Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, have one.

I have tried repeatedly to break it. Still working.

They make these watches for idiots like me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a GW-3500 and I love it. Great watches!
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my aw590, but getting soap scum out of the band is a PITA.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Mudman that I've been enjoying for the past few years and prior to that I had one that I got from Walmart.  Good, cheap, durable watches.  Well some of the more collectable ones aren't cheap at all.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Got a Mudman before I went to Iraq.

Best watch I've ever had, hands down. Durable construction, intuitive controls, and nice desert tan look. Even the battery life is impressive....I got it almost 4 years ago and it doesn't seemed to have slowed down a single second.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#7]
BEST WATCH EVAR
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Hilariously big - The watch that Flavor Flav would have if he decided to stop wearing wall clocks.

Has about 2 dozen more dials, knobs, twisty-rings, atomic receivers,  radioisotope thermoelectric batteries and whizzy geejaws than any serious watch needs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
What - did I pee in the G-Shock party pool or something?
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Only G-shocks worth buying our Frogman
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a MTG-900 that I LOVE...  

NOT my arm...

If i was to replace it I would get the MTG-9xx version that is black though..

Brian
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#12]
My Pathfinder has been agreat watch.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I wear out a G-Shock band once a year.  The watch head itself is indestructable.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The watch is awesome but the band is the weak part. When it goes it's an odd size and hard to find a decent replacement. This may have changed in recent years and I'm just not aware. Anybody know?

I'm about to get a nylon replacement for mine.

http://www.CountyComm.com sells them, but I'll probably look elsewhere...

Since the last time I ordered bands (3) from CountyComm, they apparently decided to send me whatever the fuck they wanted to,

NOT what I ordered, and not the right sizes to fit my fucking watches.

And they apparently didn't care to respond or make it right, so I have to assume they don't wish to keep me as a customer.

I've seen nylon bands on ebay, amazon, LAPG, and so on.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need a new watch and I like the look of the g-shock.  Anybody have one?  Are they quality built and can they take the wear and tear of an arfcommer?

Ok let me lay some back ground for you. I shoe horses for a living. This in and of it's self means most of my EDS (every day shit) get the fuck beat out of it. I would go through two Timex Expedition a year. For my birthday three years ago My GF bought me a G-Shock 1500A. This is a atomic solar analog faced with a shit ton of other features that I don't know how (or care to learn how) to use.  I can not kill this watch.. And the most bad ass part is, I NEVER HAVE TO SET IT!! Change time zones? it resets it's self. Time change? It resets it's self.  Buy one I promise you will not regret it

Though not all are Atomic/Solar.

If someone wants that feature, double check the details.

Just sayin'... I don't want anyone thinking that's standard equipment.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My favorite watch. The watch band usually give out before the watch ever dies.

My GW-500a Solar Atomic is still going strong after almost 6 years.  Best watch I have ever owned and the first watch I have ever owned I have not had to replace the band multiple times!  

When this one dies, I will get another one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I looked at G-Shocks but I despise bands.  I have to have bracelets.  I know there are G-Shocks with bracelets but I decided to try a used Pathfinder PAW2000T-7CR.  I love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-PAW2000T-7CR-Pathfinder-Multi-Function-Titanium/dp/B002OSY3WW
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm very hard on watches.  I usually kill a watch within a year.  I've had a G-shock now for 4 years and it's still going strong, and still looks half-way decent.  I'm a fan.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I looked at G-Shocks but I despise bands.  I have to have bracelets.  I know there are G-Shocks with bracelets but I decided to try a used Pathfinder PAW2000T-7CR.  I love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-PAW2000T-7CR-Pathfinder-Multi-Function-Titanium/dp/B002OSY3WW

That one will do fine for you, though as you said, there are G-shocks with bracelets as well.  I have one...  an MT-G.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I use a G-shock as my rough-duty watch, and I have two Pathfinder Titaniums (basically, G-Shocks in metal cases) that I use for daily and dressy wear.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really like this one. GW-2500BD. Metal band was a requirement, also has solar power and atomic time.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Xo4jodLIL._SL1112_.jpg

That's my exact watch!

They don't make it anymore, apparently.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That one will do fine for you, though as you said, there are G-shocks with bracelets as well.  I have one...  an MT-G.

Which one the 900?
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y46IslQkL._SY445_.jpg  Just bought this bad boy.  Thanks for the advice everybody.

I just got that one for my dad for his birthday, in lieu of the one I have (since it was discontinued).  He seems to like it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Pretty damn near indestructible.

I wear mine (Mudman) when I am doing something that might fuck up my inherited 1967 Rolex Explorer 1.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like the Pathfinder PAW5000-1. But it's not a G-shock.

The analog dial and second hand is what sells me.

I don't know if it would be as durable as a G-shock, but there is no G-shock that looks like or does quite what the PAW5000-1 will.

http://www.giltweasel.com/pics/PAW5000-1.jpg

I think if it were as durable as a G-Shock, they'd call it a G-shock. Casio really seems to make sure their G-Shocks I've up to their rep.  I have never had one fail on me.  My oldest one - bought after I broke my second Timex Ironman in 1994, still works - I just decided I wanted an analog face, solar power, atomic timekeeping, etc.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which one the 900?

