Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:48:26 AM EDT
A friend of mine took these pictures of a bobcat on his ranch.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool indeed.  That's a nice looking cat.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Not often you can find one so candid. Great pics!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a damn cute little animal! Shame people kill'em!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]
You should sneak up on it and go pet it while it's sleeping
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

they are cute until they jump in the canoe with you paddling down the creek.  Poop tends to fly and people try to walk on water...  ASK me how i know.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

in before the people who say you shouldve shot him
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#8]
kick ass pictures.

I'd let him mate with my girl kitteh.

would be sweet offspring.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they are cute until they jump in the canoe with you paddling down the creek.  Poop tends to fly and people try to walk on water...  ASK me how i know.

Jeez. You can't leave us hanging. What's the story?

They are cool critters. Never spotted one in the wild.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Way cool!    I'm one that hunts them, but I certainly appreciate their beauty.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

*sigh*
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Great pics.  Bobcats are a bunch of hurt in a small cuddly looking package.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

a house cat would have the same effect
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

YAAAARRRR  Pierate babcat iz boarding ur kanoe, matey!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#15]
fuck them all.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Those are great pictures.  I'd love to see one that candid around here.  All I get are damned coyotes and hogs.

Quoted:

This.

I can testify that getting drunk and trying to catch one in a burlap sack is a bad idea.  VERY, very bad idea.  Those bastards can get downright grumpy. I've met OSHA inspectors with a better sense of humor.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#18]
He looks cute and cuddly.  I want one.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice kitty.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Those are great pictures.  I'd love to see one that candid around here.  All I get are damned coyotes and hogs.

Quoted:

This.

I can testify that getting drunk and trying to catch one in a burlap sack is a bad idea.  VERY, very bad idea.  Those bastards can get downright grumpy. I've met OSHA inspectors with a better sense of humor.

I'm sure you would also get grumpy if some drunk asshole was trying to put a bag over your head.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Beautiful.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#22]
cool pics
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

I'm sure you would also get grumpy if some drunk asshole was trying to put a bag over your head.

Hey, I never said the cat was being unreasonable!  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks playful enough.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Babcat looks......French
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#26]
would love as a pet. mwahaha
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Love them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

His girlfriend doesn't complain (much).  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Creek in southwest MO on a summer vacation, 1987. Three of us in a canoe parked under a tree fishing...  landed a catfish, two other guys in canoe spotted something in the tree.  next thing i know, said Babcat wanted the catfish more than we did.  He proceeded to jump down onto the bank and proceeded to jump in the canoe.  Much hilarity ensued.  I swear this happened even though i have no photos of said incident.  I can provide names and numbers, but they will deny the defacating in the pants part.  I was the walking on water part....
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#30]
You'll get no grief from me.  If a bobcat jumps in my boat...bobcat can have my boat.  

Remember that scene in Apocalypse Now?  If that tiger had gotten on the boat, I bet he (or his descendants) would still own that fucking PBR.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Fine animal
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#33]
A few years ago we saw a Mama Bobcat and three kittens about 100 yards from the house (looking through the dining room window).  This was mid-morning, sunny day, 100 yards from a State Route and maybe 30 yards from my neighbors house.  For about 15 minutes Mama relaxed while the kittens (about a month old) romped and played.  Wished I had gotten some pics like OP.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

I have a friend who runs from my cat, and all hes trying to do is get some scratching action.

He says he doesn't like them cause when they look at him he thinks they are thinking about attacking him.  I tell him 'Yes, he is thinking about eating you, but you don't fit in his mouth, well most of you doesn't.'
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Took this one a few years ago, beautiful animals, wouldn't want to pet them though.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

I have a friend who runs from my cat, and all hes trying to do is get some scratching action.

He says he doesn't like them cause when they look at him he thinks they are thinking about attacking him.  I tell him 'Yes, he is thinking about eating you, but you don't fit in his mouth, well most of you doesn't.'

One of my freinds runs from my bearded dragon, but she chases his ass. She doesn't like that dude at all.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Saw one raiding a dumpster one time. Thought it was just a feral cat until it stood on its hind legs to get into the trash.

I was thinking "Nice kitty... cute kitty... whoa BIG kitty."

Then i looked closer and figured out what it was.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard a similar story but it involved a skunketteh...

Beautiful bobkitteh!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Bobcat? Puma + Housecat= Bobcat?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Creek in southwest MO on a summer vacation, 1987. Three of us in a canoe parked under a tree fishing...  landed a catfish, two other guys in canoe spotted something in the tree.  next thing i know, said Babcat wanted the catfish more than we did.  He proceeded to jump down onto the bank and proceeded to jump in the canoe.  Much hilarity ensued.  I swear this happened even though i have no photos of said incident.  I can provide names and numbers, but they will deny the defacating in the pants part.  I was the walking on water part....

I would have done the same.  I wouldn't want them paws anywhere near me.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Would look good mounted above my fireplace.   Why not enjoy their beauty year round
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did it get the catfish?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Man if those could be domesticated a bit I would take one. Awesome pictures, thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#45]
I had one that was peeping on us. Sat out back for quite a while looking in the house Didn't even flinch when I opened the window to take a pic.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I had one that was peeping on us. Sat out back for quite a while looking in the house Didn't even flinch when I opened the window to take a pic.

http://www.cujet.com/assets/images/bobcat_2_small.jpg

That doesn't look like a bobcat much. Looks more like some strange mix.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for sharing !!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bobcat? Puma + Housecat= Bobcat?

No.  Puma + Housecat = Puma has housecat for lunch.

Bobcats are a distinct breed of wild felines all unto themselves, sometimes called wildcats instead of bobcats.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Babcots don't have spots.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't look like a bobcat much. Looks more like some strange mix.

Would have to check the absence of a tail to be sure it's a bobcat.  But in FL there are one or two more species of wild felines running around.  It could be a juvenile cougar/panther or a full-grown example of one of the species normally associated with South America.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top