[#2]
Quoted:
Expect to get a blank firing adapter.

Awesome!
Link Posted: 3/28/2011 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

invest in  a few bags of FROZEN peas.

Fixed it for you. Buy as much as you have room for, and hope you don't need them.

Peas are good for you, and they keep well.

It REALLY varies a LOT from person to person.

DON'T have it done at a clinic attached to a teaching hospital. (For a medical school, or that has staff training from a nearby medical school)

You'll wind up with some 3rd year medical student doing it, while YOUR doctor is 'allegedly supervising'.

I'm not kidding. I worked with a 3rd year medical student; I can remember when he did it the first time: he had NO IDEA what to look for, much less how to do it quickly with the minimum of....collateral damage.

Good luck!

Frozen peas! And some ibuprofen for the inflammation, too.

Link Posted: 3/28/2011 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Stick and burn when they numb the scrotum.  Lots of pullling and tugging with no pleasure involved.  Mine took a week before I could function somewhat normally.  If I excercised a lot at one time I could still feel some pain.  

Took me well in excess of 50 loads blown to be free of sperm.  The average is 20.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had it done about a year ago. 15 minutes and I was on my way home. First day pretty uncomfortable but not bad if I did not move around to much, day 2-3 pretty much back to normal. If you wear boxers I would recommend picking up some tighty whiteys, you will need the support for a few days.

I wore boxers after mine because I hate briefs. I should have bought a few pair. The anesthetic was the most intense pain I've ever felt, but it was over instantly. I stained my hardwood floors on day 3 and wound up with swollen, bruised nuts. Take a week off from any strenuous activity. Also, the first orgasm was weird, but not painful.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Do not take pain killers (NSAIDS) before the operation- they should warn you about this if they have not already done so.  

The operation is no big deal.  For me the worst part by far was (ironically)  the injection of the pain medication.  I was offered a valium before hand but I didn't take them up on the offer.

I drove myself to the operation and then home.  Don't take the car with the standard transmission.

Swelling is the enemy and that means a lot of bags of frozen peas.  Keep them rotating in and out of the freezer.  I had the operation done on a Friday and was back to work on Monday.  No big deal.  Have some DVDs of your favorite TV series or movies ready to go.

Remember:
You are never more of a man than when you see smoke wafting off of your balls.

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Blanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine was easy took couple days off and kept it frozen with ice to keep swelling down. My wife thought the brown paper bag for the sample on a follow up visit was funny. She shut up when I told her the Dr. said it was OK if the sample had saliva in it!
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Aside from you know, having my sack opened and tubes soldered and all that. Recovery wise––I'm taking 10 days off. I've heard horror stories involving swelling, bruising and other not-nice shit. Any tips from those that have done it? Things to avoid (Stairs, lifting etc...) My doctor said he's had guys lay low for the 1st couple days and be jogging and riding a bike within the week. I'm a cop, so I'm concerned with getting in and out of the car quickly numerous times, chasing folks, jumping fences and that stuff. Thanks in advance.

BURNING AGONY

WRETCHED SUFFERINGS UNIMAGINABLE

INTIMACY WITH A BAG OF FROZEN PEAS

Actually, if done right you will spend a day or two taking it easy on the sofa, with a bag of frozen peas, then after that you should be fine. You may experience a little bruising or swelling, and some weird twitches down yonder... that's just all your bits sorting themselves out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Remember:

This should be on a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember:

I don't remember the burning of the tubes...but the dr. did show me the titainium clips he used to seal the ends...
I really remember the feeling of two dudes shaving me, then, tugging on my junk...

Link Posted: 4/1/2011 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember:

I don't remember the burning of the tubes...but the dr. did show me the titainium clips he used to seal the ends...
I really remember the feeling of two dudes shaving me, then, tugging on my junk...

Hopefully there was no eye-contact...Tuesday's the day...
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#13]
One thing to remember while the doctor is doing his thing...don't tell jokes.

I found out while chatting with the doctor during the procedure that he was an Air Force Academy graduate that originally wanted to be a pilot but was turned down because of his poor eyesight.  I said "oh wonderful, how many balls am I holding up?"  

He started laughing so hard he had to stop for a minute.  Then he told me to stop with the jokes while he had a scalpel so close to my testicles.  One warning was enough for me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I found out while chatting with the doctor during the procedure that he was an Air Force Academy graduate that originally wanted to be a pilot but was turned down because of his poor eyesight.  I said "oh wonderful, how many balls am I holding up?"  

He started laughing so hard he had to stop for a minute.  Then he told me to stop with the jokes while he had a scalpel so close to my testicles.  One warning was enough for me.

Close call!  

You're lucky you still have bigger balls than I do!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
PAIN.
When they tug that cord to make the cut, expect pain that runs from your testicles all the way to your eyeballs.

