Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
1/32 resin Cutlass kit.  It’s been a real test of my patience.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 6:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JQ66] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Use to go to Joe Nall all the time when it was in Pat Hartness’ back yard.  The guy that was in charge of my old clubs field moved to Greenville and maintained Pats property.  Loved the huge BBQ cookout he had at his home.  Those were good times.

I use Imageshack for pic hosting.

Byron Originals had some nice stuff. When Byron sold it all off I guess the new owners didn’t have the same business skills and it died off.
View Quote

The Byron molds and tooling plus lots of parts was bought by a guy or guys from Wheeling WV.  Was named something like Nail city or nail forge hobbies.  I think the address was in a really run down part of a really run down little city.   And they were not too honest in their dealings with customers by not mailing stuff out etc, per lots of people's accounts.
i would still love to have a Byron P-51 with the geared drive.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Repaired my Kraton 8S for the first time.

I've been blown away how damn strong this thing is. It's almost bulletproof.

Was launching it 60-70' on father's day and had a blind landing and it landed wonky. broke a shock end and two battery straps. Got the shock ends in today. Was impressed the shock shaft was still straight. Granted it is 5mm thick.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Turned my Mini LMT into a 4 wheel steering Mini LMT
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
1 hour work on the 1/96 USS Constitution

Deadeye, chain plate and shroud
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought cheap mini t on ebay. Trashed electronics, raiding parts box now. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Just finished building this 1/4 scale J3 Cub that will hopefully maiden tomorrow and already started on this composite Old Crow P-51 which is covered in scale details.  By far the most scale plane that I own to date.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 7:17:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebomber] [#9]
Phalanx CIWS. I was an engineer on this program after I graduated from college.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Not quite ready to fly yet but very close.  First time since I started on it I’ve put it all together.  Beautiful beast!  Pictures do not do justice. Going to an event in Memphis this weekend and want to at least display this very scale aircraft.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 10:45:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gibbles] [#11]
Rovan baja 5b, 1/5th scale 30cc 2 stroke fun machine.

It's something i bought back in 2020 after dusting off my old nitro rc collection and finding out that parts were unavailable, and options for a replacement were few to none.

Then i ran across the hpi china clone, hpi being long gone, but the baja lived on!

Parts are easy and cheap, and i don't need to worry about sourcing nitro rc fuel.

I have beat the living hell out of it, it's on its second chassis since i snapped the original in half.
It now has all of the reccomended reinforcements.

Last outing i blew out a rear shock seal jumping curbs in my culdesac, and the pull starter broke taking out some cooling fins on the flywheel.

Parts arrive today to fix it!

It's probably also overdue for a teardown, cleaning, and lubing of the gearbox.

Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Gibbles:
Rovan baja 5b, 1/5th scale 30cc 2 stroke fun machine.

It's something i bought back in 2020 after dusting off my old nitro rc collection and finding out that parts were unavailable, and options for a replacement were few to none.

Then i ran across the hpi china clone, hpi being long gone, but the baja lived on!

Parts are easy and cheap, and i don't need to worry about sourcing nitro rc fuel.

I have beat the living hell out of it, it's on its second chassis since i snapped the original in half.
It now has all of the reccomended reinforcements.

Last outing i blew out a rear shock seal jumping curbs in my culdesac, and the pull starter broke taking out some cooling fins on the flywheel.

Parts arrive today to fix it!

It's probably also overdue for a teardown, cleaning, and lubing of the gearbox.

View Quote

I also have a Rovan 5b and it is awesome. Been a blast so far. Don't know how many tanks I have through it now but it is a bunch. Very good cars for $450.  Mine is also a 30.5cc
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 1:36:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

This the old Pro Modeler (former DML/Dragon) 1/48 TA-154. I’ve been picking away at it for the last few months…which is sad because I selected it to be a quick build. Spare time is just not on my side. I need to wrap it up soon, because I want to take on the Zoukei Mura 1/32 FW-190A4 this winter. That’ll be a long project for sure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24640/IMG_6780_jpeg-3310723.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24640/IMG_6783_jpeg-3310724.JPG

This the old Pro Modeler (former DML/Dragon) 1/48 TA-154. I’ve been picking away at it for the last few months…which is sad because I selected it to be a quick build. Spare time is just not on my side. I need to wrap it up soon, because I want to take on the Zoukei Mura 1/32 FW-190A4 this winter. That’ll be a long project for sure.
View Quote

It’s looking great!  I’m 4 months in on a Fisher Cutlass build. These last details are killing me. Between summer activities, trips out of town, health issues, AIM 1 Sparrows mis-shapen and warped fins and having to order aftermarket, it might be finished by next weekend.  But I’m not holding my breath.  It should have been done 2-3 weeks ago.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top