Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/31/2015 2:09:09 AM EDT
I kind of want. Looks sexy as hell, and it would be pretty cool to have people not drive like jackasses when they see you.

http://www.autoblog.com/used-list/make1-Ford/model1-Explorer/trim-Police+Interceptor

or maybe an used Tahoe

http://www.carfax.com/vehicles/1FM5K8AT6EGB03019-used-2014-ford-explorer-police-interceptor--huntington-beach

Saw someone with a car similar to the carfax one and I definitely slowed my ass down when I saw it, but you can kind of tell it's not a police car because there weren't any internal light bars when the sun shined into his windshield behind me.

It might suck though when everyone starts slowing down around you.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Tahoe > Explorer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget to flash your concealed carry badge for the full effect!  

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:15:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Definitely, and maybe I'll get a big decal that says K-9 and a nice compartment for my miniature pinscher in the back.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:18:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:21:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't go anywhere near a used police car.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:24:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't think of anything worse at everything than a RWD SUV.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:25:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

or maybe an used Tahoe

Thoughts?
View Quote

I don't think a Tahoe is a "small" car
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:31:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't think of anything worse at everything than a RWD SUV.
View Quote

I can.

A FWD, unibody "SUV".
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:33:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or maybe an used Tahoe

<a href="http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8483/8204285515_3e31f4704b.jpg" target="_blank">http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8483/8204285515_3e31f4704b.jpg</a>

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:35:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think you want it because you think people will think you're a cop. Kind of weird.
View Quote

fuk you're right, that is kinda weird.

I'll probably go for the $15k fake lambo instead.

Can't even tell the difference

http://youtu.be/DyQX0hRaf-g
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:36:53 AM EDT
[#11]
What hard to see graphic will you put on the sides?

Emergency Response?

Biohazard Containment Team?

Dog The Bounty Hunter?

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:37:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I always thought police vehicles were neat because they come with a built-in spotlight{REDACTED}.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Buying a used police vehicle for $20,000+ is so stupid I can't even describe it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:38:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Buying a NEW police vehicle as a personal car?

That makes a person a faggot. A faggot so hungry for cock, so lusty for shaft, that if all the cocks in all the worlds were to penetrate the person in question, it STILL wouldn't be enough cock. Because buying a new police vehicle as a personal car would be pretty faggoty.

Even used ones tend to be owned by gunshow commandos who live in 5.11s and have 'Heaven doesn't want me, and Hell's afraid I'll take over!' t-shirts. Not always, but frequently.

But a new one? That's a LOT of dick.

That said, too bad Ford doesn't offer the 3.7 in the non-police Explorer. The 3.5 is...nothing better than adequate. The 3.5 EB is awesome but adds a few grand.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:39:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Buying a used police vehicle for $20,000+ is so stupid I can't even describe it.
View Quote
I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying a used State Trooper fox body mustang when I had the chance.  I knew someone who could get them for me all day long for $2,500 to $3,000 in the early to mid 2000s.  Now that I want one for a project car, the pricing is stupid on them.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:40:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I always thought police vehicles were neat because they come with a built-in spotlight for night time deer hunting.  
View Quote

Isn't that illegal?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:42:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Isn't that illegal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I always thought police vehicles were neat because they come with a built-in spotlight for night time deer hunting.  

Isn't that illegal?
{REDACTED}

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:43:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Emergency Response?

Dog The Bounty Hunter?

View Quote

Morality Police

Sharia Enforcement

FOlice

SHTF responder

idk, yet

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:44:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:45:12 AM EDT
[#20]
gunz4me, you really should redact all of that, if only for advocating an illegal activity.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:50:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That makes a person a faggot. A faggot so hungry for cock, so lusty for shaft, that if all the cocks in all the worlds were to penetrate the person in question, it STILL wouldn't be enough cock. Because buying a new police vehicle as a personal car would be pretty faggoty.

Even used ones tend to be owned by gunshow commandos who live in 5.11s and have 'Heaven doesn't want me, and Hell's afraid I'll take over!' t-shirts. Not always, but frequently.

That said, too bad Ford doesn't offer the 3.7 in the non-police Explorer. The 3.5 is...nothing better than adequate. The 3.5 EB is awesome but adds a few grand.