The only pain is when the Doc injects the local. After that you won't feel anything.

Not true for me. It was only on one side tho.  It was like Milo5 said.  Felt like it was attached to my optic nerve  

To the OP: Support is a must.  I concur with the bags of peas.  They are your friends.  Afterwards when you get shower, it feels like you have bowling balls hanging from your nuts.  I work a pretty physical job but I was off for three days then back to work.  I got help when I had to lift anything heavy but I was ok otherwise,  In your case, the 10 days would be wise given your profession.  Having to get into a fight/wrestling match a few days after would suck majorly.

The end result, however, is totally worth the proceedure.  I do it again without batting an eye if I had to.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#16]

So when giving samples later, do you always need to make love to a cup or can your wife give you a BJ and spit into a cup  
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
DO NOT SHAVE.  (I work in a OR) razors leave small nicks in the skin that can get infected.  We (the OR) are not allowed to use razors. If needed, clippers will be used just prior to surgery. Let them do it, they know exactly how much to take off. Ask them about it though,

I had a vasectomy and the Doc told me to shave. I know at least 20 other guys that had them and they were all told to shave.

I was told to shave before and the Mrs. didnt do a great job...They did it there again when I showed uo...Just let them to it, but make sure you have a chubby to make things intresting...
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Mine involved a post-operative trip to the ER and a morphine drip.....  Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That is hilarious! Reminds me of the buddy of mine in the hospital for a collapsed lung. We go to visit him, and we're telling jokes, and the guy is just in pure agony trying not to laugh with the chest tube sticking in him. He asked us to leave him alone until he was out.

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is hilarious! Reminds me of the buddy of mine in the hospital for a collapsed lung. We go to visit him, and we're telling jokes, and the guy is just in pure agony trying not to laugh with the chest tube sticking in him. He asked us to leave him alone until he was out.

My doc had a sneezing fit in the middle of mine!
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I would request a general anesthetic.  I mean I'd have to out to let some one cut on my junk. [shudder]

Good luck, OP.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My doc had a sneezing fit in the middle of mine!
I'd have a hard laying still during that...

Link Posted: 4/3/2011 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would request a general anesthetic.  I mean I'd have to out to let some one cut on my junk. [shudder]

Good luck, OP.

+1 on that
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#24]
You're gonna need an ice bag.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I have two sets of balls that will never intentionally ( unless medically necessary) be cut with a knife.
One starts with "Eye" and the other set is , well just "Balls"
I do wish you good luck. I hope you have thought it through because it is not always reversible.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Dude I'm with you. I'm getting one at the end of the month and I am also taking 10 days off...
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Pray Nurse Goodbody isn't hot.    

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Pray Nurse Goodbody isn't hot.    

vmax84
I worked at the hospital where I had mine done.  I knew Joy (the female tech that assisted) both before and after the procedure.  Thank God she was old, ugly and married...

Link Posted: 4/3/2011 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Here I am, sitting on a bag of peas, with a rum and Coke. Procedure @ 3:30 Friday; planning to go to work tomorrow but sit a bit more than usual.   Doc gave me a shot of Valium beforehand which made things go a little fuzzy, like a nice buzz.  Over before I knew it.  Funny thing is I had long suspected the doc was a shooter.  I ended up asking him and running off at the mouth during the procedure, talking about our shared interest in P7m8s and Dillon 550s.  Pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Mine was a  horror story! The operation itself is no biggie, dont worry about that.

My shit was black and  blue for a few weeks, even that  was no big deal.

The big deal was the night i was working and my stitches came out. Something felt weird so i went to the  rest room to examine things and found an incision along  the seam that i could open and look into (had i wanted  to) I didnt of course!
I grabbed some a duct tape (no butterfly bandages in first aid box at work) applied the strip and walked very carefully till i got home.

I meet the Dr the next day and expressed my displeasure with his sewing skills! He was and old Fart that has now retired (mal practice perhaps? )

Had to make you fell warm and good about your decision to have this done.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 2:32:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 3:17:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Getting mine snipped in 7 hours, actually.

I go back to work at the oil refinery about 48 hours after that.  Man, I hope I'm recovered enough by then, because a refinery isn't a damn candy factory.

Vicodin, or something like it...  Hopefully they give me a two-day prescription after the procedure.  I've already four bags of frozen peas in the freezer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 3:27:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Never had it done but when I asked a close friend how it was he told me to remember the last time someone racked ya in the nuts in high school.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 3:48:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Schedule it for Friday afternoon, take the weekend off and you should be fine.  Getting neutered is no big deal.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Aside from you know, having my sack opened and tubes soldered and all that. Recovery wise––I'm taking 10 days off. I've heard horror stories involving swelling, bruising and other not-nice shit. Any tips from those that have done it? Things to avoid (Stairs, lifting etc...) My doctor said he's had guys lay low for the 1st couple days and be jogging and riding a bike within the week. I'm a cop, so I'm concerned with getting in and out of the car quickly numerous times, chasing folks, jumping fences and that stuff. Thanks in advance.

