Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm still here, El Guapo!

Army Link

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can't fucking believe the arrogance of these communist assholes running our country.

This is 100% political theater. It is designed to punish the American public. The MLK Memorial is a fucking rock. It requires no care and feeding. It's outdoors.

Go to http://www.nps.gov and see for yourself. A fucking website does not need maintenance. It isn't like a goddamn bicycle. It will sit there and do exactly what you expect it to do. If it crashes, fine, don't pay the lackey to go in and reboot the server. But to close the website under the auspices of lack of funding is insane. Are the buildings closed? A/C off? Servers powered down?

I just got a text showing that a trail at a local national park is closed. It's entirely unmanned. There aren't even any trash cans to empty. It's a bunch of fucking rocks and dirt along a river.

Sweet lord, I fucking hate these people.

/rant
View Quote

Absolutely theater by the Pres.  My brother goes to the National Weather Service page often.  It is currently "shut down".  However if you go to one of your favorites from your saved links for an area, the site is absolutely still working.  It's a charade meant to push his side in the shutdown.  An outright lie.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Websites don't need maintenance to operate. They don't break. I should know, I've been a software developer for ten years. It is possible that servers crash, IIS crashes, or something like that. It is possible that the world's most poorly developed website would require occasional restarts of other services, but that's not the general case. IIS offers automatic restart, as do most servers. Any reasonably managed web host will have the servers reboot automatically. Downtime is due to manual maintenance (as in updating the website). They went out of their way to make this a problem.

Government websites contain inaccurate data all the time. Today would be nothing new in that regard. It's standard practice. Websites only present the data people put in. You can edit a website to say that "all parks are closed until further notice," which is bullshit anyway, but it would be a ton less work than implementing a site-wide redirect.

You are correct sir. And by the way I AM asleep................Or am I?
Also, the government does not pay for variable bandwidth. They are not saving money. If they'd cancel their contract with Verizon, who likely provides the service, and replace that bullshit shutdown notice with your brower's "server not found" error, then it's possible they might save a few bucks. They're paying for the bandwidth. The server is on. Obviously. It's on and operational, only with a message to say it's not operational.

It's like asking a kid if he's asleep and he says yes. Who the fuck is dumb enough to believe that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The complaints about the open air parks and memorials are valid, this less so.  The one page notice can be done before a shutdown, and websites do indeed need maintenance - and if you don't want to have inaccurate or out of date info out there, with no one around to correct it, better to shut it off.  There are also signficant bandwidth costs that are minimized when all logins route to one page with a simple notice.

Websites don't need maintenance to operate. They don't break. I should know, I've been a software developer for ten years. It is possible that servers crash, IIS crashes, or something like that. It is possible that the world's most poorly developed website would require occasional restarts of other services, but that's not the general case. IIS offers automatic restart, as do most servers. Any reasonably managed web host will have the servers reboot automatically. Downtime is due to manual maintenance (as in updating the website). They went out of their way to make this a problem.

Government websites contain inaccurate data all the time. Today would be nothing new in that regard. It's standard practice. Websites only present the data people put in. You can edit a website to say that "all parks are closed until further notice," which is bullshit anyway, but it would be a ton less work than implementing a site-wide redirect.

Also, the government does not pay for variable bandwidth. They are not saving money. If they'd cancel their contract with Verizon, who likely provides the service, and replace that bullshit shutdown notice with your brower's "server not found" error, then it's possible they might save a few bucks. They're paying for the bandwidth. The server is on. Obviously. It's on and operational, only with a message to say it's not operational.

It's like asking a kid if he's asleep and he says yes. Who the fuck is dumb enough to believe that?

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#4]

FBHO
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Smithsonian's still up too. Wonder if it'll be down tomorrow.

http://www.si.edu
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
You mean to tell me that THEY closed the MALL in Washington D.C.?

You have GOTS to B fucking kidding me...........
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The complaints about the open air parks and memorials are valid, this less so.  The one page notice can be done before a shutdown, and websites do indeed need maintenance - and if you don't want to have inaccurate or out of date info out there, with no one around to correct it, better to shut it off.  There are also signficant bandwidth costs that are minimized when all logins route to one page with a simple notice.

Every corporation and every government agency employes web developers and teams of people who constantly maintain their internet presence.  It is a full time job, and the NPS website as a shitload of info all over the place, much of which is no longer valid during the shut down - even simple things like park hours and contact info can be buried in numerous places, and that is the most obvious thing.  The effort to try to clean all that up is nothing compared to a simple domain-wide reroute out in place the last few hours on 30 September.

People are actually comparing the NPS sites to a static website for some old movie.  That is beyond absurd.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You mean to tell me that THEY closed the MALL in Washington D.C.?

You have GOTS to B fucking kidding me...........
View Quote

They paid to print signage indicating that the mall is closed, they paid to put up barriers, and they're paying security guards to keep visitors out.

