Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2013 9:40:34 PM EDT
I am watching the first episode. I know it is late but did I just see a mustache painted on a helicopter. Also instead of an alarm to scramble the crews to the helicopters they play "Leeroy Jenkins" really loud over a speaker?
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Just caught the end of it, ill probably follow it
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If you watch the first episode again wait until the shift change at about the 35min mark. Leeroy Jenkins is played just before the crews run to the helicopters. Intense ending.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
im extremely conflicted about it even bein on.  on the one hand... its a look into the hell these guuys go through... on the other.. its one hell of a cringe worthy and intimate moment to try and make a buck on.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you watch the first episode again wait until the shift change at about the 35min mark. Leeroy Jenkins is played just before the crews run to the helicopters. Intense ending.

Yes, they play Leroy Jenkins. I don't see why people make a deal out of this. I can only imagine doing what they do and putting up with the stress. I trust in God that they have some relief, and frankly couldn't care less what they respond to as long as they do their job (which I know they always will). One of my best friend's brother is in the PJ pipeline. Those guys are what allow the rest of us to have some peace of mind.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they play Leroy Jenkins. I don't see why people make a deal out of this. I can only imagine doing what they do and putting up with the stress. I trust in God that they have some relief, and frankly couldn't care less what they respond to as long as they do their job (which I know they always will). One of my best friend's brother is in the PJ pipeline. Those guys are what allow the rest of us to have some peace of mind.

Work hard/play hard. I think it is a great idea to build unity. The mustache on the helicopter is great also. I agree with the previous posters comments on exploiting these guys for a buck. I just hope the show sheds some light on the difficult jobs that are done without credit or fanfare.
A medic must be one of the most mentally challenging jobs. My thoughts and prayers to out for these guys along with the rest of the people who keep America safe.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

People are making a big deal of it because they think it's funny, not because they're offended.  Lighten up a little.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Work hard/play hard. I think it is a great idea to build unity. The mustache on the helicopter is great also. I agree with the previous posters comments on exploiting these guys for a buck. I just hope the show sheds some light on the difficult jobs that are done without credit or fanfare.

A medic must be one of the most mentally challenging jobs. My thoughts and prayers to out for these guys along with the rest of the people who keep America safe.

PJ's are more than medics.  they are THE lifesavers of those where no one else can get them.  they are the only military unit in the country that operates out of pure humanity.  

they really do live by the motto: That others may live.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone been able to find the full episode online?
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:34:37 AM EDT
[#9]
The mustache is for Pedro, which is the standard AOR callsign for CSAR.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 3:32:26 AM EDT
[#11]
was watching that last night and thought I heard a computer-generated "Scramble Scramble Scramble Scramble" when they loaded up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 3:43:54 AM EDT
[#12]
As far as the PJ's being exploited, the few I know personally seem to have been pretty enthusiastic about the show - talking it up on facebook and the like
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 3:46:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

im extremely conflicted about it even bein on.  on the one hand... its a look into the hell these guuys go through... on the other.. its one hell of a cringe worthy and intimate moment to try and make a buck on.

Are you saying they are making money from the show or are you talking shit about the profession they choose?  Please explain.

Edit.  I think you may be talking about Nat Geo.  Am I right?
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 3:54:45 AM EDT
[#14]
PJ's always have my respect. many years ago as a USCG helo flight mech I worked with some in Alaska. Good guys, did all we did plus did it in combat. It was a challenge enough to do helo rescue in storms, hard to imagine doing the same with bullets flying at you. A couple of our pilots were former Jolly Green drivers in Viet Nam, excellent pilots. Haven't seen the show yet but will catch it soon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 3:56:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I was in a carbine class with a couple of those guys.
It was humbling to say the least. Relly nice helpful guys also.

ETA not the guys in the show
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 4:11:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Its played several times before their shift change lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 4:15:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A medic must be one of the most mentally challenging jobs.

It's tough (I was one for 11 yrs) that's for sure...
I couldn't imagine doing it under fire or the stress those guys experience every mission.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 4:20:59 AM EDT
[#18]
It's still on my DVR.  Haven't gotten around to watching it.

Local kid is on the first episode...from my alma mater too:   http://www.ledgertranscript.com/home/4484972-95/hansen-rescue-national-force
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 4:24:03 AM EDT
[#19]
As a guy who was aircrew for 10 years, PJs don't buy beer around me; I buy those guys beer.

I got to work with some PJs a couple of times on training missions, and those guys are the shit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I am watching the first episode. I know it is late but did I just see a mustache painted on a helicopter. Also instead of an alarm to scramble the crews to the helicopters they play "Leeroy Jenkins" really loud over a speaker?

Its from MiRC (combat chat rooms). When certain words pop up on the screen it triggers certain "ringtones"

Whenever JDAM would pop up on ours it gave a audience clapping sound. We has others as well like a "alert" would give a siren.

ETA IB sylvan telling us the AF is shit at CSAR/medvac.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Sad its only a 6 episode run.  

Its a good show and those guys arent talked about enough.  Genuine all around badasses.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I liked the first episode and will watch the rest, the ending of the show was tough to watch
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I liked the first episode and will watch the rest, the ending of the show was tough to watch

Caught the first episode last night. Nothing but respect and admiration for those guys.

I couldn't do what they do, not because of the danger, the physical requirements, not because of the blood and guts or anything regarding killing the enemy. I couldn't do it because it would shred me emotionally. Seeing your brothers die and or become permanently maimed while on my watch, and me not being able to save them every time would fuck me up.

If I had a family back home that would make it 10x worse. I would break down and lose my shit.

I am usually never emotional about things that don't directly affect me or my family, especially something that is not happening right in front of me, but when that medic was loaded on the chopper and his squad was kissing him goodbye and then him begging for pain meds I teared up like a mother fucker.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Caught the first episode last night. Nothing but respect and admiration for those guys.

I couldn't do what they do, not because of the danger, the physical requirements, not because of the blood and guts or anything regarding killing the enemy. I couldn't do it because it would shred me emotionally. Seeing your brothers die and or become permanently maimed while on my watch, and me not being able to save them every time would fuck me up.

If I had a family back home that would make it 10x worse. I would break down and lose my shit.

I am usually never emotional about things that don't directly affect me or my family, especially something that is not happening right in front of me, but when that medic was loaded on the chopper and his squad was kissing him goodbye and then him begging for pain meds I teared up like a mother fucker.

Yeah, I don't know how those guys come back to the real world, hats off to them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Good show.  I'll watch it again.

Brought back some memories for me.

God bless all medevac crewmen.  Those guys are awesome.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top