Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2014 8:34:26 PM EDT
That Amazon must horrible.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope America gets tired of stooopid "reality" shows soon, so we can get back to quality shows about neat and/or historical things.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That chick wasn't naked.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
They could not find two new people instead of recycling old contestants?  That dude is so annoying.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That chick wasn't naked.
View Quote

Which one wasn't naked?  They all looked naked to me.

And I wouldn't survive a single night with those mosquitoes.  Fuck that.  It would literally drive me insane.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hope America gets tired of stooopid "reality" shows soon, so we can get back to quality shows about neat and/or historical things.
View Quote

Why did you come in here, first post, to shit on a thread about something you don't even watch?

I don't understand.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Fake assed shit
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I miss The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Tool Time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Why didn't they coat themselves in mud so they wouldn't get bit?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They could not find two new people instead of recycling old contestants?  That dude is so annoying.
View Quote

I suspect they had the location and support all lined up, and with 3 quits within a week they were scrambling to salvage that effort and expense on short notice.  The recycles were arguably the strongest from Season 1 too, which I suppose does double duty as also helping them show that it could be done, and wasn't a set-up-for-failure episode.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I spent 8 days in the Amazon on vacation. We flew into Iquito, Peru, got on a small fishing boat, and headed west. We got onto smaller rivers that fed into the Amazon and were led by an Indian guide.

It rained every day for short periods of time, and we were there during the flood season. We had smaller life boats that were tied to the larger boat. They were aluminum boats with 15hp gas motors, and we would anchor the main boat and take the smaller boat into the flooded forest. As long as you were on the water, the mosquitos were not bad, but start walking the forest and they were like all over you in a heart beat. The guide taught us to break off parts of the termite mounds and rub it on our exposed skin. Army termites guard the mound, and spit a fluid at the invading insects and it is a natural insect repellant. The mound is full of this dried spit. A little water, some dried spit makes a little mud, rub it right in.

The guides were armed with rifles, and they never went anywhere without being armed. At night, the big boat never stopped moving...fear of being attacked by local Indians. When the big boat stopped so we could get in the little boats it was always anchored in the middle of the river. We went into two villages. General population of about 75 people in each village. They own nothing but the skin on their backs and the knowledge of the jungle. And they were happy healthy people. The soil in the Amazon is bad because it is washed away by the flooding. They can plant some basic crops but the soil cannot support them for very long, so they just move to another area and start over again.

I could write for days about that place, but the Reader's Digest version is "eat or be eaten." Pretty rough neighborhood.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#11]
These guys tonight in Madagascar had it relatively easy.

Found water and shelter on the first night.  Fire the second.

But seriously, cooking a snake can't be difficult.

Also, I wanna get naked with Taryn.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Chic brought a popular fire starter...blast match
it broke and failed to start a fire the 1st day  

just goes to show, the gimmick survival shit
doesn't wok when you need it

Laura is kinda hot though
There are other pic on google that I can't post here  

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Did you hear the guy drop the F bomb?

It started to rain and the dude says, "Fucking sucks."

I heard it clear as day.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I changed the channel when she said the bugs were biting her hoo-ha.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Time delayed here
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Another dude washes out.  This show is dramatically changing my outlook on women and survival.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top