Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2015 4:26:18 PM EDT
I have never owned a Hi Point but have read a lot about them and from what I gather they are great.
I also hear a lot of people saying they are junk but I am getting the feeling these people do not actually own one and just consider anything that is not high priced to be inferior.  No one wants to accept that their 2000 dollar pistol is jamming every hundred rounds and a guy with a 150 dollar pistol has a more reliable gun.

I would like to know the real deal from owners of them.  I do not care what you think if you have not owned one or that your friend or some guy you saw had one that was junk because without the gun in your ownership and use you do not know why any problem you believe happened really happened.  For 150 dollars it is not a big deal either way but are they a gun you can trust your life to.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Delta and the seals use them. They don't talk about them though because they are so bad ass and cheap it's not a big deal if they loose them on missions.

If they talked about them, the price would go through the roof because people trying to be like them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
This has been discussed eleventy billion times. There is a thread you can read in the handgun forum.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Well balanced and ergo dynamically correct pinnacles of engineering with flawless fit and finish

Just a shame that Glock had trademarked the motto "Perfection" first. Hi Point is so much more deserving.

Never owned one, but have shot two. They work and that's about it.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Their alright.
Action: blowback.
Accuracy fair to good.
Reliability-use heavier bullets.
Cyclic rate-good to very good.
Single stack mag-tap em back tight.
Sights-a little small.
Target acquisition-only fair
Maintenance- lubricate and clean as any other.
Reliabliity-after break in, very good out to about 700 to 1000 rounds or a little more depending on model; they will let you know usually without a break-down as weapon will begin to feel kind of, "loose."
Would own: Have owned several models including 9mm carbine in the past.
Would own again: Why not.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot one when they were Mansfield Arms, or something like that.   Worked fine.  Reliable and cheap.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Delta and the seals use them. They don't talk about them though because they are so bad ass and cheap it's not a big deal if they loose them on missions.

If they talked about them, the price would go through the roof because people trying to be like them.
View Quote

I know that you are being sarcastic, but don't seals use sigs right now?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're willing to invest a little into it, it can be great.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Not crazy about them either but guys at work like them especially the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]
If the pistol fails,use the slide to brain em :)
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Ugly, heavy, cruddy ergonomics, good accuracy, very good functionality.

I have had a C-9 for a few yrs. Close to 30000 rnds. thru it first 600 was right out of the box with no cleaning, trying to make it fail.with ZERO FAILURES. it eats anything for ammo, factory, reloads, old green crap from an unknown box at an auction,
For the money you  cant lose Get one, hell get two.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#12]
They may not be tier 1 but they go bang and can be used as a club if they do jam
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Glock sued Hi-point for stealing their design.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you a gangbanger? If so, get BOTH, bro. You needs a "9" and a "fortay".
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Got a forty somewhere in my safe.
It goes bang every time.
Better than nothing if it's all you can afford.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Inexpensive, reliable, accurate and they piss off gun snobs to no end. Hell yeah, get one!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I have 500 rounds through my hi pony c9 and love it
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#18]
My brother has the .45 ACP High Point (all he could afford at the time).
I mixed 230 ball, 185 JHP and 200 LSWC in a mag and it gobbled them up with nary a problem.

I wish they'd make their carbine in 10mm- talk about a cheap trunk or boat gun!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#19]
They're better than Glock.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My brother has the .45 ACP High Point (all he could afford at the time).
I mixed 230 ball, 185 JHP and 200 LSWC in a mag and it gobbled them up with nary a problem.

I wish they'd make their carbine in 10mm- talk about a cheap trunk or boat gun!
View Quote

I already use their .40 as my trunk gun. Would love a 10mm version.

I had a couple of issues with the companion handgun at first. Just needing some deburring of the slide and feed ramp polishing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#21]
They are what they are...cheap pistols. However I believe they are decent quality cheap pistols.

I have friends that own .380 and 9mm versions of the Hi-Points..and they like them..I've shot them and wasn't just over-whelmingly impressed except they do work good.

The only Hi-Point product I own is a 995 carbine. I've shot it enough to know it works...and that I don't really like it. Have not had it out in several years...and the last time out it started jamming and my son experienced a 'hang-fire'......That said I've never ever cleaned it(been told these are a sum-beech to put back together)...and it was used and dirty when I got it...
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I've shot a 9mm and a .45 Hi-Point. They go bang when you pull the trigger and hit where you point them. They seem to function just fine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Their alright.
Action: blowback.
Accuracy fair to good.
Reliability-use heavier bullets.
Cyclic rate-good to very good.
Single stack mag-tap em back tight.
Sights-a little small.
Target acquisition-only fair
Maintenance- lubricate and clean as any other.
Reliabliity-after break in, very good out to about 700 to 1000 rounds or a little more depending on model; they will let you know usually without a break-down as weapon will begin to feel kind of, "loose."
Would own: Have owned several models including 9mm carbine in the past.
Would own again: Why not.
View Quote

Says it all.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#24]
They are cheap and go bang. If I only had 100 bucks to buy a gun that would be it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine broke once, I called the factory, they over nighted me a pile of parts, it's not broke any more.

Didn't cost me a dime.

Still ugly and heavy though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#26]
It's not a gun that I'd want to trust my life to, but I have better options. If it was a hi point or nothing I'd take a hi point.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I had a carbine like six years ago that I received as a gift. The ergonomics sucked, ease of disassembly.. Well I wouldn't use the ease...

It went bang when I pulled the trigger and hit what I was pointing it at.  I don't miss it though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#28]
There are people in extreme low income brackets who need some measure of protection and that's the demographic they go after.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Never owned a Hi Point pistol, so I can't speak with any experience about them. The Hi Point carbine on the other hand I can definitely share some first hand experiences.

I bought a .45acp carbine last year and have probably put about 1200 rounds through it. The thing is reliable as hell and hits where you aim it.

Never a single failure of any kind, and I've shot factory ammo, reloads, and even steel cased Tula through it. That's a claim I can't honestly make about some (four) of my much more expensive toys.

Ugly as it is, it still goes to the range with me almost every time. It feels heavy and clunky, and I really don't like the mag location (in the grip), or the limited capacity (9 rounds), but it's fun to shoot and has really low recoil which makes follow up shots easy and accurate.

I'd definitely buy another Hi Point carbine based on my experiences with my first one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#30]
All of the corpulent security guards carry one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

The savvy ones get Sigmas... Do you even Tier1 Bro?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well balanced and ergo dynamically correct pinnacles of engineering with flawless fit and finish

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj223/grim_sweeper/Hi-Point102.jpg
http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2013/11/25/2376044_01_custom_skulls_hi_point_9mm_pis_640.jpg

Just a shame that Glock had trademarked the motto "Perfection" first. Hi Point is so much more deserving.

Never owned one, but have shot two. They work and that's about it.

View Quote

I believe this fits their target audience well

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigma!!! tier one bro!!!! printer repairman bro!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Some of the ugliest guns made.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would rather have the HiPoint.  A buddy of mine had one he was pretty proud of.  It was the second worst trigger I ever shot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top