Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2014 1:39:39 AM EDT
People who accidentally leave their ATM receipts in the ATM machines for the next person to see. Must be a fun game rich people play.

A message left by this millionaire for the next person to read. I say good advice.

A typical Arfcommers.

Poor?

Dan Bilzarians poker game winning.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
All that money and they're still paying ATM fees
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Who keeps those kind of balances in a checking account?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:49:09 AM EDT
[#3]
that top one is Canadian money so its only like $450 or so in USD
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:50:07 AM EDT
[#4]
They could be fake.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:54:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They could be fake.
View Quote

http://salesreceiptstore.com/novelty_ATM_receipts.html
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They could be fake.
View Quote

Not that uncommon depending on the area.

But some could also be business accounts.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:29:11 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a place online where you can order fake ATM receipts if you want. Maybe a great piece of "scratch paper" to give a girl your number.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:51:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

There is a place online where you can order fake ATM receipts if you want. Maybe a great piece of "scratch paper" to give a girl your number.
View Quote

I wrote something for a girl on the back of my ATM receipt once in a bar when I was 21.  The checking account had like 5k I had just moved from savings to buy a motorcycle.  I was drunk and didn't think about it.  The young woman acted like I was a freakin millionaire, lol.  Dated her for a few weeks and understood the thought process a little better.  Her account was negative almost the whole time I knew her.  

Man, it'd be comforting to see your 99million dollar balance in the bank.  I can't even imagine having that kind of $crilla.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Man, it'd be comforting to see your 99million dollar balance in the bank.  I can't even imagine having that kind of $crilla.
View Quote

That's Dan Bilzerian's ATM receipt.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#11]
There use to be a place you could buy fake ATM receipts from with large balances printed on them.  Had a friend that would leave one in the center cup holder of his car while he went into a gas station to grab a bottle of water whenever he went out on a date and then ask the date move the receipt so he could put the bottle of water in the cup holder.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

No kidding.

"Hey, let's park $100mm in a non-interest bearing account that's only insured to $250K."

Have to be fake. Or, the result of a wire or something that got immediately put someplace else.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

There use to be a place you could buy fake ATM receipts from with large balances printed on them.  Had a friend that would leave one in the center cup holder of his car while he went into a gas station to grab a bottle of water whenever he went out on a date and then ask the date move the receipt so he could put the bottle of water in the cup holder.
View Quote

Smooth ...
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Most of those are not impressive.  Not small, but not omfgbbq amounts.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No kidding.

"Hey, let's park $100mm in a non-interest bearing account that's only insured to $250K."

Have to be fake. Or, the result of a wire or something that got immediately put someplace else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.

I believe there was one, possibly that one, or similar that was a hedge funds cash holding accounts.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I seem to remember that guys used to be able to buy fake ATM receipts indicating HUGE balances just to have "handy" when giving their phone number to that "way too hot for me girl" they meet at a club.

In any case, whatever. There are plenty of miserable "rich" people as well and many of them end their lives short and violently.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it's a pretty safe bet that if your money skills are so poor that you have hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars in a checking account, you didn't make that money yourself.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

the kind of person who has lots of other money stashed elsewhere, or is making a large purchase?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#19]
You could have lots of boats and ho's with that scratch.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#20]

A couple hundred thousand is "rich?"

The $99M, if legit, is problem some sort of business credit line. I would almost guarantee that, no one keeps $100M sitting still in a zero interest bearing account.

The couple million dollar ones - could easily be from people selling a house and haven't bought anything or invested yet. California real estate can go for that. My house would be worth $600k if plucked up and set down in SoCal.

Not gaudy, class warfare and jealous and stupidity. Da komrade.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#21]
If you have that kind of money and actually pay atm surcharges/fees you are doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think it's a pretty safe bet that if your money skills are so poor that you have hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars in a checking account, you didn't make that money yourself.
View Quote

OTOH, if you're only withdrawing 80 bucks at a time, maybe you did...
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#23]
So many non-interest bearing account comments.

You guys realize that they can bear interest right?  The free checking accounts that the 99% have do not bear interest, but every bank has a high balance checking account program that draws up interest and additional protection.

Also, with those types of accounts and balances, don't think you're going to be left high and dry... banks takes care of you first.  You get preferential treatment, your fees are usually paid for, even if you get third party atm fees on very high balances.  It's a total different world out there than what you're used to.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guess you don't gamble much then, cause you'd be broke.

I've seen deposit accounts for some real "ballers" before, billionaires, and I have yet to see anyone that keeps anything more than 8 figures in one and even that's relatively rare. Most times it's 6 or 7 figures and often times it's a half-dozen personal accounts, then the business accounts for their various ventures.

They're going to put their larger amounts in actual investment accounts, not a checking getting half a percent or whatever. When you're worth billions, keeping a couple miillion in a checking account to play with isn't a big deal. But I'd agree that someone at or approaching $100mm in a checking/savings is either showing a temporary high or just stupid.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Every time I have to go to the bank and they see my account balance they try to get me to talk to someone saying, "this is way too much money in checking and savings!"

