Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2010 6:38:10 PM EDT

I am curious.  My physician has about 30 different magazine subscriptions.  Everything from Newsweek to Boating to the Economist etc. etc.  

Do they get these for free or are they get them for a discount or free?  

If so, how do I get these magazines for free, discount for my office?
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
they receive greasy used magazine subscriptions

thats my inner Howard Hughes speaking
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
No, but the cost is a business expense.  Also, the rates they get are really low.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
When they charge $100 a bandaid, they have money to buy magazines.  Plus they get to read them first, then put them in the waiting room and write it off as a business expense.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When they charge $100 a bandaid, they have money to buy magazines.  Plus they get to read them first, then put them in the waiting room and write it off as a business expense.

Sorry if you misunderstood...............I said doctors office not HOSPITAL.  

As a side note my wife's gyno now does not accept medicare!   Change you can believe in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Our office had some magazine subscription service that kept all these current. I'll bet we spent $50-75/mo on magazines, as an ongoing business expense. But as was noted, it covered a large quantity and range of magazines. My partner always brought in his American Rifleman and left it out on the table.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#6]
yes, and no.

I have subscriptions through EBSCO for several mags, and several others are on a complimentary basis from the publishers.

Usually once you order a bunch, others just seem to arrive, and then they send you a renewal at the end of the year. Sometimes I add them to the list of ones that I will pay for, others I ignore.

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#7]
In the case of "American Rifleman", I hand-deliver them (slightly used).

My barber gets the same deal.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Dunno about them all, but mine doesnt.  Same old 1997 NatGeo mags.

My old barbers said they got free mag subscriptions all the time. They just show up in the mail with complementary in the addressee name section.  They got all kinds of stuff usually.  Said they even got Playboy and stuff they couldn't/wouldn't put out lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top