Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2015 7:13:36 PM EDT
I kind of like the concept of Irons and a red dot in one package, but I don't know about their quality.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag. Curious myself
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.

But dated compared to others
Aimpoint !
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tag. Curious myself
View Quote

I like your Sigline.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes!

Cmore also has good customer service.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
A perfect day for Banana fish
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, did you miss the boat!

Remember the Amazon deals this time last year? They were almost giving those sights away.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes.

But dated compared to others
Aimpoint !
View Quote

I guess I'm going through a burn out phase. I have aimpoint and Leupold and just want something a little different if it's quality stuff.

If only to try for a while and sell for a fair return ...
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I had more c-mores than aimpoints. The only downside is I dont think they were ever battle proven?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
About 12y ago those were all the rage...I think they were in one of the Call of Duty games back then or something, so they got real popular real quick.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
About 12y ago those were all the rage...I think they were in one of the Call of Duty games back then or something, so they got real popular real quick.
View Quote

Yeah, that's not really pinging my sonar....
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine has lived on the shelf for the past few years.

It works fine, but the elevation and windage screws are difficult/sensitive to keep zeroed. Probably end up on an .22 cal AR.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I like your Sigline.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag. Curious myself

I like your Sigline.

Why thank you! Fond of yours, as well!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quality for range and competition?  Yes.

Quality for rough field use?  Not so much.

I liked mine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#14]
These have been out for years.  They work and seem to hold up just fine.  Like stated, adjustments are very sensitive but for me, once they were made and locked down, they held (at least for a 50 yard zero, It does co-witness so long shots shouldn't be a problem)

The only problem I have is you lose the real-estate to have a 3x magnifier behind something like a T-1 or PRO.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I think they are a pretty good sight.  I think they are a better quality than an eotech.   I think once they are zeroed they are faster than most sights.   C more were big in pistol completions.  Especially used on 1911's.  They were one of the original red dots.   The only downside I can see is the relative short battery life compared to an aimpoint.  But they are on par battery life wise with  eotech.   One thing you do have to admit is that they are the best looking sight when mounted to an ar.   It looks like it belongs there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#16]
My FN shotgun came with one and I like it. I haven't really beat it up but it's held up to lots of slugs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#18]
The big downside is battery life.

Going from Aimpoints where you basically change the battery once a decade you will be back to carrying spares for when it's dead at the range.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to look it up.  It was Rainbow Six:

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I first remember seeing them in use by the Israelis in the late 1990s.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/6c/R6V2-UMP-1.jpg/600px-R6V2-UMP-1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a CMORE, that is a MARS Sight. Izzie. A whole battalion of infantry guys were issued them in 2006 in Iraq. It remember being at the chow hall wondering what the fuck they had on their M4's.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#22]
I think one on a pistol caliber AR SBR would be tits, or maybe I'm just trying to justify my latest lower purchase.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#23]
The only thing I don't like about them is the battery
And battery life.

Other than that. GTG.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I've used them on various pistols for the last 10 years and have one on my 9mm SBR. Railway co witnesses with my flip up sights. Never had any issues.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:24:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I've used them on various pistols for the last 10 years and have one on my 9mm SBR. Railway co witnesses with my flip up sights. Never had any issues.
For rifles there are definitely better options available.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sight has been in many a Ubisoft published game...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I had more c-mores than aimpoints. The only downside is I dont think they were ever battle proven?
View Quote

They work on Open guns in USPSA. But I never cared for the looks of them myself.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I think one on a pistol caliber AR SBR would be tits, or maybe I'm just trying to justify my latest lower purchase.
View Quote
That's exactly where mine lives, it is the most popular of my guns with new shooters.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I put about 100k rounds through my Caspian 38 super with one riding on it. No fails.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I first remember seeing them in use by the Israelis in the late 1990s.
View Quote

Are you sure you aren't recalling an Elbit Falcon?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I had one years ago and didn't like it at all. It was a pain in the ass to zero. I also hated the view. You had to ignore the rear sight, brightness switch, and emitter which are all in the field of view of the dot. While I agree it looks good, I can't think of a single reason to choose it over and Aimpoint PRO.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:56:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They were probably the first popular red dot for pistols back in the eighties and early nineties.

They do make quality products, the designs are a bit dated, but I wouldn't hesitate to use one, and if the price was right, would jump on one (I bought a couple on the Amazon deals last year, but gave them away as Christmas gifts).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were probably the first popular red dot for pistols back in the eighties and early nineties.

They do make quality products, the designs are a bit dated, but I wouldn't hesitate to use one, and if the price was right, would jump on one (I bought a couple on the Amazon deals last year, but gave them away as Christmas gifts).

I still see a whole lot of them on Open pistols at USPSA
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Those are awesome.  Back in '51 they were the shit to have at Chosen Reservoir with the Marines on their M1 Garands.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:32:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Those are awesome.  Back in '51 they were the shit to have at Chosen Reservoir with the Marines on their M1 Garands.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:44:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They work on Open guns in USPSA. But I never cared for the looks of them myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's where I used mine. Tough sight but it does have faults. Rain can play havoc on the display being a projection .
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:59:09 AM EDT
[#36]
I have 2 of the C-mores.  One is on my .22 conversion on my 1911:

The other C-more is on my Open gun which I have never taken a picture of.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:08:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I've got 2-3 of the plain Railway versions on various guns.  They are a little pissy to zero but seem to work well once zeroed.  You have to remember to unlock then relock the adjustments.  Battery life has not been an issue for me. Field of view is excellent and they are fast to get on target.  You can change out the projector portion of the sight for about 50 bux if you want a diff MOA sized dot.  I don't know of any other sight that has that capability.

Bunch of chi-com knock-offs were on the market a few yrs ago.  Buy from a reputable dealer.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:13:26 AM EDT
[#38]
I bought a 4 MOA tactical railway during the Amazon blowout last year for $99. I was less than impressed with it. I ended up trading it and $40 for a NIB Savage FV-SR.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are in the CoDMW series, but those games didn't exist 12 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:11:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/u7WhUox.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/u7WhUox.png

That sight in the picture with the flat spot across the top appears to be an OKO sight.

It is not a C-more.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:34:02 AM EDT
[#41]
I have them on my MP5s

I really like them a lot.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:43:54 AM EDT
[#42]
I've run one on my Max-11 in subgun matches for years now.  Simple, reliable, bright, and reasonably tough with a great field of view.
I've also seen them used for decades on Open class race guns in USPSA and Steel Challenge competition with tens of thousands of rounds put thru them.  They work, and if you manage to break one they are easy to fix.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:56:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That sight in the picture with the flat spot across the top appears to be an OKO sight.

It is not a C-more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is not a C-more.

Looks more like a Hakko (or one of its Chinese clones).

Quoted:
That's not a CMORE, that is a MARS Sight. Izzie. A whole battalion of infantry guys were issued them in 2006 in Iraq. It remember being at the chow hall wondering what the fuck they had on their M4's.

The Tavor in Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 had a MARS sight but the "Reflex" in the game looked like a C-More.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top