It's closed, all right.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The other way of looking at it is that if they leave the page(s) up - the webmaster/admin needs to maintain it/ensure it runs and complies with IT policy (updates etc).   Since these function are non-essential - they close it down in an orderly way and leave a note.

I'm missing the problem.  Copies should be available in cache in major search engines.  Do you really need the government services running?
View Quote

We're still paying TAXES and not getting the SERVICES that we're paying for.  Those Webmasters, admins, etc. may miss a paycheck or three but they'll get full back pay for NOT WORKING after the "shutdown" ends, just like they did in 1995-96.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Last major shutdown of the internet was by Hosni Mubarak's gov and media went absolutely nuts.
Obama shuts our internet off and media loves the whole fracken thing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Last major shutdown of the internet was by Hosni Mubarak's gov and media went absolutely nuts.
View Quote

Nobody has shut the internet off.  What the hell are you talking about?  We are both sitting here, right now, communicating over the internet!
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nobody has shut the internet off.  What the hell are you talking about?  We are both sitting here, right now, communicating over the internet!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perception, baby!
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

We're still paying TAXES and not getting the SERVICES that we're paying for.  Those Webmasters, admins, etc. may miss a paycheck or three but they'll get full back pay for NOT WORKING after the "shutdown" ends, just like they did in 1995-96.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The other way of looking at it is that if they leave the page(s) up - the webmaster/admin needs to maintain it/ensure it runs and complies with IT policy (updates etc).   Since these function are non-essential - they close it down in an orderly way and leave a note.

I'm missing the problem.  Copies should be available in cache in major search engines.  Do you really need the government services running?

How do you propose that they get around the fact that there is a federal LAW which prohibits non-essential staff from working - even volunteering to work?

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#14]
From 2011:

http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/08/what-a-government-shutdown-means-for-travelers/?_r=0

National Parks
The National Park system, which receives more than 800,000 visitors a day, will close its doors, access roads and lookout points at midnight on Friday. All 394 national parks and 582 national landmarks will be closed, including monuments and memorials, including the Thomas Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C., and the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. Civil War sites and heritage locations operated by the National Park Service will also be closed.

Educational programs, visitor centers and facilities will also be closed. The National Park Service Web site will be shut down, baring access to the site’s educational information, online booking and travel planning tools.

Visitors staying on park campgrounds and hotels will have until 6 p.m. on Monday, April 11, to vacate park property.

There are about 375 major upcoming events planned throughout the park system, said David Barna, chief spokesman for the National Park Service. If the federal government closes, all of the events will be canceled. Among the events planned include the 150th commemoration of the beginning of the Civil War at Fort Sumter National Park on Tuesday, April 12.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Every corporation and every government agency employes web developers and teams of people who constantly maintain their internet presence.  It is a full time job, and the NPS website as a shitload of info all over the place, much of which is no longer valid during the shut down - even simple things like park hours and contact info can be buried in numerous places, and that is the most obvious thing.  The effort to try to clean all that up is nothing compared to a simple domain-wide reroute out in place the last few hours on 30 September.

People are actually comparing the NPS sites to a static website for some old movie.  That is beyond absurd.
View Quote

The DOI managed to keep their site up with notices of everything being shut down.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I agree this is nothing but 100% political theater from the liberals.  Utterly senseless and morally disgusting ...
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The DOI managed to keep their site up with notices of everything being shut down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't NPS fall under DOI?
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

The servers are still running and the website is still up, they just blocked off most of the pages. Everything is still there and the maintenance is still an issue.

The website is still costing money.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The servers are still running and the website is still up, they just blocked off most of the pages. Everything is still there and the maintenance is still an issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely minimal money.  That's the whole point.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not about the website.  Its about government staff and contractors that support it - and their costs.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

How do you propose that they get around the fact that there is a federal LAW which prohibits non-essential staff from working - even volunteering to work?

View Quote

Tar and feathers.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

It would have been cheaper to just leave it how it was, or actually shut it down.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It would have been cheaper to just leave it how it was, or actually shut it down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.

They're still paying datacenter bills, power, network line, licensing costs, etc

Support staff costs are minimal in comparison....

It's a bunch of BS is what it is.

BHO ordering things shut down out of spite to teach america a lesson that the peasants need the Feds for everything. And we definitely cannot live or thrive without them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Truth.

They're still paying datacenter bills, power, network line, licensing costs, etc

BHO ordering things shut down out of spite to teach america a lesson that the peasants need the Feds for everything. And we definitely cannot live or thrive without them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.

Those costs are usually on a contract, and already paid through to a given point.  Their employees are most likely government employees, or their supervisors are.  The contractors they had that could still work would have likely been assigned shut down duties that could not be accomplished by midnight.

