Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2013 9:10:05 PM EDT
I have noticed that people tend to get more multicam and assorted colors like that rather than black, I also know that is because of your area where you are trying to "blend" in, but what else makes you go for that choice?
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno... Black seems to stick out like a sore thumb in every situtation other than night time! lol
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]

I think a well used olive drab is the best all around color.  Black really does stand out, even at night.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think a well used olive drab is the best all around color.  Black really does stand out, even at night.

Yep.

Black is not cammo.

ETA...

Black looks great on chicks..   Hosiery,high heels, leather, lingerie, all of that looks great in black.

Not as cammo.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
black is the worst color possible.  it draws attention, even at night and gives a high contrast aiming point.  neutral colors ftw
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Earth tones, because well, the earth is earth toned
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Like the German Flecktarn, Grandson, 8, and I put some on and hid out in the woods-brush not too far from the house.
The wife almost stepped on us, she had a Mag-Lite.
She brought out the GSD, we were found in half a minute.
Flecktarn or Marpat, this area, I prefer the former.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to mention I've already got 20lbs of gear and armor on, I don't need all that black soaking up the sun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
black is the worst color possible.  it draws attention, even at night and gives a high contrast aiming point.  neutral colors ftw

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Coyote Brown all the way.

It blends in best with that Ga Clay.

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I like coyote because I think it would be lower profile than black in a situation where I would actually need it. I wouldn't want to draw undue attention to myself.

I always wondered if LE agencies that use black gear do so more because of the perceived intimidation factor since it is such a poor choice of concealment otherwise. Even a lighter gray would be more appropriate.

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't think of any advantage to having a black carrier over a camo one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like coyote because I think it would be lower profile than black in a situation where I would actually need it. I wouldn't want to draw undue attention to myself.

I always wondered if LE agencies that use black gear do so more because of the perceived intimidation factor since it is such a poor choice of concealment otherwise. Even a lighter gray would be more appropriate.

Probably more because A) back when it was easy to get cast-off gear and just dye it all matching black, and b) it's very easy to look "uniform" and "official" in black.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Paint The Punisher's  skull-face on a black carrier and it looks pretty bad ass.

That's the only reason to get a black one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Paint The Punisher's  skull-face on a black carrier and it looks pretty bad ass.

LULZ

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#15]
finger on trigger
no iron sights
cross draw holster

otherwise, operator as fuck
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

LULZ

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/346/f/b/warzone_vest_2_by_punisher75-d34rhzy.jpg

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

finger on trigger

no iron sights

cross draw holster

God damn right

Does this vest make my ass look fat?

Not amused..

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#18]
A-Tacs and coyote FTW

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A-Tacs and coyote FTW
http://i48.tinypic.com/pb2af.jpg  

LOL

A plate carrier with a California flag patch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A-Tacs and coyote FTW

LOL

I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
A-Tacs and coyote FTW

LOL

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
snicker......
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not to mention I've already got 20lbs of gear and armor on, I don't need all that black soaking up the sun.

Only twenty? My armor alone was about 35.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I live where everything is brown and dead all the time.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
finger on trigger
no iron sights
cross draw holster

Looks like airsoft.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Black looks great on chicks..   Hosiery,high heels, leather, lingerie, all of that looks great in black.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:28:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Desert tan.  Well, because I live in the desert.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a lot of shit hanging on mine...  (really I just tossed out a random number, I'm kind of on the wrong side of the world to weigh my personal shit.)
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:43:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a lot of shit hanging on mine...  (really I just tossed out a random number, I'm kind of on the wrong side of the world to weigh my personal shit.)

Wore an old-skool IBA with the 3/4" thick green ESAPI plates. I'd guestimate around 30-35 lbs. LBV with camelbak, mags and crap... dunno, 20-25 or so?

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l457/jono_usmc/GearStuff4_zps149e05bf.jpg

I like that setup.  Got a link to the manufacturer and a list of what you've got?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wore an old-skool IBA with the 3/4" thick green ESAPI plates. I'd guestimate around 30-35 lbs. LBV with camelbak, mags and crap... dunno, 20-25 or so?

