rogue unique's or legendary's are bugged.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#16]
My gear is still in progress (nothing above Masterwork 8/12).  That said:

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]
There's multiple posts on Reddit about people (specifically only rogues so far) getting enormous amounts of XP from a single boss kill. One guy went from level 20-60 from a single WT2 boss, and another guy went from 80 right to 100 while doing a horde wave. People are guessing one of the rogue unique's or legendary's are bugged.
View Quote

It was the new dagger. Apparently the shadow dummies it spawned were giving huge exp when they died. They’ve pushed a hotfix that disables the unique power.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ParityError:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T58e7vfSqnE
View Quote

Holy shit.

I ended up with another Sorc,  only level 75 so far,  just don't have a ton of free time to waste when the weather is nice.

I'm hoping to pick up the stuff for the fire ball build soon,  looks fun as hell.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Farmed T3 then T4 Hordes yesterday for an hour or so. I went from level 81 to 98 lol. Plus I got a ton of pit materials from it.

So stupid lol. There's no point to The Pit anymore. NMD's are strictly for leveling glyphs now too because the XP from hordes is much better.

Also the new boss summoning mechanic is an excellent quality of life improvement. I was able to farm the mats for Duriel and Andariel in mere minutes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Also the new boss summoning mechanic is an excellent quality of life improvement. I was able to farm the mats for Duriel and Andariel in mere minutes.
View Quote

Shit yes,  not having to TP out and reset every time is so much better.

I got a half day time out last night from Blizzard,  apparently if you name your toon Firecrotch folks will report you for breaking the TOS. Bunch of cucks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 4:43:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#21]
Holy crap

They just added a purchasable horse in the store for $25 based on the WoW meme horse that made tons of money. The thing even has wings when you charge.

They also added a bunch of other WoW cosmetics.

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/iconic-wow-lore-figure-transmog-now-in-diablo-4-varian-wrynn-xavius-xalatath-345749#necromancer-xalatath-the-harbinger

https://www.wowhead.com/news/sparklepony-comes-to-diablo-4-celestial-steed-crossover-mount-now-available-345753

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/9/2024 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Just checked the leveling build ranking on maxroll. Damn, classes were shuffled around like crazy.

In the process of reinstalling D4. Looks like I'll be leveling as a lightning storm druid, then transitioning to landslide for endgame.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:27:44 AM EDT
[#23]
The fire ball build is a room clearing machine.  Just slapped it together with OK 925 gear.   Such an improvement on chain lightning.

I'm 82 now and will use this for NMD and IH until level 100,  should go pretty quick.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#24]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T58e7vfSqnE
View Quote

I just moved from the starter to the early endgame of that build. I'm enjoying it so far. I have all the aspects, but none of the uniques. Will be opening WT 4 later in the day.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 5:48:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#25]
Just picked up Vasily's Prayer, from the tree. One of the uniques I need for my landslide build, so that's a plus.  Never got a unique from that before. Is that a recent change?

WT4 instance was a joke for this build. Final guy lasted maybe 10 seconds. Completed it at 63.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#26]
If you are playing Sorc, this build is amazing for clearing density.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/lightning-spear-sorcerer-guide

Killing bosses is a bit slow, but with Tyrael’s Might and a Shako, this thing is basically immortal.  Clears a t7 Infernal with no drama.  End bosses take a bit but just keep spamming frozen orbs and lightning spears until they die.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Get this..

I met up with my brother this evening to give him a nice Axial Conduit i picked up yesterday.

In 5 season this guy has never run any of the bosses.
So I took him around and showed him the locations and mats needed to summon them.

3rd run on Andariel and he has a 2x greater affix Shako drop for him.

Fucker..

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:50:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#28]
Got lucky and got the 2 mythics I needed for my build during a single Duriel rotation.

However, I then went into the Maxroll build page and noticed I actually need 2 more for the proper build

edit: friendly guild mate killed Lilith for me, then I got a repeat mythic on a Beast rotation so I was able to craft the 3rd mythic I needed. Just need a Shako now!
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Haven't played for maybe 7 months now.

Started seeing this thread move lately and was thinking about hopping back on.

You guys digging the game? Has it gotten a lot better?
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:32:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#30]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

View Quote

To me, much better. A lot of QoL improvements. Mounts can sprint in town, no constantly looking for aspects to re imprint with. Once you salvage an item with an imprint you want, you have it for good or at least the season. Aspects can have from 1 to 16 tiers and will automatically upgrade in your codex, as you salvage an item with a better tier.

Trying a new sorc build. Bouncing fireballs are fun.  https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/fireball-sorcerer-guide
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Trying a rogue this season.  I think I'm around level 98 at this time.  Did a combo flurry rapid fire build which is fun but apparently according to the interwebz is very poor for endgame.  I can concur this is true.  I am planning on moving over to a rapid-fire build.  Sadly, most of the rogue builds require a mythic to work. In 5 seasons of play I've only ever gotten a single mythic.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 11:53:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#32]
Have all my uniques for my fireball build. All I do is cast and run as mobs die so fast. Currently 85 and doing 95 NMs. Will update as I get into higher NMs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

View Quote
For me I really enjoy playing a lot for just the first couple weeks of each season, then quit until the next season. There's been a ton of improvements to the game since release and I'm jealous of new/returning people experiencing the game as it is.

