Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2015 6:07:52 AM EDT
Marco Rubio's relative lack of campaigning in early states like New Hampshire has been getting increasing attention in the national press — a Washington Post article this week asked whether he'd "work hard enough to become president."

Yet when he did try to win over one local New Hampshire newspaper's endorsement in a short meeting this week, he didn't have much success. Here's Conway Daily Sun reporter Erik Eisele's pretty brutal description of how a meeting with Rubio went:

"We had roughly 20 minutes with him [Rubio] on Monday, and in that time, he talked about ISIS, the economy, his political record and his background. But it was like watching a computer algorithm designed to cover talking points. He said a lot but at the same time said nothing. It was like someone wound him up, pointed him toward the doors and pushed "play." If there was a human side to the senator, a soul, it didn't come across."

This is something national political reporters who've followed Rubio have long observed. When you see him deliver a speech, he's great — charismatic, fluid, winning. But he's much better at hitting a previously prepared set of points than he is at striking a more conversational, informal tone. The town hall setting isn't the greatest for him.

http://www.vox.com/2015/12/23/10658566/marco-rubio-new-hampshire
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Rubio can jump in a lake full of ebolaids.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#2]
He is the new company man, they can keep him, he's just as bad if not worse then Jeb...
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 6:32:14 AM EDT
[#3]
The guy has never shown me anything.

I've long felt that the term "cardboard suit" was developed specifically with Rubio in mind.

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've long felt that the term "cardboard suit" was developed specifically with Rubio in mind.

View Quote

Any democrats like tthis? Who have problems when they are off script?
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Democrats just make sure the questions are scripted as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Fake it til you make it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#7]
He's an empty suit, always has been.  He represents everything we need to get away from. He is one of the candidates I would absolutely refuse to vote for.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Title is a good description of him.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rubio can jump in a lake full of ebolaids.
View Quote

Jump????

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
But does he vote?
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Bush 43 had a folksy, down-to-earth way of speaking. The mainstream press challenged his intelligence, despite his having completed a bachelor's degree from Harvard and an MBA from Yale, as well as completing fighter pilot school.

Rubio had 20 minutes to do well in a "job interview" environment. He remembered the key point: "ABC: Always Be Selling."  He was not going to go off-message and give the mainstream press something that they could twist into a "gaff."

Just remember. They did a poll on Hillary Clinton with divorced men. 40% of the respondents said that Hillary reminded them of their ex-wives. The other 60% said she reminded them of their ex-wife's divorce attorney.  

Is Hillary even capable of giving a speech to the public that does not come off as hectoring and condescending.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#12]
He lost me when he did the Gang of Eight thing.

I've never looked back since.

Cruz '16
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You'd have thought the RNC could have found someone who didn't come across as a dough-faced little bitch.

Oh, and...

He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of Florida in 1993, and his J.D. degree cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 1996.

While studying law, Rubio interned for U.S. Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.  He also worked on Republican Senator Bob Dole's 1996 presidential campaign.  In April 1998, two years out of law school and 26 years old, Rubio was elected to a seat as City Commissioner for West Miami before moving on to the Florida House of Representatives in early 2000.

I doubt he's ever dirtied his hands with an actual job application since his literal entire adult life has been spent sucking party cock.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He's an empty suit, always has been.  He represents everything we need to get away from. He is one of the candidates I would absolutely refuse to vote for.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the irony is, he probably appeals to the swing vote more than any of the other R's.

I just don't have faith in the American electorate.  2 voter-approved terms for Obama; the beast still carries poll numbers despite her stellar SoS record...  Rubio is their go-to R candidate.  Stick a fork in us, 'cause we're done as a nation.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cruz '16
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just remember. They did a poll on Hillary Clinton with divorced men. 40% of the respondents said that Hillary reminded them of their ex-wives. The other 60% said she reminded them of their ex-wife's divorce attorney.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#19]
A puppet's voice is that of its Master and not of its own.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#20]
FPNI as usual
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#21]
He's for amnesty. Like Mia Love he turned on the base that elected him the first chance get got. Never going to vote for him.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bush 43 had a folksy, down-to-earth way of speaking. The mainstream press challenged his intelligence, despite his having completed a bachelor's degree from Harvard and an MBA from Yale, as well as completing fighter pilot school.

Rubio had 20 minutes to do well in a "job interview" environment. He remembered the key point: "ABC: Always Be Selling."  He was not going to go off-message and give the mainstream press something that they could twist into a "gaff."

Is Hillary even capable of giving a speech to the public that does not come off as hectoring and condescending.
View Quote

Closing.
Always Be Closing

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Not my first choice, but I'd take him over Trump.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz '16

yup

Double Yup
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He's for amnesty. Like Mia Love he turned on the base that elected him the first chance get got. Never going to vote for him.
View Quote

Nikki Haley is also another turn-coat, not so much on immigration as best as i can tell but look at what her running her fucking yap got us.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x1000
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Closing.
Always Be Closing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closing.
Always Be Closing

Vox Media "raises" $200 million from NBC
Vox is NBC trying to change their toilet bowl image in the digital media age.  Every time you see vox, just think DNC/NBC.

Good thing that almost none of your votes count in the next election, being already decided die hards.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#28]
He is like Steinhab? The guy that shows up in response to any keyword regarding Syria and responds to every post in the thread with huge paragraphs of talking points
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Typical politician who talks out of both sides of his mouth.  Fuggem'
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top