View Quote

2012?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are just starting off Coinbase is probably the easiest to get your feet wet.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Coinbase, by far the easiest way to get into Bitcoin.  As far as I know, you need to link a bank account to buy coins and in that respect they work much like Paypal.  If you are worried about security, then set up a throwaway account with your local bank or online bank and use that.  Coinbase is not a bank and will not hold USD for you.  That's why when you buy or sell, money comes in to or out from your checking account.  FWIW, I have bought and sold coins from Coinbase and I can assure you the money most certainly landed in my checking account when I sold with no unusual delay.  That always seems to be everyone's big hang up about Bitcoin: "How do you know you are going to get dollars out of that?".

https://coinbase.com/about
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Here we fucking go again
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Good time to buy.. BTC slowly dropping.

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/coinbase/btcusd
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here we fucking go again
View Quote

Every 6-12 months, just like clockwork.  We are now entering phase one of the next hysterical Bitcoin bubble.  This is the part where new people start to stumbling upon it again after a relative lull in Bitcoin scuttlebutt on the internet.  Next phase starts when a new uptrend forms and the recent positive returns generate their own demand (by definition, how a bubble is formed).  This continues until it hits a fever pitch and everyone is talking about Bitcoin hitting $100k by the end of the year.  Then the bottom drops out and Bitcoin loses half its value and everyone who is skeptical of Bitcoin gets on the internet and crows about how stupid everyone investing into Bitcoin was.  Bitcoin slips off silently into the night again and awaits it's next bubble 6-12 months down the road.

I'm just here for the ride.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys thinking of setting it up for my Biz well see
as for the other comments Choke yourself mmmmk
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Not to hijack...but can anyone explain bit coin mining....I saw a small computer that "hashes" bit coins over time...it said the more powerful the "miner"...the more coins it would mine ...wtf
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Would LTC be a better buy?

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#12]
At this point you're all gambling tulip bulbs.

A BTC-type currency could eventually work but it ain't BTC..... BTC cannot scale to the number of transactions that would make it a realistic worldwide currency. The size and distribution of the blockchain is the Achilles heel IMO.

Plus the theory that is was designed by the very same dirtbags that now issue the green slips of paper....
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Just buy the fucking dip! BTC hit 619 during the night.

http://hypron.net/bitcoinwisdom.html
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 6:00:46 AM EDT
[#14]
The current lull in bitcoin is do to MTGox (one of the largest exchanges) doing some funny stuff with a LOT of bitcoin.  Apparently $38m in bitcoin is missing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top