Play now, take a break, and come back for the expansion in less than two months. It'll be totally different then too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Got a pretty good rolled godslayer's crown off a normal trash mob and a living steel from a plain white chest. Will teach me not to skip the smallest stuff.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#35]
If you are playing Sorc, this build is amazing for clearing density.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/lightning-spear-sorcerer-guide

Killing bosses is a bit slow, but with Tyrael’s Might and a Shako, this thing is basically immortal.  Clears a t7 Infernal with no drama.  End bosses take a bit but just keep spamming frozen orbs and lightning spears until they die.
View Quote

I haven't been able to get the required ammy to drop,  fucking thing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Still waiting on that ammy.   Was able to knock down Uber Grigore after about 6-7 fails,  though I was going to have to TP out to repair my broken shit and just squeezed it out.  Fuckin' Shako drops, that helps so much. Now I need to farm up a bunch of Zir mats so I can see if he's doable now and get that damn ammy.

To be honest though it would probably help a bit if I bothered to level some glyphs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 8:23:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Xerith] [#37]
Still waiting on that ammy.   Was able to knock down Uber Grigore after about 6-7 fails,  though I was going to have to TP out to repair my broken shit and just squeezed it out.  Fuckin' Shako drops, that helps so much. Now I need to farm up a bunch of Zir mats so I can see if he's doable now and get that damn ammy.

To be honest though it would probably help a bit if I bothered to level some glyphs.
View Quote

If you need any help with the tormented bosses, I can kill them easily. Uber Lilith included. Helped a buddy today with her and I can zerg her second phase to where the blood orbs don’t spawn.

Offer is open to anyone. Frozen orb/lighting spear sorc. It is still extremely strong despite the “nerf”.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Xerith:

If you need any help with the tormented bosses, I can kill them easily. Uber Lilith included. Helped a buddy today with her and I can zerg her second phase to where the blood orbs don’t spawn.

Offer is open to anyone. Frozen orb/lighting spear sorc. It is still extremely strong despite the “nerf”.
View Quote

I can probably do Zir,  he's supposed to be one of the easy ones,  I'm just lacking mats cause I burned them all trying to get it on easy mode.
If you see me on and want to join up for a bit,  please drop the message,  I just hope I'll see it it in the ignore me chat box.

Link Posted: 8/19/2024 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#39]

I can probably do Zir,  he's supposed to be one of the easy ones,  I'm just lacking mats cause I burned them all trying to get it on easy mode.
If you see me on and want to join up for a bit,  please drop the message,  I just hope I'll see it it in the ignore me chat box.

View Quote

Xerith#1757 is my battlenet. Add me when you can.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Works out I can walk through Uber Zir pretty easy,  after I hit 4 salvos of bouncing fire balls his health was about 20% gone,  didn't really expect that.

Had two ammys drop in the pile of shit he leaves behind, alas neither were the winterglass,  more mat farming.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 5:18:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Works out I can walk through Uber Zir pretty easy,  after I hit 4 salvos of bouncing fire balls his health was about 20% gone,  didn't really expect that.

Had two ammys drop in the pile of shit he leaves behind, alas neither were the winterglass,  more mat farming.
View Quote

The Winterglass drop rate sucks. Very frustrating grind, and Zir takes way too many mats / run.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#42]
We did four tormented Varshan runs last night looking to upgrade my Skyhunter and Condemnation.  Got both upgraded with much better versions.

We also had 2 Mythics drop for me as well!  Ring of Starless Skies and a Harlequin Crest!!  Both are BiS for my build and also the first ubers I've gotten in 5 season of play.

Funny part is that we did not even know Varshan had a tormented version.  15 hearts and 1 stone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 5:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#43]
Made a second sorcerer to do the lightning spear build. Struggling something fierce from changing from the 1-50 chain lightning build, but I'm dealing with it. Just got the message to go talk to  Istel, as I have another box to claim. Welp, I just used up all my luck for the year.  I have multiple loops in storage and one usable now. Just need to hit 80 for Tibault's Will.

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice!
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Bastard.

I was able to round enough up in a couple hours and run another....6 pairs of penitent grieves is exactly what I was looking for.

Now I've had to run some pits to get the sparks so I can collect more mats.  

Funny thing is once I have it built,  i'll play with it just a bit,  line up a few more world boss kills to finish the journey and probably not touch it again till the expansion.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 8:24:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#46]
Game changer for sure. Was struggling doing low level NMs waiting on CDs. At 63, I just did a level 72 NM ( not tier ) and had a butcher spawn on me ( told you I used up my luck ).  He was harder than the instance boss.

EDIT: no level 15 glyphs, crap rolled gear, and forgot to set my enhancement skills...
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:
Game changer for sure. Was struggling doing low level NMs waiting on CDs. At 63, I just did a level 72 NM ( not tier ) and had a butcher spawn on me ( told you I used up my luck ).  He was harder than the instance boss.

EDIT: no level 15 glyphs, crap rolled gear, and forgot to set my enhancement skills...
View Quote

The combo flurry/rapid fire rogue I levelled up with was the same.  Could not get past tier 45 NMDs and tier 7 pits.  Just took too long to kill the bosses at the end.  That was with 48k attack power!

Swapped to straight Rapid-Fire build and once I re-learned how to play this build just wrecks stuff. Lost some of my max resists which sucks and bites me in the ass far too often but with just 19k attack power this build destroys bosses and mobs in one ice imbued RF attack.  The build more than makes up for my poor play, most of the time.

Link Posted: 8/21/2024 12:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#48]
Lots of announcements today and yesterday. There's an in-game party finder coming, along with a new re-roll system to prevent bricking items when tempering!
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Lots of announcements today and yesterday. They're an in-game party finder coming, along with a new re-roll system to prevent bricking items when tempering!
View Quote

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY.

Link Posted: 8/21/2024 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#50]
35% character exp and a 50% boost to gold drops from monsters going on now.
Page / 32
Diablo IV (Page 31 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top