Yep... posted a pic above.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Best watch I've ever had, hands down. Durable construction, intuitive controls, and nice desert tan look. Even the battery life is impressive....I got it almost 4 years ago and it doesn't seemed to have slowed down a single second.

Your battery will die in the next year - you just jinxed yourself.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What - did I pee in the G-Shock party pool or something?

No, you just made no sense.  It was the reaction like in "40 Year Old Virgin" when Steve Carrel's character describes breasts as feeling like a sand bag.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#29]
They do what they claim they do....tell time accurately and take a severe beating.
I love mine...thing just runs....no matter what.
Petty damn tough watch to kill
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#30]
This G-shock's going on 10 years or so of hard use and abuse.

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#31]
They are terribly ugly watches, but are next to impossible to destroy. I break everything I get my hands on in a few days, and the one has lasted me since basic, being worn at least 5 days a week, often more than that. Other than aesthetics, I have nothing but good things to say for mine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#32]
All this talk I decided to go ahead and order me one. I need a watch anyway.
This seems nice enough to wear with dress clothes and also my casual wear so it should be here some time next week

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I have this one. It never comes off my wrist.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a G-shock I bought back in either '07 or '08.  

Wear it often, and it's great!  I got the atomic solar, which just means it syncs up with atomic clock so it's always accurate, and it has
a solar panel that keeps the battery charged.

It doesn't take much light to keep it charged, and once it's fully charged, you could put it in a box for 5 months before the battery would
need to be charged again.

I really like it, and highly recommend them. If you want to be an asshole and overspend on some piece of shit for conspicuous consumption
purposes, then go with some overpriced rolex or something. If you want a watch that works, keeps good time, is tough and maintenance
free, get a g-shock.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Got one for my 18th birthday.  It survived 4 years in the Infantry, to include 2 of those in Panama.

It is now on it's second battery.

Did I mention I am about to turn 38?
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This seems nice enough to wear with dress clothes and also my casual wear so it should be here some time next week

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/Dapss/watch.jpg

What model is that?  Very sharp, I like it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#38]

I'm just bumping this thread because it illustrates that certain GD posters snacked on a lot of paint chips as children
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Do you guys ever wear one to the gym?

Yup. I've worn it EVERYWHERE.  No complaints.  I just need to get the band replaced.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The watch is awesome but the band is the weak part. When it goes it's an odd size and hard to find a decent replacement. This may have changed in recent years and I'm just not aware. Anybody know?

This is why I got a Pathfinder with a metal band for my current watch.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Love them. Have a G-2310 solar which is 11yrs old & is still going strong. Original band & all. I wear this to work everyday & I work outside. It's been in water, snow, mud,etc.
Just got a GA-110 a few months ago.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Some of the newer G-shocks are quite large, but only in response to the current trend in large watches.  They have never been really any larger or smaller than other comparable watches on the market.  I'm really not understanding your obsession.  They do make a "Lady-G" line if your wrist is too skinny.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

YES

i love my mudman. that thing is awesome. some reviews claim that the buttons are too hard to push, but that just means my clumsy ass isn't accidentally pushing them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 6:04:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/Dapss/watch.jpg

What model is that?  Very sharp, I like it.

Model # AWGM100B-1ACR

+1 on this one.

I have the AWG101-1A which is similar but with steel gray bezel and "red" hour hand for visibility. Get compliments on it all the time.

The only gripe some mention is that the backlight doesnt cover the digital portion as well as other models. No biggie for me.

Great watch for those that want a rugged/classy alternative that is "not bulky" and not out of place while wearing the suit. Keep in mind "Solar" means that it recharges but the internal battery has a 10-year lifespan. There's a Youtube on it and battery price is only a couple bucks online.

Figure for $10 in replacement batteries this puppy turns into a lifetime watch.

Link Posted: 7/21/2012 6:18:13 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm just bumping this thread because it illustrates that certain GD posters snacked on a lot of paint chips as children

G-shocks range in case size from REALLY BIG and thick to rather small, almost mid-size.

Link Posted: 7/21/2012 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#46]
I've had an MTG 900 for several years and love it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#47]
I wear an Atomic Solar G-Shock.  Love. It.  Best watch I've ever had.

Sets itself, pretty much never needs a battery, and it currently gets beat to hell in my job.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really like this one. GW-2500BD. Metal band was a requirement, also has solar power and atomic time.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Xo4jodLIL._SL1112_.jpg

That's my exact watch!

They don't make it anymore, apparently.

Nope. I gave mine to my dad and I really miss that watch. The GW-3500 is the replacement, but it's bigger. the 2500 is probably the best looking G-Shock I've ever seen (with the DLC metal).
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#49]
My only complaint is that mine will not charge beyond the middle level. It used to, but now it won't.

Battery is getting old, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Check your local Khol's department stores for sales this weekend. Our local store had the standard models on sale for $30.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top