User Panel

Page / 235
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

please tell me you're not serious.

Those games are from the 60's and early 70's

I'll be the first one to admit FSU wasn't shit back then. That was before being in the ACC and before Bowden.....basically before we had a football team.

FSU didn't "arrive" until the late 80's.

But yes, I guess your right......"they've had our number in the past"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few drinks in.....Just came back to say our bowl selection is BS.

fuck Houston

I'm bitter.

Also, my earlier prediction before the selection committee came out....I stand by it.

Why?
Vegas only opened FSU as a 6.5 point favorite.
It's not like you are expected to blow them out.
They would be 12-0 if Greg Ward didn't sit out 1 game nursing an injury.

I  guess well see how far off I am. 6.5 points?.....they'll cover that by mid-first quarter and never look back.

FSU will be up by 3 TDs or more and then they'll pull the starters.

Only thing that will hurt FSU is they really having nothing to "play for". No statements to be made by winning this game. Houston on the other hand..... Gur-ran-teeeeee they would love to put that feather in their cap of chopping down a Goliath like that from a power-5

Isn't U of H 12-2 all time against "Goliath" FSU?

please tell me you're not serious.

Those games are from the 60's and early 70's

I'll be the first one to admit FSU wasn't shit back then. That was before being in the ACC and before Bowden.....basically before we had a football team.

FSU didn't "arrive" until the late 80's.

But yes, I guess your right......"they've had our number in the past"

It's the 60s and 70s all over again, it seems.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, FSU getting beat up by Houston.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm glad people are finally coming around to this way of thinking.

I have no idea why people want to limit the number of teams in the playoffs to even 8.

32 would be awesome with a 5 game playoff. Holy shit that would be great. Limit the regular season to 10 games and only 2 teams would play the full 15.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks fairly obvious that Houston is just the better team across the board. Hell I bet Houston could play with any of the playoff teams.

That's 1 of the reasons the playoffs need to be expanded.
Occassially a group of 5 team comes along that can play with the "bigger" schools.
And with only 4 spots available they will continually be snubbed.
The only game Houston lost was when Ward their QB sat out nursing an injury. Even if they had went 13-0 they still wouldn't have cracked the final 4.
Crying shame.

I have no idea why people want to limit the number of teams in the playoffs to even 8.

32 would be awesome with a 5 game playoff. Holy shit that would be great. Limit the regular season to 10 games and only 2 teams would play the full 15.

I'm all for that. It would take 31 "Bowl Games" to run that format. They could use the other 10 bowl games for whatever the heck they wanted to.
I would love to be waiting to see Houston play Wisconsin or someone like that in the next round.
Or Wisconsins defense vs Baylors offense.
I just don't understand how the powers to be don't see that. It would bring so much interest and attention to the game and generate one helluva lot of $.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Just caught up live.

FSU hasn't looked worse all year. O-line can't block and SMAG can't make a decision.

Being outplayed and out coached
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There are a lot of teams like these where the players have chip on their shoulder because Texas, A&M, OU ext didn't even offer them. You get a coach like Herman who uses that as a development tool and you get two of the most important things a team can have. They play really hard every single down and they play for each other.

The playoffs should be expanded to allow some of these teams in for no reason other than to knock off a complacent OU or Bama (or any other top ranked team) in an early round because they overlooked them.

Yeah I know I will be in the minority on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man we're getting worked. I've tried to see the bright side all year but we have a serious deficit at QB this year, even with Golson. That should get fixed next year but this might be a long 2nd half for the Noles today.

Also, first I've seen of Houston this year. Really impressed with Herman.

There are a lot of teams like these where the players have chip on their shoulder because Texas, A&M, OU ext didn't even offer them. You get a coach like Herman who uses that as a development tool and you get two of the most important things a team can have. They play really hard every single down and they play for each other.

The playoffs should be expanded to allow some of these teams in for no reason other than to knock off a complacent OU or Bama (or any other top ranked team) in an early round because they overlooked them.

I'd love to see it too, but it won't ever happen. It would just be an excuse to put more helmet schools in the playoffs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Houston has been a legit contender this year, unfortunately they are not a sec/big 10/big 12 team so they don't get the coverage or the respect in the polls. As someone else said, only game we lost this year was without our star QB.

