Has anyone seen this?

Also, here is a video of one:http://videosift.com/video/TASER-Shockwave

Link Posted: 6/27/2010 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
yes....isn't it sweet...
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah it's been out awhile.

I didn't think it was practical. I've NEVER seen it used, and I don't know where you'd really be clear to use it effectively and safely. its a 1 shot deal.

Any video of it being used in a real scenario?
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know how I missed it, but I just heard about it, and thought it was cool. It might be fun to vehicle mount, or mount it on barricades for riots. I bet it would be a lot of fun at the G20.
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone has never heard of CS gas or pepperball grenades.
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#5]
what's that for, like a whole CROWD?

'03
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
At first thought, I thought EPIC WIN.  

But it's still a one-shot per device deal.   The second wave will move right through and bust those things to bits and the first wave will recover in about a minute or less and be angrier than hell.

Sorry,  you can't call it much of an area denial device when the results wear off in a minute and you don't have a follow-up shot.

I'd call this an inconvenience that would just serve to make an angry mob even angrier.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/27/2010 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But it's still a one-shot per device deal.   The second wave will move right through and bust those things to bits and the first wave will recover in about a minute or less and be angrier than hell.

Sorry,  you can't call it much of an area denial device when the results wear off in a minute and you don't have a follow-up shot.

I'd call this an inconvenience that would just serve to make an angry mob even angrier.

CJ

Might as well use a real claymore mine and call it a day.
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

Might as well use a real claymore mine and call it a day.

I cant think of one practical reason to use that where it would be the best choice possible...
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I have seen it in action.  You must catch one positive and one negative wire for it to work.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#10]
A couple guys I work with took multiple hits when they were designing this thing. Total of three cartridges (six probes)  hitting them at the same time. They all had back problems for a couple months after from locking up so fast and so tight. Not sure how well you would be able to fight after something like that. The XREP knocked me out for a little while for sure.
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The stingmore mine is even cooler.
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]
lame
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Neat but not really practical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top