Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2012 1:37:41 PM EDT
Its time we put a stop to nail gun crime. The epidemic of nail gun related deaths and accidents call for governmental regulation.

Look at it.

LOOK AT IT! How on Earth are people allowed to run around with high capacity drum magazines loaded with lethal ammunition? You can literally go to any hardware store and buy these without a license or even a background check!

Large capacity belted ammunition allows fast reloads. As we all know, fast reloads = baby killing machines.

You could literally put a 20 gallon air compressor in your trunk and 300 foot of hose and go mass nail people in a mall. A 300 foot radius of lethal area denial.

They also make side arm nail guns that run on batteries. You could hide one of these in your coat and kill people quietly.

You are probably thinking, "This guy is insane. There are probably like 100 dummies injured with nail guns a year." To that I would say, you are DEAD wrong.

In the United States, about 37,000 people every year go to emergency rooms with injuries from nail guns, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Nail gun injuries tripled between 1991 to 2005.

As you can see, the facts are much worse that that. But thats not all.

Had there been an outright nail gun ban and confiscation years ago these people may still be alive. How many people will have to die or be injured before we act?

http://archives.smdailyjournal.com/article_preview.php?id=1758715
http://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2012/06/05/police-arrest-man-for-assault-with-nail-gun/
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/645195435/Man-jailed-charged-in-assault-with-nail-gun.html?pg=all
http://www.nbc11news.com/localnews/headlines/19793924.html

These are just some of the nail gun related shootings in the US...

I'm not for the total ban of nail guns, but perhaps we should rethink the laws about acquiring them.

Only construction personnel should be allowed access. Anyone that is not apart of a construction company must undergo a background check and mental health assessment courtesy of your local law enforcement. If you get approval, then you will need to purchase a tax stamp from the Department of Labor for your high capacity nail gun.

Besides, what can you do with a nail gun that you can't do with one of these?

I am not against nail gun ownership rights but believe we should come together for common sense regulation. Lock up your nail guns and keep them away from children. We must get these assault weapons off the streets!

This whole post was made in jest. I do not want to ban nail guns.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I once shot my dad in the hand with a nailgun (his fault), but not once with a real gun.  Nailguns are dangerous, people.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Those Paslode guns don't even use an air compressor!  Why would anyone need a thing like that?!
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Ban it.  Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ban it.  Do it for the children.

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
You know Snoop ain't gonna like that idea.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My Mom served on. Jury for a construction guy who killed his foreman with a hammer.

You need to stop your insane proposal for people to use hammers. Frames and studs should be secured with an environmentally friendly twine.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My Mom served on. Jury for a construction guy who killed his foreman with a hammer.

You need to stop your insane proposal for people to use hammers. Frames and studs should be secured with an environmentally friendly twine.

One step at a time my friend.

First we get their assault nail guns.

Then we go for their hammers!

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was a kid working in lower Manhattan a secretary was found dead in my building, slumped over her type writer. Seems there was remodeling going on in an adjacent office and the guy missed the stud. Nail went through the wall, hit  her in the base of the skull and killed her.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When I was a kid working in lower Manhattan a secretary was found dead in my building, slumped over her type writer. Seems there was remodeling going on in an adjacent office and the guy missed the stud. Nail went through the wall, hit  her in the base of the skull and killed her.

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait so my pre-ban nails guns are not grandfathered in...

What about my nails, are coil nails worse than stick nails...

Oh no my cordless finish nailers seemed to have been lost in a boating accident...

My lumber yard wants my fingerprints for a box of 16 ga. finish nails...

Write my senators, write your congressmen, I must be stopped from being productive...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top