Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2011 6:28:08 AM EDT
on first impression, thought it said "Slut Life"? Every time I see one of these, that's how my juvenile mind reads it.

Just a random observation on a day off.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I did the same thing!
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Never thought that. That brand has done well it used to be super small and it's taken off in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

on first impression, thought it said "Slut Life"? Every time I see one of these, that's how my juvenile mind reads it.

Same here and its a STUPID fad. Especially on cars nowhere near the ocean.
Every other car has one down here. It used to eb the Calcutta Bait crap, now its Slut Life.

Trend Whores

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here and its a STUPID fad.

Every other car has one down here.

I think you made a thread about it six months ago.

I still make it read Slut Life in my mind, because it's funnier that way.

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Whoever came up with it is brillant. I mean it like the dumbest saying/phrase whatever but man people eat it up.  In fl I can't drive 5 minutes without seeing on something. But that's cool something so simple can take off...

Reminds me of my dads old Bad Boys sticker he had.lol

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I see the stickers round here.
I giggle.
salt life? yeah I think you've been here for like a whoppin 4 years and your really "salt lifein it"?
give me a break your a idiot in my world mr salt life
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:40:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here and its a STUPID fad.

Every other car has one down here.

I think you made a thread about it six months ago.

I still make it read Slut Life in my mind, because it's funnier that way.

I think this is my first thread on this topic.  Unless I was liquored up, then all bets are off.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#8]
the fuck does salt life mean?

eta: Google to the rescue!  so kinda like ron jon surf shop type fad?
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the fuck does salt life mean?

eta: Google to the rescue!  so kinda like ron jon surf shop type fad?

It's read "slut life", and it means they like to lick schlongs.

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I did
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I've never heard of it. Maybe it's a regional thing because I live on a friggin island and if it's fishing/beachy related,it's usually all over?

Of course,just because I said it I guarantee I'll see a minivan with New Jersey plates sporting OBX,ACK and MVY stickers along with one of those at some point today.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I giggle.
salt life? yeah I think you've been here for like a whoppin 4 years and your really "salt lifein it"?

I was going to say almost the exact same thing. Guys around here think they are full fledged Watermen since they go fishing a couple weekends out of the month or go lay on the beach with their fat ass wives. Just about the only thing more stupid is the soccer mommies with their flip flop stickers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Everytime I see one, in fact I thoguht about starting a thread on the very same thing a couple of days ago.

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I see this sticker on a truck in my town...

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#15]
It is all over the place in the Tampa area.
Also see Mud Life, assault life...

I like Get A Life...
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#16]
A guy I worked with here in Houston said his friend started the company and he put the sticker on his truck to help him out. I think he's full of shit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I see this sticker on a truck in my town...

http://assaultlifeinc.com/eBay/AR_15_pMAG.jpg  

Win.

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Salt Life decals are the Gulf Coast's truck nuts.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I thought they all said slut life and wondering wtf is it and what does it mean... So, it says salt life? Ok, wtf is is and what does it mean?
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I've got a......ummm.......bolt face logo sticker on my truck....does that make me a trend whore?
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Salt Life decals are the Gulf Coast's truck nuts.

Ain't that the truth.  I hate those stupid things.

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Yes!!!! I thought I was the only one that saw that!!!

It's also one of teh stupidist stickers and slogans I've ever seen! What in the fuck does "salt" live mean anyway?!?!? I mean, I know what it means, it means coastal life, or beach life, both of which sound better than salt life. Do people come here because the ocean is salty?!?  No, the salt has nothing to do with anything!!!

Idiots.  Fuck!

I should start a rant thread.

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a friend that always tries to convince me that "Salt Life" is a biblical reference.  Like "salt of the earth" I guess.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I giggle.

Awesome.

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Lol, everytime I see it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I also see, Swamp Life (a gaytors reference), Assault Life, Creek life,Mud Life, it's something new everyday. Luckily, the main brand, salt life, is becoming a term for morons.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Space coast thang.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It is all over the place in the Tampa area.

Also see Mud Life, assault life...

I like Get A Life...

I just saw it for the first time today. Coincidence that this thread was posted tonight.

I looked at it and thought to myself... "Is that a redneck parody of 'Thug Life' or something?"
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I see them daily here and they are as annoying and douchebagy as those  ICP decals...

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I see them all the time here in Florida and it always makes me shake my head in disappointment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#33]
A guy who goes to the Ybor City campus of Hillsborough Community College has one on his truck and I never asked where he got it. I want one, anyone know where I can get one?

Im referring to the "Assault Life" sticker lol
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I also see, Swamp Life (a gaytors reference), Assault Life, Creek life,Mud Life, it's something new everyday. Luckily, the main brand, salt life, is becoming a term for morons.

there's a joke in here somewhere, I think...

Link Posted: 8/27/2011 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I saw about 20 of them today in FL. I figured it was a fishing thing but YES, I always looked at it as "slut life"... funny I thought it was just me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A guy I worked with here in Houston said his friend started the company and he put the sticker on his truck to help him out. I think he's full of shit.

Quoted:
I giggle.

They started in Jax Beach over a decade ago by younger family members of the guys who own C&H lures.  10 years isn’t too much of a fad in my mind.  I wouldn’t buy their stuff, but God bless them if they can get kids to fork over the dough.
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#37]
They're all over Tampa now...I've even seen people walking around with Salt Life t-shirts.  Even the "Assault Life" truck stickers are starting to get obnoxiously old.

Part of why I don't put anything on my truck.  If it says something meaningful about myself, I probably don't want every random idiot on the road to instantly have access to that knowledge.  If it doesn't say anything meaningful, then why would I waste money displaying it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#38]
i dunno but on their website there are some Salt Life Honey's
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Every time I see one, I look for other stickers that will help determine which of the 2 types of people that have them.

1)  Fucking Yankees

or

2)  Teenage Girls

Link Posted: 8/27/2011 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#41]
ARFCOM never stops amazing me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It reminds of the "No Fear" brand back in the day.

I always wanted a "Scared Shitless" sticker...
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Yup every time and there are a couple in the parking lot at work, both jeeps, both driven by women.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
ARFCOM never stops amazing me.

That belongs on a bumper sticker!

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Every time I see one, I look for other stickers that will help determine which of the 2 types of people that have them.

1)  Fucking Yankees

or

2)  Teenage Girls

No self respecting Yankee would put that shit on their car,from what I see it's mostly white boot rednecks that have it on there cars.
When ever I see the sticker on a car all I think is LOWLIFE.

DISCLAIMER******* Southerners do  not = rednecks,rednecks are there own special brand and can come from anywhere !(Example,I just moved to a nice trailer park and got the trailer for 2 thousand dollars,it's real nice ,has a roof and everything )
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Went to get a jpg of their bumperstick and found this instead.

http://www.saltlife.com/wallpapers/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top