Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2013 5:55:51 PM EDT

Carol Kaye (born March 24, 1935) is an American musician, best known as one of the most prolific and widely heard bass guitarists in history, playing on an estimated 10,000 recording sessions in a 55-year career.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Kaye#cite_note-1][1][/url]

Selected discography

Kaye played on hundreds of commercially released recordings and
soundtracks. These lists represent only a small fraction of her recorded
performances.

Electric bass credits

Credits for recorded singles on bass

Album credits on bass

Selected highlights include:

Recorded credits on guitar

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
She did a bunch of work with Lalo Schifrin for the Dirty Harry movies.

Eta: I always pictured the bass player in the soundtracks of the Dirty Harry films to be some funky looking dude.

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
There's actually a fairly long discussion of her Chordal Pattern System on the Jazzguitar.be website. I looked it over a bit. Se seems to be a well respected educator. I used different systems when learning to play, but hers looks good and a bunch of folks use it. As I was looking over her system I saw someone posted a clip of her playing guitar with George Benson. She's a serious player.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top