Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/13/2015 9:29:45 PM EDT
So in this theory /fantasy thread I'd like the hive opinion on Guerrilla Warfare

Lets say the progs takes off the mask and goes full bore batshit crazy turn truly despotic and the .mil and LEO go right along with them. Genocide, camps  food rationing every SHTF fantasy that would mobilize you. whatever that may be.

How effective would you expect the American people to be in conducting Guerrilla Warfare
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
i was hoping that this would be a serious thread. if this thread is seious, read david galula
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i was hoping that this would be a serious thread. if this thread is seious, read david galula
View Quote

well I mean I suppose it could be serious but really the odds of the conditions to cause  the populace to go into a  war like that proposed are essentially impossible in my  mind, however if you'd like to  treat it as serious topic please go ahead.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#3]
History's most effective guerillas come from some of the poorest societies on earth. Most of them are so fanatically devoted to their cause that they abandon regard for human life, not only their enemies but that of their comrades and innocents. You just don't find that in the west, even in elite military units. It's that third world hardness that even the toughest, non-criminally insane Americans will never have.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#5]

fuck that i'm more afraid of monkeys

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Was that pic taken at the Balimore zoo
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
If you are talking about the government going crazy on us they probably would have a problem. You have to realize the amount of men in this country who are still true blooded Americans, even though the liberals hate us we would stand up. Many people have military a policee training so right there you have guys with tactics. Plus the amount of firepower us as civilians own is awesome. The other thing is a majority of people in the military and police would not go for it. Also logistics the government would have a hard time keeping up supplying their guys since I am sure small unit raids would happen.

This is just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I've not thought too hard on the matter, but I'd be willing to bet a "crackdown" wouldn't go as planned for a multitude of reasons.  

First, don't assume the civilian LEO's and the US military and/or National Guard units would go along in step with such orders. I have faith that a good portion of all branches would not only hesitate to carry out such BS orders, they would refuse and actually step in and fulfill their oath.

Secondly, as it has already mentioned I too believe there are enough former military and LEO's with enough knowledge and savvy to put up one hell of a fight using small unit tactics, etc, to keep the government off balance.

I'll stop there.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've not thought too hard on the matter, but I'd be willing to bet a "crackdown" wouldn't go as planned for a multitude of reasons.  

First, don't assume the civilian LEO's and the US military and/or National Guard units would go along in step with such orders. I have faith that a good portion of all branches would not only hesitate to carry out such BS orders, they would refuse and actually step in and fulfill their oath.

Secondly, as it has already mentioned I too believe there are enough former military and LEO's with enough knowledge and savvy to put up one hell of a fight using small unit tactics, etc, to keep the government off balance.

I'll stop there.
View Quote

Anyone who's been in the military knows there are plenty of military personnel who would go along with it without giving it a second thought.

Too many people "have faith" that the military is comprised of people who understand or even care about the Constitution. They have no idea.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#11]
For you to assume that the Military and civilian law enforcement will stand down,and not follow orders,only means you have dismissed what history and its lessons have taught us,over and over again !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

For you to assume that the Military and civilian law enforcement will stand down,and not follow orders,only means you have dismissed what history and its lessons have taught us,over and over again !!!!!!!
View Quote

shhh.

arfcom thinks the military and police are heroes of the Constitution.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd want a few howlers for psyops, some swinging monkeys for canopy security, lots of baboons to support the heavies, which would be the gorillas.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

*snickering*
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Beat me to some lame joke about gorillas I was going to post.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How effective would you expect the American people to be in conducting Guerrilla Warfare
View Quote

Depends.  If society is still together and the supermarkets are still open, I think Americans could be very effective.

If people have to feed themselves.....I think the effectiveness would drop drastically.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I know when I served in the Marines in the late 80s and early 90s the consensus among the folks I served with was that we would not turn our guns on our own countrymen.  I realize that was a long time ago, but I bet the feelings have not changed that much.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
i was hoping that this would be a serious thread. if this thread is seious, read david galula Maj. H. Von Dach
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I have ulcerative colitis, so the a hallmark tactic of apes throwing feces is not an option for me. I don't know how I'd do.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're truly interested, look into the level of support from foreign nations which most successful insurgencies receive (and even unsuccessful ones, for that matter).
From where would Americans get such support?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you're truly interested, look into the level of support from foreign nations which most successful insurgencies receive (and even unsuccessful ones, for that matter).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia and China would support the right wing insurgency in the US and by attacking the US DoD abroad. The more internal conflict they can get us in, the better off they will be. Still wanna riot?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not meant to be a hit on leo but training from a police academy would have nothing to add to actual warfare, unless we're taking prisoners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are talking about the government going crazy on us they probably would have a problem. You have to realize the amount of men in this country who are still true blooded Americans, even though the liberals hate us we would stand up. Many people have military a policee training so right there you have guys with tactics. Plus the amount of firepower us as civilians own is awesome. The other thing is a majority of people in the military and police would not go for it. Also logistics the government would have a hard time keeping up supplying their guys since I am sure small unit raids would happen.

