Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2013 6:07:04 AM EDT
Ok so for fathers Day I got a Go Pro Black Hero 3 & want to get a gun mount. So is the head strap the best to use or one of the gun mounts like the StrikeMark?

So what mount do you like the best for using your GoPro to film while shooting?

What other mounts or stuff is the must have for this thing?
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Goood question!

This is relevant to my interests...

Interested to see the results.

Link Posted: 6/19/2013 6:17:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow so no one uses a Go Pro to film shooting?
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive seen a few picatinny rail mounts available for the gopro.

here is one.  

and another

ETA: ive not used any of these products to mount one to a gun.  Ive been looking for a camera to put on my benelli for duck season but I think i might get a contour because they are smaller.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2013 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought an offbrand rail mount for mine, it was very awkward on weapon, I started using my contour for all my weapon mounted stuff, look around, I'm sure u can find mount on internets.. From experence, I'd say if u wanna record first person shooting with gopro, use head or helmet mount
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the strikemark cantilever -

One thing - it's designed to go on the bottom rail which wasn't what I wanted.  I wanted to be able to mount it on the top rail.  My solution was to take one of the sticky mounts that come with the GoPro and attach it to the Strikemark mount.  

Now I can mount it on the top rail and the GoPro is positioned properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top