Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/26/2010 8:24:40 PM EDT
With all the questions that pop up about it thought people would like to see it.

Fullsize link
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
But we got great weather !
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
California and Californians

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yea, not even sure that chart covers all of it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
My head hurts from reading the flow chart.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Chip away at it folks. The coming chaos will offer some cover to remove this shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'd rather live in a tent full of holes in the northernmost part of Alaska.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but you currently live in a mud hut in Tennessee, so it would be a step up...

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn that's retarded.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Jeebus.

That's more complicated than the flow charts I had to make for outlines for Secured Transactions for Article 9 UCC transactions.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Needs a picture of  some DOJ agents hiding behind one of the boxes..

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but you currently live in a mud hut in Tennessee, so it would be a step up...

i'll take my mud hut over a tepee in the desert.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#12]
You have to give credit where credit is due. The guys who came up with a way around the ridiculous California laws, stuck a pretty big middle finger to the Democrats and Rhinos who thought they ended gun ownership with all the laws they made. Better to successfully jump through the hoops and rub it in a liberals face than to throw your hands up in the air and give up.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, can't even have an M14 eh? Sucks to be you guys
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Chip away at it folks. The coming chaos will offer some cover to remove this shit.

I like the way you think.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Another CA AR owner here, we need to keep it strong and take back what is ours
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yes they can.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It's complicated but I have two M1As.  They don't have flash hiders.  They have the Springfiled muzzle compensators instead.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes they can.

Not if it's stock. Detachable mag + flash hider = nogo, at least according to the chart
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes they can.

Not if it's stock. Detachable mag + flash hider = nogo, at least according to the chart

See my post above.  Springfield sells CA compliant M1As.  They have for years.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes they can.

Gee I wonder of they sell a CA complaint model in the nations largest firearms market...

Swap the flash hider and it is legal.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You can't have a true M14 either  without NFA papers - those are considered select-fire.

As for a Springfield Armory M1A clone of an M14 (i.e., an AR15 to an M16), yes we can.   We just
can't have flash hiders on them and have muzzle brakes on them instead.  They're sold at every
decent gunshop in CA if they can keep them in inventory.

BTW, that CA AW flowchart - or the original logic behind it - primed the flow of ~250K evil black rifles into
CA after they thought they'd banned them.  And the flow is continuing.  They can't really tweak anything
further without screwing themselves up due to interference with other laws  (i.e, allowing other existing
guns to be changed into 'assault weapons') -  they boxed themselves in between two separate bodies of
law plus a suite of regulatory definitions.

And with incorporation of RKBA coming up - and Heller decision only really allowing bans of guns that are
both "dangerous and unusual"  (the word 'and' was NOT used casually!)
and black rifles some of the most common guns in the country (ARs prob outsell Rem 700s and 10/22s now)
and you can see where we're goin'  :)    Plus the courts are smart enough to see that a detachable-magazine
CA-legal AR with a wedge grip vs. a detachable-magazine CA-illegal AR with a pistol grip is bogus
and that such ergonomics are irrelevant to RKBA matters....

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't have a true M14 either  without NFA papers - those are considered select-fire.

As for a Springfield Armory M1A clone of an M14 (i.e., an AR15 to an M16), yes we can.
We just can't have flash hiders on them and have muzzle brakes on them instead.  They're
at every decent gunshop.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

In the Bay Area. Any gunstore worth anything that sells rifles has some M1As.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes they can.

M1A with a "muzzle break" instead of the regular flash hider like on the full size is okay. If you have preban 20s those are okay. If you don't then your stuck with 10 rounders. No bullet button.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 11:59:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Why don't you guys move to a free state?
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why don't you move to a state where the women have teeth?
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have teeth here....

Just not their own...
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Because that's what the liberals want.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:19:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, that's an intelligent retort.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes they can.

M1A with a "muzzle break" instead of the regular flash hider like on the full size is okay. If you have preban 20s those are okay. If you don't then your stuck with 10 rounders. No bullet button.

http://i42.tinypic.com/s662c7.jpg

The ONE type of magazine that I have preban are those M1A's, and I don't even own one anymore.

I need to buy another.

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
With all the questions that pop up about it thought people would like to see it.

http://www.paul.net/guns/ca_aw_id_flowchart_front.png

Fullsize link

That is truly insane. Gee....I never thought I'd say it,looking at this makes me hunger for Massachusetts with its (comparatively) rational and ummm.....sane gun laws...

And yes, I am being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.paul.net/guns/ca_aw_id_flowchart_front.png

Fullsize link

That is truly insane. Gee....I never thought I'd say it,looking at this makes me hunger for Massachusetts with its (comparatively) rational and ummm.....sane gun laws...

And yes, I am being sarcastic.