It always makes them sad when I laugh and say, "yeah and the vast majority is from my latest student loan disbursement and its already accruing 8% interest!  Thanks Obama!"
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I work for a big bank and I see people on a regular basis with tons of money like that in checking or savings accts. Personally I think it's crazy. Some have lots of money in brokerage and retirement accts some do not. The most I've seen was a lady that had 22 million spread out among different checking and savings accts. there's huge national businesses that I've seen that have hundreds of millions in the bank (which can be expected) but as far as local businesses the most I've seen is around 14 million. They also would spend roughly 100k a month on their credit card. They had lots of rewards points.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#27]
$99M in one bank checking account ?

So if the bank goes tits up....and assuming they have FDIC,  he's only covered for $250,000

Slight aroma of BS in here.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread reminds me of the scene in Clear And Present Danger when Jack Ryan pays for a Huey with a check.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Doesn't FDIC only insure up to $250K?

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

All that money and they're still paying ATM fees
View Quote
I get ATM fees refunded by my bank, so I use whatever is most convenient.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm far from being rich but do occasionally accumulate a decent balance in my personal checking account that I use most frequently. I move it into other funds quarterly or so unless I'm about to make a purchase or pay my taxes. A few years ago I had left an ATM receipt sitting on the table in my kitchen showing a balance of about $50K in the checking account. A woman I had just started dating came over for dinner that night, she saw the receipt but didn't mention it until a week or so later when she asked to borrow some money. She told me that she had already paid the interest up front the week before and gave me a coy smile, I told her that was just a service charge and put her ass on the road, I don't do well with gold diggers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Doesn't FDIC only insure up to $250K?

View Quote

Yeah but if it's in a trust each beneficiary can be insured up to the 250k up to 5 beneficiaries. Also depending on how acct titled.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm far from being rich but do occasionally accumulate a decent balance in my personal checking account that I use most frequently. I move it into other funds quarterly or so unless I'm about to make a purchase or pay my taxes. A few years ago I had left an ATM receipt sitting on the table in my kitchen showing a balance of about $50K in the checking account. A woman I had just started dating came over for dinner that night, she saw the receipt but didn't mention it until a week or so later when she asked to borrow some money. She told me that she had already paid the interest up front the week before and gave me a coy smile, I told her that was just a service charge and put her ass on the road, I don't do well with gold diggers.
View Quote

Now that's funny!
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#34]
My atm at the moment is 444.53

Oops typo.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
People who accidentally leave their ATM receipts in the ATM machines for the next person to see. Must be a fun game rich people play.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdGJ7M8CcAE9-Vy.jpg:large

A message left by this millionaire for the next person to read. I say good advice.

View Quote

He didn't build that

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#36]
While not as excessive as the receipts in the OP, a few years ago I was in one of the "cool" sections of Brooklyn waiting at an ATM behind a hipster going for the starving artist look. everything he had on was old, stained, or torn and It looked like he hadn't washed his hair in a week. He left his receipt in the machine, and his checking account had over a hundred thousand in it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I believe there was one, possibly that one, or similar that was a hedge funds cash holding accounts.
View Quote

A hedge fund's cash account doesn't strike me as the sort of account that would have an ATM card, or ATM access, or a need for ATM transactions.

Even a receipt from an in-person branch transaction seems unlikely.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#38]
When I was self employed I would have 30 to 60K at times , it is funny how fast a girl will glace at a atm receipt .
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You guys realize that they can bear interest right?  The free checking accounts that the 99% have do not bear interest, but every bank has a high balance checking account program that draws up interest and additional protection.
View Quote

Yeah, they pay about 0.1% right now if you shop around. Even a jumbo CD of at least a year isn't paying more than 1%.

Parking that much cash in a checking account a) is idiotic absent a clear, impending need for its liquidity and b) doesn't happen in real life as a result.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#40]
lol!  If you're keeping millions in checking long-term, you're a financial idiot.*

* Unless you have billions and you can blow through $500k in a weekend, in which case I'd like to party with you.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Fake.
My buddy gave me a stack of them once for Christmas.
We used to give girls our numbers on them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I read the title and the only thing I could think of was that some banks had started printing their receipts on paper like this:

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#43]
I had a real one with 80k in it once...did not feel real because it was already spent
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Mine will be that big when my deposit comes in from Nigeria.  All I had to do was pay $500 and I am getting $500million.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#45]
The advice in the note on the first one is ridiculous.  Don't focus on relationships, just the money?  Is he a modern day Ebemezer Scrooge?  I wouldn't trade my family for 100 times the balance on that receipt.  My family is the only real wealth I will ever have.  Money is an illusion.  There are plenty of millionaires who are sad despondent pricks because that is all they focused on. Wealth can come and go, good relationships are permanent.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The advice in the note on the first one is ridiculous.  Don't focus on relationships, just the money?  Is he a modern day Ebemezer Scrooge?  I wouldn't trade my family for 100 times the balance on that receipt.  My family is the only real wealth I will ever have.  Money is an illusion.  There are plenty of millionaires who are sad despondent pricks because that is all they focused on. Wealth can come and go, good relationships are permanent.
View Quote

Yea having no relationships with another human being wouldnt work at all for 99% of ppl....Maybe whoever wrote that is some autistic genius money maker or sole inheritent of wealth who has zero social skills
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some religious cultures don't believe in the concept charging/earning interest.  They keep their life savings in a basic checking acct.  

You will see this a lot among Middle Eastern and East Asian immigrants.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top