Not meant to be a hit on leo but training from a police academy would have nothing to add to actual warfare, unless we're taking prisoners.

I'd have to disagree with this. Police have basic familiarization with firearms, tactics, first aid, radio communications and hand to hand fighting. None of it is likely all that great but it is better then someone with no training at all. They likely have pretty advanced training in emergency driving. They have experience in dangerous situations and have seen blood and death up close.

More importantly they have an intimate knowledge of their local area and it's population. They know who is who in the area, like who the local fed LEO's are for example. They also know the criminal element like who to buy contraband materials from. Most importantly they know how local security forces operate. They know how things are investigated, like how security forces might try to track down and guerrilla cell. They know how to evade capture better then most because they have been on the other side of the search. A former bomb squad member would probably be a very effective IED maker if they put their mind to it.

Maybe they wouldn't be real good at setting up an L shaped ambush against dismounted platoon of soldiers in a rural area but they would make excellent urban guerrillas. If you had a group with former LEO's and former military combat arms guys then I think they would pretty effective.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

History's most effective guerillas come from some of the poorest societies on earth. Most of them are so fanatically devoted to their cause that they abandon regard for human life, not only their enemies but that of their comrades and innocents. You just don't find that in the west, even in elite military units. It's that third world hardness that even the toughest, non-criminally insane Americans will never have.
View Quote
VC sat a good example.  They were so effective because they were willing to spend months in the rainforest without a roof eating rat meat and cold rice.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't think they have the numbers for sustained control of the US population.

How many total active duty Military + Reserves + NG + LEO's are there?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'd want a few howlers for psyops, some swinging monkeys for canopy security, lots of baboons to support the heavies, which would be the gorillas.
View Quote

Organtuans. they are the clever ones. You want a bunch on your team.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Depends.  If society is still together and the supermarkets are still open, I think Americans could be very effective.

If people have to feed themselves.....I think the effectiveness would drop drastically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No supermarkets? That's just chaos and riots then. Every man for himself. The culling will be immense. No rules.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Unlike other guerrilla wars, this one would put general military up against the smartest people in the world.  In Vietnam Iraq and Afghanistan we fought uneducated mobs of indoctrinated poor country folk.  Here they would be up against the doctors, chemists, farmers, and engineers who wrote the text books they learned from.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'd have to disagree with this. Police have basic familiarization with firearms, tactics, first aid, radio communications and hand to hand fighting. None of it is likely all that great but it is better then someone with no training at all. They likely have pretty advanced training in emergency driving. They have experience in dangerous situations and have seen blood and death up close.

More importantly they have an intimate knowledge of their local area and it's population. They know who is who in the area, like who the local fed LEO's are for example. They also know the criminal element like who to buy contraband materials from. Most importantly they know how local security forces operate. They know how things are investigated, like how security forces might try to track down and guerrilla cell. They know how to evade capture better then most because they have been on the other side of the search. A former bomb squad member would probably be a very effective IED maker if they put their mind to it.

Maybe they wouldn't be real good at setting up an L shaped ambush against dismounted platoon of soldiers in a rural area but they would make excellent urban guerrillas. If you had a group with former LEO's and former military combat arms guys then I think they would pretty effective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

k lol

What's your local cop shop's SOP for reacting to far ambush?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn't work without LEO and mil involvement.  They would have to get them "on board" with any takeover, or it's dead before it begins.

People like to eat, and if you threw in a couple of statements about terrorism, you would have plenty that would follow.

But I bet there would be a few active, or formerly active, hardcore fuckers out there that would be willing to teach you a thing or two.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course. They could be the SEALs
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

k lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

k lol

No idea, though I'm sure they have one for reacting to a near ambush since that happens often enough to cops. Why would they need one if they are the insurgents? They should be the ones doing the ambushing. Are insurgents dressed in civilian clothes operating in urban areas normally on the receiving end of a far ambush? I'm picturing former LEO's taking part in an urban insurgency like US forces went up against in Iraq, you seem to be picturing police agencies being targeted by guerrillas.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Riots would be short-lived. People go without food, water, electricity for a few days and they'll get compliant really quickly. Offer three hots and a cot in a "protected area" (like a former WalMart...) and those who survived the urban carnage would gladly toe the line.  Look at Katrina. Those who were trapped for a few days happily marched into the Superdome for a chance to have food, water and shelter.

The cops gladly confiscated weapons and forced self-reliant people out of their homes.  (Take note, preppers.) Ditto for the .mil. Now, I realize Katrina wasn't exactly FO time but it was a nice little dress rehersal.

And, as for LEO and .mil "loyalty", I would imagine a few would join some kind of resistance but if their families were offered food and shelter on a secured base, you think they wouldn't do .gov's bidding?

Jungle rules make us act like animals.

