Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Ragnar's wife is hot

Quoted:
Video of the cast, check out Ragnar's wife Katheryn Winnick..........

Also Ragnar tells the priest that "the offer is still on the table, will you join us please"  in the interview !!  @4 :25

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 6:08:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like Ragnar and the king will get to know each other well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ragnar's wife is hot

Quoted:

Also Ragnar tells the priest that "the offer is still on the table, will you join us please"  in the interview !!  @4 :25

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Two thoughts:

1. Anyone else find Toady getting chest-axed immensely satisfying?

2. Earl's wife shanking her son-in-law seemed a questionable decision at best.  I mean, a) that dude at the time (i.e. pre-wannabe earl Rollo's proposal) probably represented her's and her daughter's best shot at surviving the immediate future, and b) if Baldy's relatives come complaining, if I were in Ragnar's shoes, I wouldn't think twice about handing her over to them.  Solves two problems at once.

1. Yes that made my day, I hated that guy!
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#5]
So when Ragner's ask the formers Earls wife how shed like to remarry a earl, and then she asked "who" and Ragner's brother replied "me", does that mean brothers of the king are also Earls or is he insinuating he was going to take Ragner's position??
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Winnick was born in Etobicoke, Ontario. She spoke Ukrainian as her first language and did not begin speaking English until she was age 8. Winnick began training in martial arts at age 7 and obtained her first black belt at 13. By age 21, she had started three martial arts schools.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katheryn_Winnick

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So when Ragner's ask the formers Earls wife how shed like to remarry a earl, and then she asked "who" and Ragner's brother replied "me", does that mean brothers of the king are also Earls or is he insinuating he was going to take Ragner's position??

Ragnar is not now a king, he's a Jarl....Earl in English.

Rollo was insinuating that he would usurp Ragnars position in the future
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hail Earl Ragnar!

Sounds like the name of somebody that would live around here.

funny cause its true
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Ragnar's wife is hot

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/eQIvCr7tB7I

Id smash...
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Winnick was born in Etobicoke, Ontario. She spoke Ukrainian as her first language and did not begin speaking English until she was age 8. Winnick began training in martial arts at age 7 and obtained her first black belt at 13. By age 21, she had started three martial arts schools.

That makes her even hotter
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was afraid of
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was afraid of

Kinslaying is bad juju in the Viking world.

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I watched all of it with the On Demand on Direct TV and was surprised that it was a series on the History Channel. Aside from Game of Thrones it about the only good show on tv now!
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]
What did Ragnars brother say to him in the earls hall after the old guy asked to go on the raids? I could not make it out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Been trying to avoid this thread today.....

Missed the episode last night. Can't wait to get off work today so that i can catch up. Hope it's a good fight.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What did Ragnars brother say to him in the earls hall after the old guy asked to go on the raids? I could not make it out.

I think it was "now we will never be even", which is what Ragnar promised him on the boat.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was "now we will never be even", which is what Ragnar promised him on the boat.

I think it was the part where Rollo yelled out something when the old guy was talking.  I didn't make it out either.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was "now we will never be EQUALS", which is what Ragnar promised him on the boat.

Fixed it.  And he made several comments about Ragnar's reign and fortune being short lived.

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was the part where Rollo yelled out something when the old guy was talking.  I didn't make it out either.

He was quipping that the guy's loyalty/service would be short because of his age.

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was "now we will never be EQUALS", which is what Ragnar promised him on the boat.

Fixed it.  And he made several comments about Ragnar's reign and fortune being short lived.

It was "How will we ever be equal, my brother"
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#21]
The two posts above this one are correct.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The two posts above this one are correct.

Thats one way to speak the truth
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Two thoughts:

Ha, that was awesome. Here, hold this axe for me

Link Posted: 4/10/2013 4:43:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Two thoughts:

He should have died slower.......So who knows where the Earl's stash is now?
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Two thoughts:

That stash is for his personal use in Valhalla. I doubt Ragnar or anyone would disturb it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 5:14:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Two thoughts:

That stash is for his personal use in Valhalla. I doubt Ragnar or anyone would disturb it.

