Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have tentative hope for this movie. Abrams is shit, makes shit, directs shit, but did a good job with Star Trek (even though it really isn't Trek), he certainly can't fuck up my childhood any worse than Lucas. The cross lightsaber is pretty retarded and here is to hoping to no Fucking Lens Flare.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have tentative hope for this movie. Abrams is shit, makes shit, directs shit, but did a good job with Star Trek (even though it really isn't Trek), he certainly can't fuck up my childhood any worse than Lucas. The cross lightsaber is pretty retarded and here is to hoping to no Fucking Lens Flare.
View Quote

JJ did the best he could with the shitty Star Trek scripts.

You can't turn Plan 9 from Outer Space into 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My problem with CGI is that it allows great scenes, but at the expense of plot.

As cool as the X-wing and the Millennium Falcon are, they were supporting characters to  the pilots flying them. Take the assault on the Death Star in ep IV. The tech at the time only allowed for very 'slow' space combat. The upside of that was we got to see more of the pilots interacting. Red Squadron was a group of people, and we got to see that, not just some computer graphics zipping across the screen.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+1

CGI somehow took a shit after Jurassic Park.   I still don't understand how that happened.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stormtrooper armor looks good with the cheetah eye stripes.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg

I'm thrilled the prop department went hard in this movie .. They have bodies in suits instead of Lucas Cging every fucking trooper , I like the gritty realism on these guys

+1

CGI somehow took a shit after Jurassic Park.   I still don't understand how that happened.

Before Jurassic Park, CGI was a nerd hobby. Only nerds who were obsessed with it got involved in the field.

After Jurassic park, every faggot who could click a mouse and considered themselves an "artist" got into CGI. Most lacked the obsession of their predecessors, dedication, and, you know, actual talent.

Plus there are no actual cinematographers anymore. No one who can appreciate what a scene actually looks like. It's the visual equivalent of Nirvana. Throw enough shit at the audience and eventually they'll confuse it for being good.

So instead of a visual masterpiece, we get ADHD riddled explosion-bukakke lensflare-dubstep talentless blobs of shit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The neckbeards are out in force for this trailer. Looks epic.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think he did all that well with Star Trek.  The movies are rather crappy, although they certainly have some positive aspects.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]
How the heck does Soccer Ball R2's head stay connected to its body?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's probably two seperate hemispheres each rotating around a central cylinder that the head is attached to.

Alternate possibility:  It's a movie and they can do whatever the fuck they want.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

The force???
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys realize the ball droid is a return to Ralph mcquarrie's origional designs for r2 units, right?

Trailer is great, can't wait for more.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's probably two seperate hemispheres each rotating around a central cylinder that the head is attached to.

Alternate possibility:  It's a movie and they can do whatever the fuck they want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll go with #1 since that droid looks like a real object and not CGI
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Magnets

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Before Jurassic Park, CGI was a nerd hobby. Only nerds who were obsessed with it got involved in the field.

After Jurassic park, every faggot who could click a mouse and considered themselves an "artist" got into CGI. Most lacked the obsession of their predecessors, dedication, and, you know, actual talent.

Plus there are no actual cinematographers anymore. No one who can appreciate what a scene actually looks like. It's the visual equivalent of Nirvana. Throw enough shit at the audience and eventually they'll confuse it for being good.

So instead of a visual masterpiece, we get ADHD riddled explosion-bukakke lensflare-dubstep talentless blobs of shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stormtrooper armor looks good with the cheetah eye stripes.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg

I'm thrilled the prop department went hard in this movie .. They have bodies in suits instead of Lucas Cging every fucking trooper , I like the gritty realism on these guys

+1

Looking back at my own experience, I'd say this is 100% true.

My 2nd job out of the Army in the early 90's was as a die maker at a company.
The Art Department went to hell soon after they switched to Corel Draw and started hiring for that.
Most of the new hires were point-and-click fools. We called them art school flunkies because they were fresh out of collage, but didn't know shit.
Until now, I thought it was just the hiring practices of that lousy company.
Thinking about it now combined with your post, I can see how all the talentless idiots can pour into the CGI art field.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Storm troopers might actually hit something with a triple blaster!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't think he did all that well with Star Trek.  The movies are rather crappy, although they certainly have some positive aspects.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoyed them for what they were, Scifi movies. Star Trek, they were not. Abrams can't help but being shitty I guess.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Race Wars: Media Creates a Phantom Menace.

...But none of that has been the topic of discussion on progressive websites masquerading as nerdgasm sites. The topic of discussion has been all the rampant racism online directed at John Boyega himself. Hundreds and hundreds of racist comments about the “Black Stormtrooper” controversy. Yahoo News, The Atlantic, Buzzfeed, Verge, The Wrap and Mashable all tackled this sensitive subject with a passionate furor. Boyega himself even weighed in, expressing his gratitude and excitement on his personal Instagram saying, adding a somewhat cryptic phrase at the end: “To whom it may concern, get used to it”. It took progressive media all of 1 parsec to assume he was clearly referencing one or two anonymous YouTube comments about his race and not perhaps an acting coach from his past, or ex-girlfriend or anyone else.

The issue of Boyega’s skin color has been such a heated topic of debate online that none of the news outlets who ran stories about fan racism directed at Boyega could cite a single example of it happening. Not on Twitter. Not in an Op-ed, not on movie fan sites.

Not one.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#19]
From everything I’ve been able to read online from various sources, I think the story line for this one will be exceptional. But just to be safe I will add this spoiler alert. The following is complete and total speculation and has absolutely no basis on any factual information:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The neckbeards are out in force for this trailer. Looks epic.
View Quote

It was even covered on the steven colbert show. Yeah he's a liberal tard, but technically he was a star wars fan two weeks before me, so......

http://youtu.be/TiabUnjU84w

Its all ONE plasma stream idiots!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
From everything I’ve been able to read online from various sources, I think the story line for this one will be exceptional. But just to be safe I will add this spoiler alert. The following is complete and total speculation and has absolutely no basis on any factual information:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Lorde? As in the famous pop singer? That Lorde?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

aka randy marsh
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

aka randy marsh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

aka randy marsh

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I thought the EU was a no go after Disney bought the franchise?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Abrams also said that the bad guy in his second Trek movie was not going to be Khan.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I saw the Admiral.....Must have been a Ensign then.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

HAH! No, different Lourd (I misspelled it originally). It's Billie Lourd
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Abrams also said that the bad guy in his second Trek movie was not going to be Khan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I think the exact EU story lines are a no go, but I would have to imagine that a lot of people will be pissed off and disappointed if Disney ventures too far from what is accepted.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#29]
well that was an underwhelming trailer
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

No. There is no Jaina Solo. The EU is gone. All spoilers say Daisy's character name is Kira and probably isn't Han and Leia's daughter.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Oh shit, was that Jar Jar in one?

I like the X Wings in what looks like the old GLCM GAMA site shelters.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's obviously headichlorians.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No. There is no Jaina Solo. The EU is gone. All spoilers say Daisy's character name is Kira and probably isn't Han and Leia's daughter.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

It's all speculation right now. Abrams lied about Khan, he might be lying about totally trashing the EU.
We'll find out next year.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

That doesn't mean that the next SW project won't have anything from the EU. Them declaring the EU as non canon just means that future movies are free to ignore the established timeline (or steal ideas from it). So if someone wants to make a Rogue Squadron movie (hint hint), they don't need to have the exact same characters, EU history and plot that the books had. Sort of the same way that the Star Trek reboot is an alternate universe.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote
I hope not.  That sounds like the most incoherent drivel ever.  Seriously, below fan fiction bad.  

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top