Actually, while CA bans certain types of guns and these bans are indeed surmountable as shown by the above flowchart and by using
low-cost improvisations like the BulletButton and MonsterMan grips,  we're much better than those other eastern states in terms of
no 'specific destination' laws, no real firearms ID card to worry about expiry, etc.  

If you get pulled over with a legal gun in a traffic stop in CA, you don't look like a dirtbag and you don't have a dead hooker in your
trunk, you'll be on your way in 10-15 min.   If you get pulled over in MA or MD with a legal gun you're at best gonna have a lot of
explaining to do: certainly MD has a specific destination for handguns..  

There's far more "gun culture" in CA than in MA/MD.   It's occupied territory here, but we're holding ground and there's progress
in the courts.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'd rather stay and fight.  

Plus,  nice weather, good six-figure jobs (and ability to get a new one quickly), great restaurants, one of the world's best
symphony orchestras just 30min away  all help mitigate relatively minor firearms drama.   An 18yr old can buy a Min14
or M1A here.  10rd mags do change out pretty quickly.

And as someone with 9 legal grandfathered AWs + 30 or so other guns, and hundreds of grandfathered hicap mags,  I
really don't feel constrained.  

We'll get a robust RKBA back in CA far., far faster than other states' non-gun desirability rises.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:57:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather stay and fight.  

Plus,  nice weather, good six-figure jobs (and ability to get a new one quickly), great restaurants, one of the world's best

symphony orchestras just 30min away  all help mitigate relatively minor firearms drama.   An 18yr old can buy a Min14

or M1A here.  10rd mags do change out pretty quickly.

And as someone with 9 legal grandfathered AWs + 30 or so other guns, and hundreds of grandfathered hicap mags,  I

really don't feel constrained.  

We'll get a robust RKBA back in CA far., far faster than other states' non-gun desirability rises.

Bill Wiese

San Jose CA
I had no idea you could grandfather hicap magazines and AW's.

How does that work?

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:02:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Here, how about a nice picture of a NON compliant PRK "Assault Rifle" ?  

Hopefully this will make some communist dick bags in Sacramento cry (or piss their panties), and remind arfcommers stuck behind enemy lines that its high time they said FUCK YOU to the commies and bed wetters in Sac town, and just walked away.

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:16:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a question reguarding CA gun laws. I have a buddy that I have hunted with in NorCal and would like to go back down and hunt pigs with him. What do I need, or not have...to bring an AR in state as a non-resident?
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:17:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I have a question reguarding CA gun laws. I have a buddy that I have hunted with in NorCal and would like to go back down and hunt pigs with him. What do I need, or not have...to bring an AR in state as a non-resident?

Did you READ THE FLOWCHART?

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:28:46 AM EDT
[#39]
!
!
!
v
Move
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:32:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually burst out laughing when I read that.

God I'm sick of fucking idiots saying that retarded bullshit ... it's not that easy to just leave your 70k/year job, FIOS internet, career prospects, friends and family, pack it all up and move to some shack in rural Montana, where you can sit unemployed just for the sake of being able to double fist SBR AR's with bayonet lugs and beta mags.

But at least you're "free" huh? I'll take living in a shitty state while I save up enough money to move PROPERLY over moving RIGHT THIS FUCKING SECOND and then sitting unemployed like half the sorry losers on this forum who complain how they can't find a job.

"Why don't you move to a free state?"

Why don't you get a fucking clue?
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would if I could!!! Kinda small on my laptop, but thanks for you well thought out input.

EDIT: Just another reason why peop..........nvm.......you already know
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:39:48 AM EDT
[#42]
People are buying Bushmaster ACRs and FN SCARs in CA now - thanks to bweise & the Calguns.net folks
Yes, I wish I could afford one or both  

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:42:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

According to the flow chart, a 10 round magazine and a bullet button to keep it legally "fixed." Oh, of course, and no barrel less than 16".
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:47:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the flow chart, a 10 round magazine and a bullet button to keep it legally "fixed." Oh, of course, and no barrel less than 16".

Thank you. I have one of the Rem R-15's that I guess should qual except for the bullet button. I 'll do some looking to see about getting one if I decide to use an ar for hunting down there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:51:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I would if I could!!! Kinda small on my laptop, but thanks for you well thought out input.

Did you see that he included a link to a LARGER  picture?

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:55:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, which is even small because it puts the whole page in the corner for me which I cannot schroll on.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 2:00:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, which is even small because it puts the whole page in the corner for me which I cannot schroll on.

Dang dude, how small is your laptop?

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#48]
The one next to my recliner is less than 6 diagonal across.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#49]
In before the sandy california manginas

eta
okay nvm
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 2:20:32 AM EDT
[#50]
I thought bash California day was thursday  ?    
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top