It's been a fun year as a season ticket holder, getting to storm the field after the championship game was one of my highlights this year!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man we're getting worked. I've tried to see the bright side all year but we have a serious deficit at QB this year, even with Golson. That should get fixed next year but this might be a long 2nd half for the Noles today.

Houston has been a legit contender this year, unfortunately they are not a sec/big 10/big 12 team so they don't get the coverage or the respect in the polls. As someone else said, only game we lost this year was without our star QB.

It's been a fun year as a season ticket holder, getting to storm the field after the championship game was one of my highlights this year!

Sounds like your a pretty big college footaball fan.
You should spend more time in here contributing to this thread. You're just going to have to stop creating additional threads in GD about other teams if you do.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This "I'm the only person that wants an expanded playoff" thing is as weird as your "the SEC did this," schtick.

Who on this board, has ever said they didnt want an expanded playoff?

Watching non-P5 teams knock off P5 teams in bowl games is already awesome. Watching GA Southern, or the Rockets or whoever beat an Oregon or Clemson in a true playoff format would be glorious.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just caught up live.

FSU hasn't looked worse all year. O-line can't block and SMAG can't make a decision.

View Quote

You think there's a possibility the players and coaches overlooked Houston kind of like you did when the bowl matchups were announced?
You were pissed and said y'all (quote): "got fucked" (unquote)
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You think there's a possibility the players and coaches overlooked Houston kind of like you did when the bowl matchups were announced?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just caught up live.

I think this is a definitely possibility, I was a afraid something like this would happen when we played NIU a few years back.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think this is a definitely possibility, I was a afraid something like this would happen when we played NIU a few years back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just caught up live.

Bowl games are a weird animal. Some teams come to play and some come for the festivities.
Smaller schools will usually show up to play when they get a chance to prove something vs the "big boys"
The only teams not dealing with this dynamic will be the 4 playoff teams.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh shit, Greg Ward is down. This could be a disaster for the Coogs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have no idea whether to laugh or shake my head.

There are example THIS year of people wanting to limit the playoffs. Do you just not read the thread or just ignore those posts?

There are examples from past years where people claimed picking just two teams to play like the BCS did it was more than adequate to name a champion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This "I'm the only person that wants an expanded playoff" thing is as weird as your "the SEC did this," schtick.

Watching non-P5 teams knock off P5 teams in bowl games is already awesome. Watching GA Southern, or the Rockets or whoever beat an Oregon or Clemson in a true playoff format would be glorious.

There are example THIS year of people wanting to limit the playoffs. Do you just not read the thread or just ignore those posts?

There are examples from past years where people claimed picking just two teams to play like the BCS did it was more than adequate to name a champion.

Like I said the last time this came up, then post even a single link, which you didnt and still havent. If it's been happening in this very thread, it should be damn easy to link to it.

The only "limiting" I've seen is that some folks think 8 would be enough. But guess what? 8 > 4, so that's in fact arguing for MORE games.

Hell, the entirety of the media - the very 1st year of the playoffs, thought it should be expanded to 8 or 16. ESPN showed polling data from coaches/AD and sports media, EVERYONE wanted it expanded past 4. Because 4 is retarded and still just a popularity contest. Hell, that was the whole damn narrative from everyone. That 4 isnt enough.

Your whole "im the only one that ever wanted expanded" is one of the more insane things I've seen in this thread. Literally EVERYONE wanted more than 4 since its very inception.

Hell, google "college football 4 enough 2014" and the hundreds of thousands of hits make it pretty clear you're full of crap.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can confirm, I don't want an expanded playoff.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'm all for that. It would take 31 "Bowl Games" to run that format. They could use the other 10 bowl games for whatever the heck they wanted to.

I would love to be waiting to see Houston play Wisconsin or someone like that in the next round.

I just don't understand how the powers to be don't see that. It would bring so much interest and attention to the game and generate one helluva lot of $.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks fairly obvious that Houston is just the better team across the board. Hell I bet Houston could play with any of the playoff teams.

Occassially a group of 5 team comes along that can play with the "bigger" schools.

