Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2008 7:52:56 PM EDT
So I'm selling my truck. I've got a couple For Sale signs. What tape should I use to tape to the windows? I've got Silver duct tape. Black electrical tape. Clear packing tape.

Adhesive from any tape comes off pretty easily with WD40 or GooGone, but does duct tape look too redneck?
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I'm selling my truck. I've got a couple For Sale signs. What tape should I use to tape to the windows? I've got Silver duct tape. Black electrical tape. Clear packing tape.

Adhesive from any tape comes off pretty easily with WD40 or GooGone, but does duct tape look too redneck?

Clear packing tape.  Electrical tape will melt and peel off.  Duct tape will melt and be a bitch to get off.  Packing tape is invisible and will come off with a razor easier than the previous two.

Make sure you put the sign on the inside

Good luck with the sale.  Might as well throw it on the EE too.
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Clear packing tape.  Electrical tape will melt and peel off.  Duct tape will melt and be a bitch to get off.  Packing tape is invisible and will come off with a razor easier than the previous two.

Link Posted: 10/2/2008 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Wish I could put it on the inside. Guess I forgot to mention that detail. The tinted windows will make it very hard to see if I don't put it on the outside.

Once I get some pictures up, I'll definitely be putting it out to all the free ad places I can (EE, Craigslist, etc). Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Why use tape? Why don't you use Suction cups
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does duct tape look too redneck?

Depending on which Alabama county you live in, looking redneck could be a good thing. Blount, Winston, Walker, Lamar....... etc.
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Forgot to mention,  for just a few bucks more you could get some decals (at any home repair center) and just  put "FOR SALE" and your telephone number.  If the windows are tinted get white letters as they'll stand out pretty easily.  It'll be a much cleaner option.

Link Posted: 10/7/2008 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Forgot to mention,  for just a few bucks more you could get some decals (at any home repair center) and just  put "FOR SALE" and your telephone number.  If the windows are tinted get white letters as they'll stand out pretty easily.  It'll be a much cleaner option.

www.forsalesticker.com/pickies/vette.jpg

I've done this, but had a sign shop cut and make some really clean vinyl decals and in the same font as the car's badging. Looked great. Looked non-redneck. and came right off w/ straight razor.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah, I see hot rods with this type of for sale sign and I think, yeah it's for sale for $2000 more than they have in it.

I think type of for sale sign says "I'm trying to sell my car for more than it's worth".
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 4:21:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I see hot rods with this type of for sale sign and I think, yeah it's for sale for $2000 more than they have in it.

I think type of for sale sign says "I'm trying to sell my car for more than it's worth".

Or you can do the research into what the car is worth, find out what is done to it, and decide for yourself if it is a good deal or not
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#10]
It is NEVER a good idea to put ANY kind of tape on window tint! The results could be very bad.

When I see vinyl for sale decals (usually on a very nice car/truck), it tells me that the owner takes special care of their ride. Sometimes, that might be worth a little more on the purchase price. Just my opinion..............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top