View Quote

Would exclusively be using it as my Uber vehicle, which makes me n-n-not homo.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:00:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

gunz4me, you really should redact all of that, if only for advocating an illegal activity.

View Quote
Ok, I'll admit, it was a joke done in poor taste.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:24:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Tahoe > Explorer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I bought an ex cop ford explorer with spot lights on both sides and the extended push bumper. It is funny to see people scream down the highway and then come to a screach and fall back behind me. Except when it's dark and I have someones headlight glare in the rear view mirror. I'd rather not have car behind me like that and they be further ahead, especially when were the only vehicles for miles. The 5.4 triton thats in it does seem to have some go in it. Kinda wondered if it is stock or has some enhancers. Was a vegas rig for a while a guess.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Morality Police

Sharia Enforcement

FOlice

SHTF responder

idk, yet

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Emergency Response?

Dog The Bounty Hunter?

Morality Police

Sharia Enforcement

FOlice

SHTF responder

idk, yet

IMMIGRATION is what i thought would be fun to troll wallmart parking lot.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:47:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.

Unless if it was a Crown Vic. Those things are tanks.

When did the Ford Explorer become a glorified mini van? I mean, like, more of  mini van than it was in '05?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:48:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I bought an ex cop ford explorer...The 5.4 triton thats in it does seem to have some go in it. Kinda wondered if it is stock or has some enhancers.
View Quote

Do you mean a Ford Expedition?  Its no where close to the Explorers, except that they are both labeled as a SUV and are made by Ford.

If you mean an Explorer, you better check under the hood because none of the Explorers came with the 5.4.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:49:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you feel about people who buy ex military vehicles?

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The interiors are junk. We have them come through work.

Well maybe junks a strong word. Compared to even the base model interiors they are fugly. It's a very spartan interior that you'd expect in a police car. Plastic junk everything and with a column shifter. Which is REALLY weird.

They seem to be either ecoboost or 3.7 too, which is weird because the 3.7 isn't in any other explorers.
View Quote

I'm glad someone else noticed how weird that column shifter is. Why is it 18 feet long and why does it seem to move one a huge arc? Also, what's the deal with the turn signal stalk that pops back up when its activated in the opposite manner of EVERY SINGLE F***ING VEHICLE ON EARTH? I jumped in one quick to go code to a call at the start of my shift and I've never been interested in driving it again. When they came out I thought they might be perfect. They're not too big or too small and they're all wheel drive, but Ford completely botched it. They don't handle as good as the new Durangos and for the above reasons, they're weird as hell.

So, OP, in addition to the fact that there is no reason to own any old police car other than a 94-96 Caprice with an LT-1 because those are badass and its basically impossible to find an Impala from those years and shut up mine didn't even look like a police car because it had full wheel covers and never had a spotlight or light bar and it was a dorky light blue and just looked like something your grandpa would have been driving except really fast so stop judging me, you should also not buy a police package Ford Explorer because they suck and you'll hate it.

P.S. That Caprice had A LOT of problems because police cars get treated like crap and I can tell you from my experience that most city garages don't have any idea what preventive maintenance is, so you really shouldn't ever buy one unless you own some fly by night cab company. I can't lie though, I loved that giant, rear wheel drive, huge engined American gas guzzler. And I'm actually a cop now, so it doesn't even count, now stop judging me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:25:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think you want it because you think people will think you're a cop. Kind of weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kind of want. Looks sexy as hell, and it would be pretty cool to have people not drive like jackasses when they see you.

http://www.autoblog.com/used-list/make1-Ford/model1-Explorer/trim-Police+Interceptor

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DMI/188880/4794/07.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7753/17195549728_9fd27cb397_b.jpg

or maybe an used Tahoe

http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8483/8204285515_3e31f4704b.jpg

http://www.carfax.com/vehicles/1FM5K8AT6EGB03019-used-2014-ford-explorer-police-interceptor--huntington-beach

Saw someone with a car similar to the carfax one and I definitely slowed my ass down when I saw it, but you can kind of tell it's not a police car because there weren't any internal light bars when the sun shined into his windshield behind me.