10 days?! This is outpatient stuff - spend day relaxing, no sex for a week but if you're not up and about the next day you're milking it.

Piece of cake - and it had fantastic effect on duration of the deed. Wife likes that part best.

Link Posted: 4/4/2011 4:31:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I took 5 days of total loafing and watching my sack turn black and blue with great interest. I fought the cabin fever knowing the alternative.

First guy I arrested when I went back on duty didn't think it looked too bad when I showed him.

I've said too much.

ETA: Seriously, though, mine was completed with only one incision, and one stitch after.

I really did laugh out loud.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#38]
The worst part is the numbing shots, at least for me.  Expect one side to hurt much more than the other, not sure why that is.  Most importantly is to make sure you leave the Dr. with an antibiotic prescription in hand.
I did not and developed an infection that tripled the size of my balls.  Felt like you had been kicked in the nuts 24 hrs a day.  

When I went back,  the doctor asked "Didn't you take your antibiotics?". I replied "You never prescribed me any".  He nearly tore his doctors coat off pulling out the prescription pad.
It cleared up three days after taking the antibiotics.

Main thing to remember is an infection in your balls is much more painful than the procedure.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#39]
9 hours to go..let's do this!!  Let's go big! Wait, what?

Link Posted: 4/4/2011 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I actually performed one on my buddy (Dr. supervised). The incision is small, but the amount of swelling will surprise you if you have a similar response. Kind of surprising considering how easy it was. I can't remember how long he was out of commission, but he was certainly NOT up and about the next day performing normal work duties.

You know, I have some pretty good friends.........but I can't say I have any friends where I could say, "hey xxxxx, do you think you could come over and carve up my junk?".
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#41]
In the waiting room..took a Valium. A Halcion, and a shot of Patron on the way in..one thing I learned..when shaving your sack, avoid using shaving cream with 'cooling conditioners'..felt like my balls were slathered in mint toothpaste..
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
i can't wait until i get one of these jobs done. i want nothing to do with offspring.

You don't want anyone to carry on your name?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#43]
I feel your pain. I am also having mine done pretty soon. The 19th of the month to be exact.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#44]
When my brother had it done, he limped out of the office , got into the truck which his wife was driving,
proceeded to pull an ice pak out of the first aid kit, crush it and shoved it down his pants.

Sadly, the bag leaked those "ice bag" chemicals (ammonia + ??) all over his incision.  He wailed like
a school girl all the way home till he hopped in the shower. It got infected and they had to reopen the
incision and "sterilize it" as they called it.  He curses wildly to this day when he talks about it.
Dont let it get infected.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Best advice I ever heard was to get a sack of frozen peas and apply to the area while you kick back and watch TV.

+1 but get several bags, so you can refreeze and rotate them.  Frozen peas > Tylenol III
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#46]
All done..on a scale of 1-10...10 being jerking off with sandpaper..I'd put  this ay about a 6.  The numbing injection was uncomfortable but not painful.  Other than that I felt pressure (not pain) as he pulled the vas out (both sides) cut out about a 1/4" section from each, tied them off and cauterized both ends. Start to finish––40 minutes. Nobody else in the room, just me and doc.

Had a Valium, a Halcyon,  and a shot of Patron 20 minutes before going in.  My wife's a physical therapist..made me icepacks from water mixed with rubbing alcohol, so they just get slushy..so far so good. Oh, and I'll post pics of the vas pieces he cut out..you know––for fun..Thanks for all the support.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

WTF, 10 days, My wife only took a week off when she had a kid, LOL.

got mine done on a friday, played 18holes of golf on sunday and back to work on monday. Takes some frozen peas or corn with you for your sack on the ride home. It is far less of an ordel than people make out it to be. Mine took about 15 minutes from "drop your drawers" to "Have a nice day." and was only uncomfortable for about 11secs. No real pain by my definition.

Tylenol took care of the discomfort the next couple of days.

Make sure you go back in a month and jerk off in a cup just to make sure.

I'm a cop too, just wear your loosest fitting uniform pants not the nut huggers that some guys wear, LOL

J-

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In the waiting room..took a Valium. A Halcion, and a shot of Patron on the way in..one thing I learned..when shaving your sack, avoid using shaving cream with 'cooling conditioners'..felt like my balls were slathered in mint toothpaste..

Did the doctor like the taste?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Bottom things are 1/4" sections of my vas...

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Save em' in a jar of formaldehyde.

Should you need to trade in the wife unit for an upgraded model, this will simplify the 'test driving" process.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top