Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2012 7:01:34 AM EDT
"OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety"
For anyone who took this course on-line ...
What company did you use ?
Would you recommend taking the course from them ?
Any other advice? Other study guides ?
Thanks

Stay safe
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Click Safety

Don't bother rushing through it.  If you complete the course in under 30 hours, you will have to do extra time/lessons until you fulfil the time requirement.  Although a little extra knowledge never hurt anyone.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#2]
30 hour course = 30 hours of instruction. there is no final test or quizs. your union training center should offer that course free of charge.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
30 hour course = 30 hours of instruction. there is no final test or quizs. your union training center should offer that course free of charge.

Here we go...

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]
"Click Safety"s  30 hour Construction course is ... according to them ... Coming soon/under OSHA review.
I don't actually mind a 30-hour course. On-line is the only way I can do it right now. (on the road) and
my IBEW local  only offers one module a month for the classroom. That would take several months in a class.
Anyone else ?

Stay safe
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Does BLR offer anything?
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I just completed this one: http://www.oshacampusonline.com/

It was ok. It seems like any of them are going to be pretty painful.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Interdasting that clicksafety's is under review.  I wonder if OSHA is auditing them to become one of the "authorized" vendors they mention on their website.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I took a OSHA 10 class online when I was a union carpenter.  It took 14 hours and sucked balls.  After I took it I found out that I could have taken it at the union hall and they gave you the instruction and final test along with all the answers.

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I took a OSHA 10 class online when I was a union carpenter.  It took 14 hours and sucked balls.  After I took it I found out that I could have taken it at the union hall and they gave you the instruction and final test along with all the answers.  

But I thought unions were just looking out fo rtheir workers, trying to avoid injuries/employee abuse.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I thought unions were just looking out fo rtheir workers, trying to avoid injuries/employee abuse.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#12]
at our training center all 20 safety training courses are free. on most big jobs osha 30 hour and first aid / cpr is mandatory.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Go through the Summit Training Source. If you call they will give you and I both a discount. It's around 260$ out the door. I took the 30 construction and the general industry. It helped my career and doubled my money. I had my cards within 3 weeks of course completion. Very  credible.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why am I trolling if I state the obvious?  OSHA courses are not about just getting the fucking card.  You actually have to LEARN THE SHIT AND PRACTICE IT TO AVOID INJURING YOURSELF OR OTHERS.  If a clown like that showed up on my job and flashed his card but didn't know jack shit, he'd be the fuck gone before his boots got dusty.  Having your buddies (union or not) give you the answers just does not cut it when you're talking about life and death decisions and/or situations.

Link Posted: 6/4/2012 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Unions should provide it. The smaller union that my family deals with provides little to no training. The Agreement requires they provide labor with first aid and CPR cards but they do not.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Unions should provide it. The smaller union that my family deals with provides little to no training. The Agreement requires they provide labor with first aid and CPR cards but they do not.

what union is this?
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Bricklayers and Allied Craftsman.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bricklayers and Allied Craftsman.

lordy you think they would better train they're tradesmen.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#19]
You would think.

The apprenticeship program is adequate but could be better too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just completed this one: http://www.oshacampusonline.com/

It was ok. It seems like any of them are going to be pretty painful.

That's the one I took.  When they say 30 hours.... they mean thirty hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top