The idea that the president personally ordered this is ridiculous.  Especially if other elements of the same ministry have handled it differently.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Truth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth.

http://governmentshutdown.noaa.gov/

I got to that page from the local weather forcast and radar summary, which is up and running beautifully.    Yet another bit of government induced panic theatre.  They love to put on a hysterical show for the masses.  

If you are going to shut down a web site why not either power down the servers or just kill the entire web server process?  It took time and money to make that website change.  So somebody is at work.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, so why bother shutting it down?
Because it's visible, and popular and they want people to notice what they otherwise wouldn't. Given what they've done with several memorials and mainly privately funded sites, I can't really believe they have any other motivation.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Because it's visible, and popular and they want people to notice what they otherwise wouldn't. Given what they've done with several memorials and mainly privately funded sites, I can't really believe they have any other motivation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand, all that is open is a website with links to subordinate agencies, none of whom I can access right now.  Even low vis ones, like the USGS and Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Those costs are usually on a contract, and already paid through to a given point.  Their employees are most likely government employees, or their supervisors are.  The contractors they had that could still work would have likely been assigned shut down duties that could not be accomplished by midnight.

The idea that the president personally ordered this is ridiculous.  Especially if other elements of the same ministry have handled it differently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth.

No federal agency pays their contractor in advance.  So I don't understand your point that they are "already paid to a given point".  Contractors were cut off at the same time as government employees.  

In the overwhelming majority of cases I am aware of - web presence is most often done by contractors.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Truth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth.

From that comment - I'm guessing that you have never bid a federal agency IT contract.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#31]
http://www.doi.gov/news/video/jewellshutdown.cfm
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Tar and feathers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tar and feathers.

Thats some deep thinking right there.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's a shutdown. Shit is shut down.

It's amusing to no end how we've heard months if not years of chest thumping and bitching about how nobody would notice if the Federal government went away entirely and now GD is full of bitching and crying about parks and monuments and shooting ranges and NASA being closed.

Get off the government teat. I'm sure some private entity will open up a website that will meet your needs once the demand gets high enough.
View Quote

You don't realize Zero is being a total asshole do you?
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Its obviously not shut off or shut down its just shutting the people out
and working to do so. Even working to close state hwys that go through so people cant look at the park...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No federal agency pays their contractor in advance.  So I don't understand your point that they are "already paid to a given point".  Contractors were cut off at the same time as government employees.  

In the overwhelming majority of cases I am aware of - web presence is most often done by contractors.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.

I just called back to the States today, and several of our contractors are still at work - they are the only people available to handle some issues right now, as the DoD folks are furloughed.

Are you suggesting all contracts get renewed exactly with the fiscal year?
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I just called back to the States today, and several of our contractors are still at work - they are the only people available to handle some issues right now, as the DoD folks are furloughed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth.

Some contractors are working.  Either those whose work is defined as essential - or those whose funding is non-appropriated.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't understand, all that is open is a website with links to subordinate agencies, none of whom I can access right now.  Even low vis ones, like the USGS and Bureau of Indian Affairs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NPS website, after it gives you the boohoo shutdown screen, redirects to the DOI website (http://www.doi.gov/). That website is mostly functional.

If the DOI can leave up what was there before the shutdown, why not its child agency, the NPS?

We know the answer, but only a few are struggling to see another explanation.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The NPS website, after it gives you the boohoo shutdown screen, redirects to the DOI website (http://www.doi.gov/). That website is mostly functional.

If the DOI can leave up what was there before the shutdown, why not its child agency, the NPS?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not really  You are referring to a site that functions as essentially nothing more than a series of links to other sites, all of which are down.  There is nothing on there that would be an issue, nothing to mislead, nothing to misdirect... if anything, it has a lot of historical stuff that answers questions.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#39]
While some folks are whipping themselves in a froth over federal websites being shuttered - what is it that you need from those websites that you cannot find just as easily (or more easily) elsewhere?
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No, not really  You are referring to a site that functions as essentially nothing more than a series of links to other sites, all of which are down.  There is nothing on there that would be an issue, nothing to mislead, nothing to misdirect... if anything, it has a lot of historical stuff that answers questions.
View Quote

Do maps of parks change overnight? Does park information? Lists of parks? Locations?

They could just as easily posted a banner to say "ALL PARKS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE", like the front page of the DOI, but they chose to do it that way.

Why the gymnastics??
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
While some folks are whipping themselves in a froth over federal websites being shuttered - what is it that you need from those websites that you cannot find just as easily (or more easily) elsewhere?
View Quote

For the umpteenth time... it's not about the sites or info we need... it's about the unnecessary measures being taken to make sure people notice that stuff is closed and to in turn place the blame where they want it.

Easier to leave the fountains at the WW2 memorial turned off and walk away or barricade the whole thing? Easier to leave the mall open or completely block the entire area? Easier to put a "we're closed" banner up or pretend to remove an entire site?

