Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They have flown the Aurora in the daytime.  There was a fairly clear picture of one taken by a someone on an oil platform in the North Sea.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
B5 Raider.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have flown the Aurora in the daytime.  There was a fairly clear picture of one taken by a someone on an oil platform in the North Sea.
View Quote

IF you are referring to this photo,it was a fake done for a british magazine.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They would never fly something top secret during the day

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone took pics of an unusual triangle shaped aircraft over Texas.

Photos taken of what appear to be aircraft flying in Amarillo, Texas, earlier this month have aviation writers speculating it could be secretive military projects.

Bill Sweetman, a senior aviation editor for Aviation Week who has covered aerospace and defense news for four decades — wrote that he and his colleagues, Graham Warwick and Guy Norris, "concur that the photos show something real.”

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx201/vanvideo/arfcom%20stuff/plane-in-texas-620x360_zps66e3e96d.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/28/this-is-more-than-a-random-image-do-these-photos-show-secret-military-aircraft/

Probably not a drone. If this were 1965, I'd say its an F-102 or a B-58. But it's 2014, so....

Unless everytime it flew, it had to fly into the "day"
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Lockheed Martin has a lot of stuff up there flying the public has never been shown.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it's a B-2. I cranked the levels on the image and put it next to a B-2 with similar angle. Even with the very long, grainy photo, you can just make out the "gap" on trailing-edge of the cranked wing.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

We no longer have 6 million dollars to rebuild shit!
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
You all fail aircraft recognition:

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I have seen a couple interesting aircraft in the night sky through a night vision scope.  The light patterns on both did not fit anything I've been able to find on commercial aircraft, and there were no strobes/rotating beacons on either.

One had rows of dim lights suggesting an extremely swept wing. My first thought was, "That looks like an F-117." The other was just three lights in a triangle. It's most probable that they were just commercial aircraft flying at an altitude high enough to obscure some of the lights and prevent the sound from reaching my ear.

However, their apparent size and relative motion didn't support that.  They traversed the sky from my POV very quickly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Was gonna say F117, til I read they retired it when did that happen
View Quote

I think there are a few still flying. Not operationally; testing of some sort.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#14]
F29 Retaliator
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Was gonna say F117, til I read they retired it when did that happen
View Quote

Google, it's a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]
weather balloon
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#18]
X-47C a bit earlier than planned?
Maybe a development from the Boeing Phantom Ray demonstrator?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The guys who took it are long time amateur military aircraft trackers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it always the drunk redneck, with a fucking potato cam?

The guys who took it are long time amateur military aircraft trackers.

This. These "aircraft spotters" spend their weekends and vacations in the desert, praying for any glimpse of the next "black budget" aircraft.

I remember in 1989 or so Bill Sweetman and one of these spotters by the name of Jim Goodall came to my office with some really grainy photos of the then-unannounced F-117A Stealth Fighter that they had gotten by renting really long lenses for their cameras and camping out on the high spots on the boundaries of the Groom Lake range. We all conspired on a book about the plane, and just before it was to be published the Air Force publicly unveiled the plane.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Photos taken of what appear to be aircraft flying in Amarillo, Texas, earlier this month have aviation writers speculating it could be secretive military projects.

Bill Sweetman, a senior aviation editor for Aviation Week who has covered aerospace and defense news for four decades — wrote that he and his colleagues, Graham Warwick and Guy Norris, "concur that the photos show something real.”

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx201/vanvideo/arfcom%20stuff/plane-in-texas-620x360_zps66e3e96d.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/28/this-is-more-than-a-random-image-do-these-photos-show-secret-military-aircraft/

Probably not a drone. If this were 1965, I'd say its an F-102 or a B-58. But it's 2014, so....

Untrue. Before the F-117A was unveiled, the Air Force was flying them during the day.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

such a sexy plane, hnnng
View All Quotes
Quoted:

such a sexy plane, hnnng

+1
My four favorite planes are F14, F111, B1, and.... A10
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#22]
This is the link where the sighting was reported.  Interesting read.
http://deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com/
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Aurora . old news
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

In other news, bigfoot was found.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#25]

My wife and I are crying laughing at this.

God I needed that after the 5.45 ban broke my heart today.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My guess is that it's the stealth replacement they have been talking about for the B52.
View Quote

I talked to a B-52 pilot a few months ago and he told me they are keeping them in service till around 2040.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
F-14
View All Quotes
Um, no.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Um, no.

