Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2014 8:28:50 AM EDT

Price is right

Good enough knife to be stashed in a bag, banged around a lot and not used much?

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it hollow in the grip or does it have a proper full tang?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it hollow in the grip or does it have a proper full tang?
View Quote

don't know honestly - good catch
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I would buy something like a Condor Varan for about the same money, and not made out of Chinese mystery steel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#4]

FWIW, it (or a very similar knife) gets good reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Wesson-CKSUR1-Bullseye-Search/dp/B000UUR6OI
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Except for guns, EVERY Smith & Wesson branded product I've seen was absolute shit, especially knives

They will whore their name out to anyone with 20 bucks and a chinese made POS not fit for use by a homosexual cub scout

Get an Ontario Kbar if on a budget

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Ontario-SPEC-PLUS-SP1-Marine-Combat--11289

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's that Condor in the requisite YouTube video of using a knife like a hatchet:  link
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Except for guns, EVERY Smith & Wesson branded product I've seen was absolute shit, especially knives

They will whore their name out to anyone with 20 bucks and a chinese made POS not fit for use by a homosexual cub scout

View Quote

This, and I have no idea why they do that to their name.  Thinking that S&W means good gear, a relative got me a S&W folder as an emergency truck tool (glass breaker, serrated for seat belts, etc).  It lives in my glove box, out of sight, and I wouldn't have given $10 for it.  His heart was in the right place, but .

For a cheap but indestructible truck knife, get a Cold Steel Bushman.  Paracord the handle, done.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I disagree. Yes, the S&W knives are cheap, but I buy them almost exclusively because they do the job they are meant to do for much longer then the cost of the knife suggests. That to me is a good value. I could go out and get a $150 knife or I could buy a $15-20 S&W knife every 3-4 years or longer if it's not my EDC. I actually had one for about six years that was still going strong after deployments, training, and everyday use and then my kids lost it. Kids losing things of mine happens too often for me as well so it's yet another reason I don't want to spend a lot on a knife.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#9]
In for the info.
Just ordered their bayonet
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I disagree. Yes, the S&W knives are cheap, but I buy them almost exclusively because they do the job they are meant to do for much longer then the cost of the knife suggests. That to me is a good value. I could go out and get a $150 knife or I could buy a $15-20 S&W knife every 3-4 years or longer if it's not my EDC. I actually had one for about six years that was still going strong after deployments, training, and everyday use and then my kids lost it. Kids losing things of mine happens too often for me as well so it's yet another reason I don't want to spend a lot on a knife.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no problem with cheap knives, but there are better options.  I just got an Ontario Utilitac for about $23, and it's in a different world than the S&W I got as a gift.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I've never seen a S&W labeled knife that was worth anything.

What ever happened to the old $35 Air Force Survival Knife that I used to see everywhere?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Ill save this thread....

ESEE 5
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#13]

There's always one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top