Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2014 9:14:30 PM EDT
I'm looking for a 16' x 18" Ankmar RP 138 garage door panel (raised, white, in a perfect world!). Local vendor says Ankmar is no longer manufacturing, and as such, this panel is not available. I'm hoping someone out there in Garage Door Land can guide me towards a place to find a 16' RP 138 panel (18" height, prefer white), or one that is compatible with the rest of the garage door (RP 138 in white). "classic raised" panel design.

http://www.doors2day.com/page_gddetail.asp?mid=3

The door is currently a 16'x7'.  We've raised the header, and created a framework for a 16'x8.5' door.  I have a CNC mill that I need to move in, and the 7' height won't cut it.  We went in an 8' door in my current shop, and it literally brushed the garage door wipe/seal on the way in!  

Currently has (4) 21" panels.  I need an 18" panel to get my extra 18" of height.  I'm not concerned about differences in appearance from the interior...just the exterior.  I realize the 18" panel is likely to have a "squished" (shortened) panel accent, compared to it's 21" cousin.

While not my house, this is essentially my door:

I would essentially like to add an 18" panel from a door like this, to the top:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top