Quoted:
You'll shoot your knee out.

Only if your name is Tex Grebner.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Math.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Hell it's in dark earth so half of arfcom will be all over it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Makes we want to call mom.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm tellin!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably the same quality as the real thing too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of them actually have

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Some elements of Special Forces do, from time to time, make the mistake of using retarded equipment. An item being used by Special Forces only indicates it is worth investigating to me.

That being said, there are far worse holsters than the Serpa. And I don't have one (Safarilands, Blade Tech and leather Bianchi for me), so I'm not biased towards it.

If you shoot yourself with a Serpa, you were going to shoot yourself eventually no matter what.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Not only SF, but Delta also used Serpas for a while.

I've never owned one, but people that go to the range more than once a month have found them useful.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll shoot your knee out.

Only if your name is Tex Grebner.

I have no idea how that guy did that. I put about 2000 draws on one and never shot myself or came even close to shooting myself. I did end up switching over to the Fobus Evolution though.

I got moved up to master class at my local club and one bad draw means you lose the match at that level. In my mad rush to win I missed the button on the serpa 2-3 times and it cost me the match I think my time for the evening was 42.03 and that guy that beat me was at 44.43. If I hadn't missed the button those few times I would have won that is when i moved away from that holster.
Overall though for the average carrier and especially the motorcycle rider i think its a great holster.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Time to beat the shit out of a dead horse!

The serpa has been used by many military and law enforcement professionals with great success. However, after thousands and thousands of classes of students, many instructors found that the serpa can cause problems. For this reason, many instructors have sent out warning letters/emails.

I have personally witnessed someone unable to draw their pistol from a serpa because dirt jammed up the mechanism.

ETA: Almost forgot. In an email I received from a well regarded instructor, he stated that in classes he witnessed students' serpas actually tearing from the belt loops. Fragile plastic or something.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I have a Serpa somewhere, no, I must have because I don't recall getting rid of it.

Trust myself not to perforate my femoral artery with it? Sure.

Believe it's a quality holster, not exactly.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Pat Rogers says they suck so they must. Being the self appointed gun guru and all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:17:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Some elements of Special Forces do, from time to time, make the mistake of using retarded equipment. An item being used by Special Forces only indicates it is worth investigating to me.

That being said, there are far worse holsters than the Serpa. And I don't have one (Safarilands, Blade Tech and leather Bianchi for me), so I'm not biased towards it.

If you shoot yourself with a Serpa, you were going to shoot yourself eventually no matter what.

Holy fuck man, that is spot on. lol.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#16]
If I was 6 years old, that would be an awesome Christmas present.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#17]
If you take holster advice from ARFCOM GD then you deserve a serpa.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/dXVtn.jpg

I'm no expert but all that gear looks brand fucking new, for someone in country and SF.  And why the giant flas suppressor?   Is that for a quick detach suppressor?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/dXVtn.jpg

I'm no expert but all that gear looks brand fucking new, for someone in country and SF.  And why the giant flas suppressor?   Is that for a quick detach suppressor?

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:06:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I love my SERPA but I'm loooking for a replacement because it's hard to conceal.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:11:08 AM EDT
[#21]

I miss the good old days when I would have been absolutely thrilled to have something like that to play with.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:43:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I love my SERPA but I'm loooking for a replacement because it's hard to conceal.

Don't LOVE mine, but never had any issues with it.  Though, I haven't worn it in years.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 3:16:07 AM EDT
[#23]
For what it's worth I do see a number of Sherpas in use when I go out near Bragg to shoot with the SOF guys.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 3:20:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For what it's worth I do see a number of Sherpas in use when I go out near Bragg to shoot with the SOF guys.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I have and use several Serpa holsters (all I can find local), including one for IDPA.  I've had the one for my 1911 the longest, probably going on like 5 or 6 years now, and the only issue I've had was what an above poster noted, I fell on the bastard and slid about 30 feet down a hill with about 50 pounds of gear in a three day assault pack on my back.  When I stood up and re-situated/bitched and cursed I noticed that the button was jammed, I had to sit down, take it off and dig out some mud/gunk before I could draw the pistol.  

No problem for me that day, a minor annoyance, but I've decided to start looking into another holster like Bladetech because of it.  God forbid I was running for my life when that happened I would be dead because of some mud and grit.  Not much fear of that sort of thing during an IDPA match but the button does get "tight" some times which puts a slight hitch in my draw that I don't like.  Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order a holster online (I like to feel how they function and carry before I buy).

Also, I've never felt like or been worried about shooting myself while drawing from it.  Maybe it was because of my father's constant drilling me about gun safety when I was young but my booger hook stays on the frame on all pistols until the muzzle clears my body, regardless of whether the holster has retention or not, but the button tends to leave my finger in the perfect position on every pistol I have one for to not put my finger directly on the trigger.

I think all mine are level 3 but it's been so long since I've bought them I'm not 100% on that, FWIW.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:01:24 AM EDT
[#26]
So did you buy it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:07:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pat Rogers says they suck so they must. Being the self appointed gun guru and all.

and in this case mister annoying voice is right. a decent kydex holster is alot better than a Serpa.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sez Special Force right on the box

http://i44.tinypic.com/k177ev.jpg

Want!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:06:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Why is it so hard for internet commandos to understand that SOF use gear that THEY LIKE and works FOR THEM.  This will result in a variety of gear being used.  They have spend more time in any given week shooting than many (non-mil/LEO) people on this board have so far in their life.  SOCOM probably spends more R&E money on gear in a week than this entire board combined has in the last year.

They use Eotechs, Aimpoints and hell, even ACOGs from time to time ...  They use SERPAs, drop legs, cross chest style, etc.  Because they are required to be more proficient than the average military folks, they get a lot more leeway on what they are allowed to use.  And sorry to burst your bubble, but at the end of the day, they are humans.  Humans I am very glad are on our side, but humans nonetheless.  And therefore, they make mistakes, including gear selection.  

The big difference is, instead of sitting around ankle biting, they openly discuss operational strengths and weaknesses and move on.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:08:53 AM EDT
[#30]

wait...

i thought glock only made plastic guns?

can you put the pin back in those nades?

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:40:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Yo, G-19, where did you see that? My son would love it!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

This is what I'm wondering too, my son wants one!!

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wal-Mart

aside from the ghey neon Beretta the rest of the gear in it looked pretty good

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wal-Mart
aside from the ghey neon Beretta the rest of the gear in it looked pretty good

I'm severely tempted to buy the $3 red and yellow Beretta suction cup dart gun at work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top