Not an expert on Viking death-lore, but wasn't his death stash supposed to go on the boat?  

You can bet ole Toady would have went and got it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 5:46:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wife and daughter were pawing through the stash towards the end of the episode, when they were interrupted and they expected to be killed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wife and daughter were pawing through the stash towards the end of the episode, when they were interrupted and they expected to be killed.

That was stuff in the house.  I'm talking about the stuff they seized from Ragnar's first England trip that was buried (along with the kid who helped dig the hole).
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah. I think the stuff was supposed to stay buried... I doubt Ragnar would touch it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Two thoughts:

I hated that fat little shit...

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:54:12 AM EDT
[#31]
It's Lagertha pr0n Friday!

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:56:56 AM EDT
[#32]

I love a woman who knows how to handle a sword...
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes her even hotter

lets warm it up for ya.

She also attended Body Guard Training.  YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know much about viking combat, but I'm digging all the small axe/tomahawk fighting. I've always thought it makes for great fight choreography.

Ragnar was parrying a lot with his axe since he was without a shield in the fight scene this episode. Would a wooden handle prevent a sword from biting into it, or sliding down the shaft and taking off their hand? I'd think you'd be missing fingers if you did that long enough.

From what I have read, the axe was a preferred weapon for many Vikings in the early Viking period.  Especially in the ninth century.  The axe brings a lot of energy to the point of contact.  It can shatter a wooden shield easier than a sword and also break bones a lot easier.  They also required less metal to make.  Swords were expensive and required a lot of iron to make.  Analysis done on some recovered Viking swords from the early period actually revealed that a lot of them were made with poor quality iron.  One has to remember that they lived on the edge of the known world during the "Dark Ages" and things got to them last.  

It wasn't until the introduction of the Ulfberht sword the it became a weapon of choice for the Vikings.  This happened in the middle Viking period.  This was a huge leap forward  in both metallurgy and design.  There was a great NOVA episode called "Secrets of the Viking Sword"that details this pretty good.
[div]
Thanks for the heads-up.  Found it on YouTube and watching now:[div]
[div]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbLyVpWsVM

Quote to remind myself to watch this video.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

broadsword or rapier?
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Ok I cannot take it anymore....

Its JARL NOT EARL DAMN IT!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

WHAT?! I thought Earl was his first name..
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

and, apparently  the shaft of a spear.........
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#40]

I think I jagged to her so much already I broke her, probably gonna go back to fapping to Brenda Song or iCarly...
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Love the show!  I'm no history buff about Norse mythology but have a general knowledge of it.  After the first episode intro when Ragnar catches a glimpse of Odin and the Valkyries I was hoping it would have more of that instead of just a few lines here and there about Thor celebrating, etc. I like watching the captive priest learn about the pagan religions, etc.  There are a lot of really good aspects to the show and good character development -  not just hacking and slashing.

Ragnarok
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Looking forward to this evening.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

From some of the vids I've seen of commentary by the cast/crew, they are saying this next one and the one after are their favorites.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

From some of the vids I've seen of commentary by the cast/crew, they are saying this next one and the one after are their favorites.

I am hoping that means a lot of battle ax and shield wall.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ya, so after watching the NOVA on the Ulfberht blade, there is no way the Earl has that blacksmith killed over something petty like that...or any master craftsman like a shipbuilder for that matter.

I don't think they killed him. They just shoved his face in the coals.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

we are speaking english in this thread.  if you are looking for a forum to discuss this show in Swedish you'll have to go somewhere else.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Bump for Sunday night.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Since when did the Earl's (Jarl's) wife get to decide cases in the court?
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#50]
So far so good! Some of the better fighting scenes ive seen, especially for TV.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top