Seems more calculated than necessary.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's one of the biggest false fronts I've ever seen.

They think people are stupid enough to believe that redirecting a Web site to an error page saves money, and unfortunately in many cases they are correct (in their belief that people are stupid.)

It's pathetic.  The people who do the real work are still on the job.  For example, if you go to the main web pages for the USGS or NOAA you get a "We're all shut down, nobody here" page...

http://www.usgs.gov/

...but the pages where actual work is done are still up.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/

This doesn't seem to work as a link here, but from my bookmark I can click through this one and get to a map that you can drill into and select options as normal - http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/#data: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

View Quote

And just as importantly, the DOI website is still functioning.  Take a peek at some of their shutdown documentations.  Almost every department within the DOI can be shut down in an orderly fashion in a day or less.  What I find interesting though is the HUGE number of employees who are funded through non-lapsing annual appropriations...i.e. they're not paid out of the budget.  If all these folks aren't paid through appropriations, who's paying them?
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do maps of parks change overnight? Does park information? Lists of parks? Locations?

They could just as easily posted a banner to say "ALL PARKS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE", like the front page of the DOI, but they chose to do it that way.

Why the gymnastics??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the gymnastics??

I can't personally think of a better way to make sure anyone using that website knows the situation.  I don't see how a mere notice in the front page would do that.  People could have hyperlinks to anywhere within that site especially people who have been making active plans.  I think people are looking for conspiracies that are not there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And just as importantly, the DOI website is still functioning.  Take a peek at some of their shutdown documentations.  Almost every department within the DOI can be shut down in an orderly fashion in a day or less.  What I find interesting though is the HUGE number of employees who are funded through non-lapsing annual appropriations...i.e. they're not paid out of the budget.  If all these folks aren't paid through appropriations, who's paying them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's one of the biggest false fronts I've ever seen.

They think people are stupid enough to believe that redirecting a Web site to an error page saves money, and unfortunately in many cases they are correct (in their belief that people are stupid.)

It's pathetic.  The people who do the real work are still on the job.  For example, if you go to the main web pages for the USGS or NOAA you get a "We're all shut down, nobody here" page...

http://www.usgs.gov/

That last link is making the whole page fucky.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
For the umpteenth time... it's not about the sites or info we need... it's about the unnecessary measures being taken to make sure people notice that stuff is closed and to in turn place the blame where they want it.

Easier to leave the fountains at the WW2 memorial turned off and walk away or barricade the whole thing? Easier to leave the mall open or completely block the entire area? Easier to put a "we're closed" banner up or pretend to remove an entire site?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So all this butthurt is about fountains being turned off - that no-one here was planning on visiting anyway?  Or is it about federal agency website that no-one here wanted or needed to visit?  So the fountain is off.  I have shocking news for you - so hold on tight.

The fountains get turned off for the winter very soon ANYWAY!  Will you get worked up when that happens?

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you viewing it on WebTV, brah?

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
there is a national park where close to where i live kennesaw mt national battlefield. now this park has a main part with a road that goes up the mountain and a museum.

of course that is closed..

but what is silly (doesnt bother me except the point its trying to make which is 'fuck you all' we are the gov and we simply say no') is that there is a parking lot on the other side of the mountain. that is all it is a parking lot. folks park there and then climb the mountain or jog down some old fire roads. this parking lot has gates that have never been closed, not at night, not during the weekend and during no holidays when of course folks wanna come out and exercise.

so what do the wonderful folks of the park service do to underline 'fuck you'? the close the gates in the parking lot and lock them with a chain.

you know what i'd like to see? of course it will never happen...

every single elected official in the national government elected out of office never to return, that includes all the favorites here. every single last one.

there is no common sense, no common courtesy in what is supposed to be our servant. there is simply the untouchable government bureaucracy with all its minions and elites elected to mount olympus who look down on the populace. and thats both parties.  
View Quote

There is a park here that receives NO federal funding for operation or maintenance.  The staff and the facility are run entirely on private funding.  The NPS sent law enforcement there to kick the employees out and shut the place down.  Why?  Because it sits on Federal land.

This is all just a big fuck you to the American people.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/23594857/despite-local-funding-national-park-service-closes-claude-moore-colonial-farm#axzz2gh86LeWt
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So all this butthurt is about fountains being turned off - that no-one here was planning on visiting anyway?  Or is it about federal agency website that no-one here wanted or needed to visit?  So the fountain is off.  I have shocking news for you - so hold on tight.

The fountains get turned off for the winter very soon ANYWAY!  Will you get worked up when that happens?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask me how I know you haven't read anything here or can't understand it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having read your writing - I do not care.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I can see why. Incapable of comprehending. It's okay. You're still someone's snowflake.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top