View All Quotes

2008, yes.  I love the dumbass conspiracy shit when it comes to very common aircraft.  

Take away all the resolution and add 20k feet...

Could be a German tornado also...

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
2008, yes.  I love the dumbass conspiracy shit when it comes to very common aircraft.  
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/8/7/1015786.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/TornadoGR1_27Sqn_RAF_Mildenhall_1988.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/8/7/1015786.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/TornadoGR1_27Sqn_RAF_Mildenhall_1988.jpeg
No, I agree with your comment about the conspiracy part, I just don't think that's an F-14. Not totally sure what it is, but not a Tomcat, nor do I think it's a Tornado.

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Dubya was in Amarillo when that thing was flying over.

Add more tinfoil?
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#33]
The nearly obtuse angle would imply it's very stealthy and slow.  I suspect it's a derivative of the X-47 or it's a photoshop.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No, I agree with your comment about the conspiracy part, I just don't think that's an F-14. Not totally sure what it is, but not a Tomcat, nor do I think it's a Tornado.      
View Quote

Its a saab draken
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#36]

This is Hynek's most important contribution to the world.

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's up with all the red on some of those pages?
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're going for that old magic marker "redacted" look, but more eye-popping. Never mind the fact that with copy/paste emails, it's just as easy to delete certain parts.

I'm thinking they just really like colors. Red redaction, "Black Horizon," "deepbluehorizom.blogspot.com," "black manta," etc.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They're going for that old magic marker "redacted" look, but more eye-popping. Never mind the fact that with copy/paste emails, it's just as easy to delete certain parts.

I'm thinking they just really like colors. Red redaction, "Black Horizon," "deepbluehorizom.blogspot.com," "black manta," etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except you can highlight it and read it still
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#41]
.gov has more flying machines then your little minds can imagine...
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just getting around to trying that when you posted this.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#44]
That flying triangle has shown in several U-tube videos.  I bet it's one of our secret aircraft.  I knew we had something when the SR-71 was retired.  Then when the F-117 was revealed, it confirmed it and made me suspect we have something even better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Steve douglass and friends hardly fit into that category.  These guys spend time on radios/scanners listening for odd air triffic comminucations.  Then they are out with good cameras and lenses, but they have limits on something 150' long at 40,000'.

And there was a very similar/same  aircraft spotted more recently over kansas, at better resolution.

Too bad some people here just have act like the typical drunk redneck an cd cause me to waste my time
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever hear about the UFO reports from the early 1960s submitted by airline pilots flying over the US who saw something shaped like a triangle with a knife blade sticking out the front that was flying higher and faster than anything known at the time?  The CIA and Lockheed were testing the top secret SR-71 predecessor the A-11 on flights from Groom Lake east towards Orlando, FL, then north towards Atlanta, GA then back to Nevada.  All testing of the U-2 was done during daylight hours, with flights to the northeast towards the Dakotas, west along the Canadian border to WA then back south to Groom Lake.

In broad daylight, because there was not enough room over government controlled land to do what needed to be done for testing without getting over public areas.  If there are one or two new top secret aircraft being tested today, like the Texas and Kansas sightings indicate, they will eventually have to go outside the airspace of the Nevada Test Site to fully test their capabilities.  

It's been rumored that one or two secret aircraft projects were going to go public this spring.  What's been seen might be the "public introduction" of two classified programs, one a flying wing (possibly a drone) that was seen flying with the B-2s over TX and the black triangle spotted over KS.  And from there it will be handled like the early U-2 sightings inside and outside the US "Yeah, it's one of ours.  You don't need to know anything else about it."
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Ninja triangle, go!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I talked to a B-52 pilot a few months ago and he told me they are keeping them in service till around 2040.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My guess is that it's the stealth replacement they have been talking about for the B52.

They've been planning to keep the B-52 around since around the mid-80's or so.  I used to work with a Boeing manager whose job was to make and present presentations to upper management on the long range B-52 support plan.  The plan then was somewhere in the mid-40's +/-.

Part of where he got support data was from the Boeing Commercial people (we were both in the old Boeing Aerospace Division back then); the Commercial people were doing support planning for the 737 and 747 aircraft out into the '60s or thereabouts!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Well that clears things up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dunno, but judging by the conrail there are two engines.
View Quote

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top