The only game Houston lost was when Ward their QB sat out nursing an injury. Even if they had went 13-0 they still wouldn't have cracked the final 4.

Crying shame.

I would watch a lot less football if there were a 16+ playoff.

I'd still watch Ohio state games and probably a decent number of plaoff games but not other teams regular season games. It would ruin ncaaf.

"Only 5 losses, were in!!!!"

8 please.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhhhh crap. You done gone and did it. That means NOONE wants an expanded playoff and it has only ever been the tinfoiled texan wanting more. I mean, despite the fact that there are thousands and thousands of articles calling for more than 4, as soon as 4 was announced.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you care to give a reason why?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would watch a lot less football if there were a 16+ playoff.    I'd still watch Ohio state games and probably a decent number of plaoff games but not other teams regular season games. It would ruin ncaaf.

8 please.
View Quote

Even in a 32, which I think is too many, I doubt you'd see more than a 3 loss team get in. There are about a trillion college football teams. Especially when you include teams outside the P5. I think you could find plenty of 2-3 loss teams at the end of a slightly shortened season. However with 32, I think you would have to do away with conference championship games. Yeah... FUCK that. I think 16 would be great, you could still easily have conference championship games. But I could settle for an 8.

You dont count though, you think 8 is enough. It's only been the texan calling for more. 8 is not more than 4.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your whole "im the only one that ever wanted expanded" is one of the more insane things I've seen in this thread. Literally EVERYONE wanted more than 4 since it's very inception.

lol

Haven't checked in this thread in a while.....did you guys get your spartan shirts in time?

How is everyone?  
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Haven't checked in this thread in a while.....did you guys get your spartan shirts in time?

How is everyone?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your whole "im the only one that ever wanted expanded" is one of the more insane things I've seen in this thread. Literally EVERYONE wanted more than 4 since it's very inception.

lol

How is everyone?  

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Darn you noles, don't mess up my pick em by losing to cougar high
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I would watch a lot less football if there were a 16+ playoff.    I'd still watch Ohio state games and probably a decent number of plaoff games but not other teams regular season games. It would ruin ncaaf.

8 please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crying shame.

8 please.

LOL
I seriously doubt there would be many if any 5 loss teams in a Top 32 playoff bracket.
Especially if there were only 10 regular season games.
The Final Top 25 playoff rankings this year only had 2 teams at 8-4. Tennessee and USC.
Yet the bowl games are full of 6-6 and even 5-7 teams now.
What were talking about here is 32 QUALITY teams playing in 31 of the 41 bowl games in a bracketed allignment.
College Basketball does it with what? 64 teams? And it's one of the most anticipated sporting events every year.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Even in a 32, which I think is too many, I doubt you'd see more than a 3 loss team get in. There are about a trillion college football teams. Especially when you include teams outside the P5. I think you could find plenty of 2-3 loss teams at the end of a slightly shortened season. However with 32, I think you would have to do away with conference championship games. Yeah... FUCK that. I think 16 would be great, you could still easily have conference championship games. But I could settle for an 8.

You dont count though, you think 8 is enough. It's only been the texan calling for more. 8 is not more than 4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

8 please.

In all fairness I've called for 16 for a while. Especially last year.
I've somewhat given up on that pipe dream and have now voiced my wishes for 8.
When we get to 8 I'll jump back on the 16 bandwagon.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Darn you noles, don't mess up my pick em by losing to cougar high
View Quote

This is gonna screw me big too.
I have 30 something points on the Noles.
On the other hand I took Houston +7 in my pickem money contest.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Huge drive by the Coogs with a much needed TD! Two TD lead with 6 left, come on baby!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

8 please.

This houston/fsu game is making an AWESOME case for why more than 8 should happen. I would just be afraid of a 32 preventing conf champ games. If conferences could keep those, I'd be fine with a 32. Once you get that "deep" you get to see the crazy matchups that will NEVER happen outside of a deep play off. Which, btw is the exact same thing I said last year. I want to see UF vs BYU or Arizona vs Michigan or Stanford vs Miami. Stuff that under the current system, just wont ever happen.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Bowl games are a weird animal. Some teams come to play and some come for the festivities.
Smaller schools will usually show up to play when they get a chance to prove something vs the "big boys"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just caught up live.