Banshee PC, front and back L E-SAPI plates, three rifle mags, two pistol mags, Multitasker Ultralight, and a bare-bones IFAK.  I've spent way too much time in a Mechanized unit, so I don't like having stuff on the back (so no attached hydration.)  I do have the zippered Kangaroo pouch insert in the PC, so that works for admin crap, and I'll probably stick a couple more single-mag pouches on there somewhere when I get home, but I'll always try to run as bare-bones of a PC as I can, and just have a decent bag handy (Right now I have a Grey Ghost Gear assault bag with a sleep for a water-bladder and a Mary Poppins-like ability to carry all sorts of shit in it, despite being tiny and low-profile.)  

Either way, a fuckload lighter and more comfortable than the IBA I have here, I hate that thing, too much shit. I guess I'll never make a good "leg," but that's why I'm an Engineer... we always have trucks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 2:02:59 AM EDT
[#32]
I remember doing Robin Sage in the Army and they gave us black BDUs that did just well as woodland camo to conceal. I'd like to see evidence that black is as bad as people here claim.

On a side note AR500 just updated their armor with a anti-spall coating at no extra charge so I'm probably going to buy the below rig soon.

http://www.ar500armor.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29901
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 2:18:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I went with black because its used on the job, and we wear dark uniforms.

If it wasn't for that I'd go for the other earth colors because the desire there is to blend into your surroundings
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I remember doing Robin Sage in the Army and they gave us black BDUs that did just well as woodland camo to conceal. I'd like to see evidence that black is as bad as people claim.

On a side note AR500 just updated their armor with a anti-spall coating at no extra charge so I'm probably going to buy the below rig soon.

Nice. Honestly not my first choice but I'm glad to see an affordable armor system on the market for the law-abiding citizens that don't have a lot of extra cash.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 2:27:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 2:29:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l457/jono_usmc/GearStuff4_zps149e05bf.jpg

So will any other color, after you roll around in it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 3:13:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Ever see an environment with black vegetation?

Me neither
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 4:42:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I remember doing Robin Sage in the Army and they gave us black BDUs that did just well as woodland camo to conceal. I'd like to see evidence that black is as bad as people here claim.

I don't see anything in that description saying the coating provides any spall protection.....

Mind pointing me to where that is mentioned?

Each plate is coated with industrial grade enamel offering protection again UV, rust, chemicals and general wear.

Once again, nothing about spall protection.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ever see an environment with black vegetation?

Me neither

I dunno, depends on if the zoomies got there first.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 4:50:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
A-Tacs and coyote FTW

LOL

http://likegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/applause-gif-3.gif

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
finger on trigger
no iron sights
cross draw holster

The fact that it's airsoft didn't give it away for you?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They're also backed up several months right now.

ETA: OP, I have multicam because it actually works pretty well down here in the tangled underbrush of appalachia. We have four very distinct seasons, and multicam is decent in all of them. Black is decent in none of them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Your finger on the trigger is the only way you`ll fire the gun, dumb fuck. If you don`t pull it it won`t go off.
Quoted:
finger on trigger
no iron sights
cross draw holster

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A-Tacs and coyote FTW

That is bringing out my inner gear queer.

A-Tacs is just a camo company?
Would like to duplicate that but didn't see it on the A-Tacs web site...
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A-Tacs and coyote FTW

Hey anyone remember which serial killer collected license plates of his victims and hung them on his wall?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Black sticks out like a sore thumb.

Ranger Green or Atacs fg in the SE.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#49]
I live in the Mojave desert.  My PC is Coyote Tan.  All the rest of my stuff (chest rigs and the like) are either CT or Multicam.  The prevailing practical reason is, black shit gets hot in the desert sun.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm sporting a Coyote Brown Eagle Mari-CIRAS out here.

CB is just the best all around color IMHO.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top