Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2015 12:13:28 PM EDT
I've been looking at the Sneaky Pete holsters & was curious if anyone around here had any experience with them.

If you do/have used them -

They seem bulky in the pictures, are they comfortable to carry?

Are they difficult to draw from?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
There is nothing sneaky about something everyone is going to recognize as a holster.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one for my 238. Not bulky or heavy. Draw from it wasnt difficult, but takes training.

Great option for carry i think. And these days as many people have personal and work phones, nobody questio,s it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is nothing sneaky about something everyone is going to recognize as a holster.
View Quote

Just tell people it's an insulin pump or a colostomy bag.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
thatsrealretardedsir.jpg
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
thatsrealretardedsir.jpg
View Quote

fag-bag
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It looks like a large cell phone holster or some other device.  What about that looks like a gun holster?

Not saying I'd wear one but it's a novel way to hide something in plain sight. It doesn't look like it'd be too easy to draw from.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said it was insulin pump. Just about the right size.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Use one for some carry with shorts. Works great. You do need to practice drawing from it until the muscle memory is in place. No one who has ever seen me wearing it has ever questioned what it was.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one for my lcp. I stick it in my bowling bag when I go, that's the only time it's ever been used and it fills that roll nicely. It's really not that bad of a holster.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Use one for some carry with shorts. Works great. You do need to practice drawing from it until the muscle memory is in place. No one who has ever seen me wearing it has ever questioned what it was.
View Quote

Summer carry has always been an issue for me. I wear business casual most of the time & print badly with IWB holsters.

This seems like a good way to carry OWB and still remain concealed.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Believable.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump for evening crew.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one for my s&w shield. I really like it. Though I have only had it for a few days. Way more comfortable and easier to draw from than an IWB holster.

The odds of anyone recognizing it as a firearm holster are rather slim in my opinion. But I am sure hordes of delta airlines operator trained criminals are waiting around every corner to slither up stealthily behind me, take my gun then blow both my feet off with it for wearing such a blaringly obvious holster.

If someone is going to notice they are going to notice. I have seen more than one guy who was obviously carrying a gun IWB.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#14]
my buddy has one and after telling some people what it actually is they are surprised, most thought it was a cell phone case. I've never asked him how the draw is from it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
my buddy has one and after telling some people what it actually is they are surprised, most thought it was a cell phone case. I've never asked him how the draw is from it.
View Quote

Like others have said, it probably takes some practice, but it's probably faster than from an IWB holster.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I use a talon holster, I like that it is easy to draw from and the holster remains in your pocket.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 on the talon.  The only bad thing is if you carry it like a wallet and actually sit on it eventually it crushes and starts to print.  A couple of koozies between it and the outer layer of your pocket hide it but that's a little awkward.

I tried cutting a piece of dense foam to shim up the area around the trigger guard but kinda lost interest.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#18]
On it's Sneaky Pete?

I always had fudds come in and ask about them and thought they were saying stinky pete.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
+1 on the talon.  The only bad thing is if you carry it like a wallet and actually sit on it eventually it crushes and starts to print.  A couple of koozies between it and the outer layer of your pocket hide it but that's a little awkward.

I tried cutting a piece of dense foam to shim up the area around the trigger guard but kinda lost interest.
View Quote

I had my wallet made by Meco and he doubled the back panel for me to prevent that very thing. Works so far. If I get a couple years out of it I'm happy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#20]
nah I just use my "outdoor" vest. No one suspects anything. Completely blend in with the civilian populous. ( I just refer to them as civilians to separate them from us law abiding CCW holders)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top