Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2014 1:16:06 PM EDT

Taken from the AK Files

2009 or so a bunch of wasrs were sold by a defense contractor who used them for training. They all had a bfa soldered to the muzzle and had that BFPU look to them. They were cheap iirc like $200 each.

Possibly training rifles.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
When you say Iraqi WASR10, do you mean they were WASR 10s that were used in Iraq?

Because Saddam had his own AK factory built... which built AKs based on the Yugos.

ETA- Tabuk was their DM rifles. Idk why I was thinking that was the factory name.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The Tabuk rifles had a lion stamped on them and the text on them was in the HK font (at least thats how it looked to me).
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
"Ill give you a good deal on them, never fired and only dropped once"
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds......sketchy.

Why would they bring them back?
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Tabuk rifles had a lion stamped on them and the text on them was in the HK font (at least thats how it looked to me).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You honestly believe they had time for WASR 10's OP?

Because Saddam had his own AK factory built... which built AKs based on the Yugos

Nearly everything i saw was an Underfolder or Yugo type
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Confirmed by Apex Gun parts

On several firearms forums there are threads about the WASR, AES-10's and DPMS AR's that were returned to the USA from overseas service.

Apparently some of the guns still had inventory control tags attached with the contractor name and contact info.

The contractor name that keeps coming up is SOC-USA:

http://www.soc-usa.com/

They do US Gov't work both overseas and in the USA.

There have been a number of posts by people who saw (and sometimes photographed) the guns in the hands of "Security Forces" around US installations overseas.

What no one has seen (yet) is the night vision equipment that also came back from the same contractor where it was used to protect our overseas assets.

It all just arrived at APEX.

A quick check showed some of it has the same SOC tags.

When we purchased these units the supplier had showed us that these were from the same contactor as the AK's and AR's.

Once I have it all sorted and handled you will see it for sale on the APEX web site.

There is a variety of GSA approved models from several manufacturers.

I am planning to give that shipment my attention for the rest of the week.

Please check the APEX web site for these night vision device listings.

They should appear under the "Scopes & Mounts" category by next week.

Richard

There were actually AES-10's with fixed AND folding stocks in that shipment.

You are going to want the lesser condition guns and NOT the ones that sat in the arms room!

On another forum it was posted that a seller on GunBroker has these guns in their shop.

Look for "Phoenix Distributors" on GB, I think that is the name of the seller.

These guns are around now, but I think they will get snapped up by the Military collectors seeking to add this bit of "history" to the accumulation.

Richard

These are contractor guns like the DPMS rifles we saw a few weeks ago.

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds......sketchy.

View Quote

Disregard, I guess they are legit.

Secondly, why the hell would anyone want one of those guns, besides for historical collecting?
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Secondly, why the hell would anyone want one of those guns, besides for historical collecting?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds......sketchy.

Cheap, cheapy cheap guns.  If you're just going to stuff it in a trash can, why spend a lot of money to buy one.  If I had the cash to spare, some of those prices look tempting enough to me to finally buy an AK.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
SNIP

Cheap, cheapy cheap guns.  If you're just going to stuff it in a trash can, why spend a lot of money to buy one.  If I had the cash to spare, some of those prices look tempting enough to me to finally buy an AK.
View Quote

I would buy one for about $200 bucks when they supposedly first came out in 2009. But in the picture OP posted, they are $489. You can buy a brand new WASR 10 for that much.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SNIP

. You can buy a brand new WASR 10 for that much.
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

. You can buy a brand new WASR 10 for that much.

Where?

Why would you buy a WASR for $489 when you can buy a Yugo for $529?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CAKPAP&name=Zastava+N-PAP+M70+7.62x39+AK+Rifle&groupid=11
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not surprised that someone in Iraq would be using CAI junk.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember seeing a post here on this forum selling those rifles.  Seemed longer ago then 5 years but that fellow had a ton of those rifles right at that price.  All had BFAs welded on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I have first-hand knowledge of at least one contractor in Iraq that bought semiauto-only WASR-10s from the states and shipped them to Iraq for use by contracted local nationals.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Taken from the AK Files

2009 or so a bunch of wasrs were sold by a defense contractor who used them for training. They all had a bfa soldered to the muzzle and had that BFPU look to them. They were cheap iirc like $200 each.

Possibly training rifles.

You mean the rifles I sold?

The ones my company rented for Army predeployment training?

OMG!

They went all over the US and were used in Army, Marine Corps and Air Force training.

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I remember seeing a post here on this forum selling those rifles.  Seemed longer ago then 5 years but that fellow had a ton of those rifles right at that price.  All had BFAs welded on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hardly a ton.  I had 165 at one point.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe if I get bored I'll check that SN and see who I sold it to.

I kept good records.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I would buy one for about $200 bucks when they supposedly first came out in 2009. But in the picture OP posted, they are $489. You can buy a brand new WASR 10 for that much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

I'd buy it because it has seen some use and I would admire/imagine it's history in the Middle East....

Of course, that would be before throwing it in the trash can.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh! Only 165?  Romanian at 7.7lbs a piece...  Let me correct myself please...  "Seemed longer ago then 5 years but that fellow had 5/8's of a ton of those rifles right at that price".
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

I'd buy it because it has seen some use and I would admire/imagine it's history in the Middle East....

Its history would be more like Camp Shelby or Fort Drum or Fort Dix or Fort A.P. Hill or Camp Lejuene or Fort Carson or Fort Lewis, etc.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

Its history would be more like Camp Shelby or Fort Drum or Fort Dix or Fort A.P. Hill or Camp Lejuene or Fort Carson or Fort Lewis, etc.

Of course, who would ever say that when trying to sell it to others or brag about it?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top