TC
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Never happen. .gov doesnt have the numbers to sustain any kind of fuckery against the entire population.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone will have the food, and that someone is probably our Uncle.  If he has it, it will get taken.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have ulcerative colitis, so the a hallmark tactic of apes throwing feces is not an option for me. I don't know how I'd do.
View Quote

Use a cup?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Notice he spelled it correctly as for little wars in Spanish. Instead of spelling it for a great ape
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Unlike other guerrilla wars, this one would put general military up against the smartest people in the world.  In Vietnam Iraq and Afghanistan we fought uneducated mobs of indoctrinated poor country folk.  Here they would be up against the doctors, chemists, farmers, and engineers who wrote the text books they learned from.
View Quote
Who would then get fucking slaughtered because being book smart is not a great defense against a decade of fighting COIN.

"who wrote the text books they learned from." what the fuck ever...
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No idea, though I'm sure they have one for reacting to a near ambush since that happens often enough to cops. Why would they need one if they are the insurgents? They should be the ones doing the ambushing. Are insurgents dressed in civilian clothes operating in urban areas normally on the receiving end of a far ambush? I'm picturing former LEO's taking part in an urban insurgency like US forces went up against in Iraq, you seem to be picturing police agencies being targeted by guerrillas.
View Quote

lol  Why do you have to worry about the opponents moves when you get the first move in checkers?

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#39]
There would be plenty of Leo and mil guys lining up to man the ovens.  There are however way too many former combat soldiers who actually love their freedom to try anything too abrupt.  Baby steps.....its already happening.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
VC sat a good example.  They were so effective because they were willing to spend months in the rainforest without a roof eating rat meat and cold rice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Victor Charlie did not live without a roof for months at time eating rat meat for R&R, that would be the NVA, the real hard-asses.
Victor Charlie worked during the day and hit and ran at night when he wanted too.

Guerrilla warfare isn't chess, it is a game of checkers that starts when the guerrilla wants to start and each game ends whenever the guerrilla wants to quit for the day.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#42]
All anyone has to do to bring civilization in the United States to a grinding halt is to shut down the Interstate highway system. To do that you don't have to control/destroy the whole stupid thing. You just have to destroy/control key points, bridges, etc.

Take, I don't know, the Jersey Turnpike, for example. How hard would it be to shut down the Jersey Turnpike, especially if you had access to a few armored vehicles? Hell, even without armor it would be easier to shut it down that it is to keep it open. A bad traffic accident can shut most Interstate highways down. Hell, an empty box in the middle of the road can almost shut most of them down.

Trucks stop rolling, people starve. Period.

Now, who does it and why they do is far outside the scope of this post (), which is intended for conversational purposes only.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
All anyone has to do to bring civilization in the United States to a grinding halt is to shut down the Interstate highway system. To do that you don't have to control/destroy the whole stupid thing. You just have to destroy/control key points, bridges, etc.

Take, I don't know, the Jersey Turnpike, for example. How hard would it be to shut down the Jersey Turnpike, especially if you had access to a few armored vehicles? Hell, even without armor it would be easier to shut it down that it is to keep it open. A bad traffic accident can shut most Interstate highways down. Hell, an empty box in the middle of the road can almost shut most of them down.

Trucks stop rolling, people starve. Period.

Now, who does it and why they do is far outside the scope of this post (), which is intended for conversational purposes only.
View Quote

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

lol  Why do you have to worry about the opponents moves when you get the first move in checkers?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
You only have to worry about the moves your opponent can use. If you are playing checkers you don't worry about them sinking your battleship or connecting four. In order to pull off a far ambush you need to be able to recognize and target your enemy from a distance. If you are an urban guerrilla and your enemy can determine that from a distance you are doing something very wrong. Guerrillas hide amongst the populace and aim to be indistinguishable from them. Difficult to do a far ambush when you can't tell who is who.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Ever notice, that the barrel of that rifle has no opening?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Squatting in the jungle getting harder, while I sit here getting weaker...
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

lol

You only have to worry about the moves your opponent can use. If you are playing checkers you don't worry about them sinking your battleship or connecting four. In order to pull off a far ambush you need to be able to recognize and target your enemy from a distance. If you are an urban guerrilla and your enemy can determine that from a distance you are doing something very wrong. Guerrillas hide amongst the populace and aim to be indistinguishable from them. Difficult to do a far ambush when you can't tell who is who.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

Which is why you exploit human weakness.

Guerrillas don't hide that well when money is thrown at the locals to dime them out.  In fact, it makes it pretty easy.

LOL it's fallacy in this day and age with modern intelligence gathering to think that people can't tell who is who.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#49]

I didn't realize center pivots were a thing in South Africa.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Russia and China would support the right wing insurgency in the US and by attacking the US DoD abroad. The more internal conflict they can get us in, the better off they will be. Still wanna riot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aaaaand they've had their fingers in domestic issues recently, too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top