I won't take away from Houston, they look,very good and game planned well.

We didn't come to play and it shows.

Pathetic showing by both players and coaches.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This houston/fsu game is making an AWESOME case for why more than 8 should happen. I would just be afraid of a 32 preventing conf champ games. If conferences could keep those, I'd be fine with a 32. Once you get that "deep" you get to see the crazy matchups that will NEVER happen outside of a deep play off. Which, btw is the exact same thing I said last year. I want to see UF vs BYU or Arizona vs Michigan or Stanford vs Miami. Stuff that under the current system, just wont ever happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

8 please.

I'd be ok foregoing conference Champinship games to expand the playoffs. Many times those games are repeats of regular season games and are not the unique matchups you're referring to.
If you look at the top 16 teams in the playoff committee rankings Houston and Baylor would both still not have qualified.
We will never see 32 much less 16.
8 is probably the best we can hope for truthfully.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Sad for the player, hilarious for their dipshit little man of a head coach.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#34]
More than 16 teams would be foolishness. If you look at the differences in talent and production, there is a huge gap between the top tier and the rest. Look at last year's B1!G championship:  there is no question that Wisconsin was clearly the best in the West, yet the Badgers had no chance against OSU, and were crushed. That kind of gap exists in all the major conferences. There is no realistic expectation or chance for #30 to beat #3, and I would argue that we don't need to see it played out on the field. #16 and #1 is a significantly different quality matchup. Speaking as a fan of the #26 or something team, I say no thank you. Everybody saw that game back in September, and it went as expected - a blowout. I'd be satisfied with 8 and happy with 16. There's no need for more.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just caught up live.

Like I said before, bowl games are just a different animal. I watch them every year and a lot of teams just don't show up.

Whether its ring rust from the layoff, too much partying, premier players not wanting to get injured and screw up their draft chance or just a lot of nothing to play for really in most cases.

I can tell you that when I was an 18-20 yo college guy that if I had went to the Bahamas Bowl and been wined and dined at celebrity level status that football would have been the farthest thing from my mind.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#36]
That should be ball game for Houston.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'd be ok foregoing conference Champinship games to expand the playoffs.
View Quote

We're not friends.

Conference champs are way too big of a part of college ball to ever get rid of.

It's also an integral shit talking bullet point.

FYI - for those interested starting around page 200 of last years thread... EVERYONE is talking about more than 4 teams for the final... Yet, conspicously the tinfoiled texan isnt prominently in that discussion. Instead it's conspiracy talk of the SEC not letting certain teams play Texas in a bowl game (pg 209).
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#38]
OU/Clemson gonna be soooo chippy. O/U 9.5 personal fouls.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm surprised Clemson is instigating so much smack talk.  They have the scoreboard, they really don't need to say anything.

Whatever though, hopefully OU wins.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#40]
so glad Houston never had a chance in this game
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm surprised Clemson is instigating so much smack talk.  They have the scoreboard, they really don't need to say anything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like OU big.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#42]
The Seminoles at work are gonna hate me come monday morning.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Couldn't be more disgusted by the playing and play calling.

It's one thing to lose in a dog fight, it's another to just screw up everything and look lost and basically play like you don't care and gave up in the first quarter.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haha yup!! Was gonna be a blow out, I think I was told we would be tasting Seminole dick for a while by someone on here lmao.

Two TD victory over FSU sure is sweet!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, well if we had a crow emoticon or and egg on face emoticon I'd post it
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Haha yup!! Was gonna be a blow out, I think I was told we would be tasting Seminole dick for a while by someone on here lmao.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys need to hang onto that coach at whatever cost and try to build something there. Looks like Herman is out there crootin' and kids are buying it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Awesome way to end it.

SMAG you suck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#48]
We don't have any resident Clemson fans do we?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You guys need to hang onto that coach at whatever cost and try to build something there. Looks like Herman is out there crootin' and kids are buying it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

UH won't be able to match what UT will want to pay for him next year

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Seminoles at work are gonna hate me come monday morning.
View Quote

As though you razzing them about this game has anything to do with that.
Page / 235
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top