Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2015 3:45:50 PM EDT
the setup is going to be a 10.5" or 10.3" barrel with a FSP with a DD 9.5"fsb lite rail II, i picked up from aim for super cheap.

going to look something like this.

goals are mainly keeping the setup light but also keep the db down and not add to much length with a suppressor.
i really like the look of the rail with the FSP setup.

so the suppressor im looking at right now are

Gemtech Trek-T                         5.7"/10.3oz    $845  -29db reduction

SAS Sentinel                           7"/10oz          $775  -34db reduction

Saker 556 K w/direct thread mount  5.8"/ 14.7oz   $745 (with the direct thread mount)  -24db to -34db ( site only says average 136db)
i think the direct thread mount would make the saker a little lighter but not by much.

i think im going to do direct thread with these since the currently my suppressed SBRs generally stay with the same suppressor, even though i have QD for all of them, they dont really move.

i have never had any experience with Gemtech or SAS i have had no issued with with my saker 556,

i have read that some direct thread suppressors come loose after a lot of shooting, is that with all suppressors or just with certain brands?

for those that have direct threads and dedicated suppressed uppers, do you wish you would have gone QD to use it without the suppressor sometimes.

currently i own:

AAC SPR/M4
AAC 762 SDN 6
Silencerco Saker 556
coming soon:
AAC SR5( i have about another month for the stamp to come in)

it will look something close to this when finished but obviously without the rail covers and one of these cans instead of the surefire can.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sitting here trying to convince myself not to upgrade from the SF SOCOM762 to the new SOCOM SPS. I've only had the 762 for a year.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Innovative arms Grunt?
G.A. Spartan?
Trek-T is a great option
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
78 DB, yo.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

i totally forgot about that one..

78db* here i come!

(* = douche bag rating)
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Trek-T on a 10.5" and it sounds really good.  Excellent can.  Only real issue is keeping the direct thread can tight.  I am currently trying removable locktite to see how will it holds.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Innovative arms Grunt?
G.A. Spartan?
Trek-T is a great option
View Quote

i was looking at the grunt as well, its cheaper, but it had less db and little more weight than the trek-t,

after running miles with my rifle a few time.. weight is super important to me, but also i dont think 3oz should break me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've got a Trek-T on a 10.5" and it sounds really good.  Excellent can. Only real issue is keeping the direct thread can tight. I am currently trying removable locktite to see how will it holds.
View Quote

thats another thing im kinda worried about it the direct thread.

would it be beneficial to just do a QD and have it stay on their..
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I used 1100 degree silver solder on my trek On 11.5" upper. Permanently mounted now
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I used 1100 degree silver solder on my trek On 11.5" upper. Permanently mounted now
View Quote

Hmmm... if you "permanently" mount the suppressor to an SBR, does that 'extend' the barrel and possibly avoid an NFA stamp for the SBR? I'm thinking of doing a 300 build with a 10.5 inch barrel and 7.6" YHM Ti. It would be dedicated suppressed like OP is contemplating... would be nice to avoid one of those two $200 tax hits.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hmmm... if you "permanently" mount the suppressor to an SBR, does that 'extend' the barrel and possibly avoid an NFA stamp for the SBR? I'm thinking of doing a 300 build with a 10.5 inch barrel and 7.6" YHM Ti. It would be dedicated suppressed like OP is contemplating... would be nice to avoid one of those two $200 tax hits.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if its permanently mounted then yes, no sbr required (provided its longer than 16")
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]

BCM 11.5 with KAC URX 4 rail, dedicated M4-2000 can, M300 light and Aimpoint T1.

ETA: I built the upper with a Syrac adjustable has block. I couldn't recommend that gas block enough. I have it tuned just right so there's negligible gas blowback in your face when firing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top