Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 10:45:34 PM EDT
So I'm working on watching the entire Star Wars series for the first time in years today... and on a side note I forgot just how good it was but also now I've got the urge for a Stormtrooper blaster... how hard would it be to make? I know they were just tricked out Sterling SMG's with short magazines so it shouldn't be too hard... it'd require a stamp too.

And this is the one I'm referring to:

And before someone says I wouldn't be able to hit shit, read away (unless of course sterlings suck in the accuracy department...?)
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

How is this a question?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless you mean to make a real firing weapon, why not just make a tube with all the gun parts on it. If you wanted a real firing gun, make a pistol out of it and just weld the stock shut...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope.

You should make a lightsaber....a real one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you mean to make a real firing weapon, why not just make a tube with all the gun parts on it. If you wanted a real firing gun, make a pistol out of it and just weld the stock shut...
View Quote

Ummmm for one thing, there is no question to make a firing replica. Secondly, century did act as distributor for a Sterling clone a few years ago that was pretty decent. Gotta find one though. I'd definitely do a stamp though, screw a welded stock
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want it to fire like a real laser,

Get yourself a ruby rod off of EBay. A 1/2" x 6" ruby rod will only set you back around $500 or so. Won`t make an explosion on the target but would be kind of neat.

Forgot to mention, the associated flashlamp, power supply, etc.....will get expensive. Still no explosions Hollywood style...so to speak.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
go over to RPF and get your geek on

RPF
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you want it to fire like a real laser,

Get yourself a ruby rod off of EBay. A 1/2" x 6" ruby rod will only set you back around $500 or so. Won`t make an explosion on the target but would be kind of neat.

Forgot to mention, the associated flashlamp, power supply, etc.....will get expensive. Still no explosions Hollywood style...so to speak.

View Quote
Why the fuck would you not use a laser pointer as the base, rather than expensive older tech?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#8]
The Sterling SMG is cool enough without some cheesy space movie crap taped to it... but do whatever you want, Trekkie. I'm sure it'll look great up on the mantle next to your sweet action figure collection.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Sterling SMG is cool enough without some cheesy space movie crap taped to it... but do whatever you want, Trekkie. I'm sure it'll look great up on the mantle next to your sweet action figure collection.  http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/Xksld/7FF90A50-B4B3-4AB3-8C63-56AB65BE686E-267-000000488E9183B2.jpg
View Quote

You do have a point.... the thing is just sexy what kinda accuracy are you getting? And the extra crap would just be the equivalent to rail covers up front, optics mount, and some sort of optic.

But calling me a trekkie!? Dem bees fightin words in all seriousness though, the geekness is limited to knowledge
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Star Wars

Good

Pick one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I knew "Trekkie" would get you riled up.

I got my sterling carbine well after they disappeared from the gunshops. Armslist, gunbroker, or backpage are where to look. As far as accuracy, I couldn't say. I fired off less than a mag just to check function and then stored it away with the intent of SBRing it eventually. I will say it is a super smooth shooter. Lots of springspace and a heavy bolt make it a real pleasure to fire.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#12]
So they had MG34's in Star Wars?

(just looking at the pic in the OP)
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I knew "Trekkie" would get you riled up.

I got my sterling carbine well after they disappeared from the gunshops. Armslist, gunbroker, or backpage are where to look. As far as accuracy, I couldn't say. I fired off less than a mag just to check function and then stored it away with the intent of SBRing it eventually. I will say it is a super smooth shooter. Lots of springspace and a heavy bolt make it a real pleasure to fire.
View Quote

Well thats good to hear. I'll definitely be on the hunt! Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. The "heavy" stormtrooper blasters were just straight up MG42's
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Lol did not read. Like holy shit, I got through the first ten frames, then was like wtf these are still going.....

Nope. Nope nope nope
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#16]
YES
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:40:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lol did not read. Like holy shit, I got through the first ten frames, then was like wtf these are still going.....

Nope. Nope nope nope
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are lots of subtle Nazi references in Star Wars.  "Stormtroopers" is one of the more obvious ones.

WWII combat footage heavily influenced the movie also.  Compare a Bofors 40mm in action to the gun turrets firing on the Millenium Falcon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yes.

How is this a question?
View Quote

My sentiments exactly!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:35:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the Lewis gun more. Looks more badass.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top