It might suck though when everyone starts slowing down around you.

Thoughts?

Kind of the reason that rapists buy them to pull over women in.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:43:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Emergency Response?

Dog The Bounty Hunter?

View Quote

I've been telling Mom I'm gonna put a brush guard and Zombie Response Team stickers on her.

She'd almost go for the guard after seeing how the one on my 99 Explorer kept that deer outta the windshield that morning.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Why?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Same.

When did the Ford Explorer become a glorified mini van? I mean, like, more of  mini van than it was in '05?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same.

Around 05.   I've got a 1999 AWD V8 and we have dogged it to no end. Still runs great and hasn't had anything major go wrong with it (knock on wood). Dad bought Mom a 2014 and all she can say it's really nice but it will never do the things the 99 has done.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm glad someone else noticed how weird that column shifter is. Why is it 18 feet long and why does it seem to move one a huge arc? Also, what's the deal with the turn signal stalk that pops back up when its activated in the opposite manner of EVERY SINGLE F***ING VEHICLE ON EARTH? I jumped in one quick to go code to a call at the start of my shift and I've never been interested in driving it again. When they came out I thought they might be perfect. They're not too big or too small and they're all wheel drive, but Ford completely botched it. They don't handle as good as the new Durangos and for the above reasons, they're weird as hell.

So, OP, in addition to the fact that there is no reason to own any old police car other than a 94-96 Caprice with an LT-1 because those are badass and its basically impossible to find an Impala from those years and shut up mine didn't even look like a police car because it had full wheel covers and never had a spotlight or light bar and it was a dorky light blue and just looked like something your grandpa would have been driving except really fast so stop judging me, you should also not buy a police package Ford Explorer because they suck and you'll hate it.

P.S. That Caprice had A LOT of problems because police cars get treated like crap and I can tell you from my experience that most city garages don't have any idea what preventive maintenance is, so you really shouldn't ever buy one unless you own some fly by night cab company. I can't lie though, I loved that giant, rear wheel drive, huge engined American gas guzzler. And I'm actually a cop now, so it doesn't even count, now stop judging me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well maybe junks a strong word. Compared to even the base model interiors they are fugly. It's a very spartan interior that you'd expect in a police car. Plastic junk everything and with a column shifter. Which is REALLY weird.

They seem to be either ecoboost or 3.7 too, which is weird because the 3.7 isn't in any other explorers.

The only thing I'm judging about you is your lack of sentences.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Sexy as hell is NOT the way I would describe a Ford Explorer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's how they speak english in Tunisia.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#38]
OP is just excited that he gets to sit up front, instead of the back, this go around.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Lol. Another poseur
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Tahoe > Explorer.
View Quote

As an owner of both I can say this is absolutely untrue... And no way in hell if buy either as a retired PD car unless I could prove in some way it was the Chiefs personal wagon
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#41]
This is the only interceptor I want

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Hell, I'll sell you my 1988 Fury Interceptor

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Am I a dick for having this:

Don't hate me brah
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I bought an ex cop ford explorer with spot lights on both sides and the extended push bumper. It is funny to see people scream down the highway and then come to a screach and fall back behind me. Except when it's dark and I have someones headlight glare in the rear view mirror. I'd rather not have car behind me like that and they be further ahead, especially when were the only vehicles for miles. The 5.4 triton thats in it does seem to have some go in it. Kinda wondered if it is stock or has some enhancers. Was a vegas rig for a while a guess.
View Quote

They never crammed a 5.4 into any explorer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I had a tungsten grey 2012 Charger R/T with the blacked out grill.  People did move over when I was driving down the road.  People also broke their necks to look at me at stop lights or slow moving traffic.  Got some weird waves and head nods, and ladies seemed pretty interested to see who was driving...so did shady looking folks.  It ended up feeling like driving a target around.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Definitely, and maybe I'll get a big decal that says K-9 and a nice compartment for my miniature pinscher in the back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I'd be a faggot for wanting better ECU tunes, a firmer transmission with better shift points, an oil cooler, larger trans cooler, better suspension & shocks, stainless steel dual exhaust, equipment storage options for the trunk, black grill & trim, and a host of other options to better a vehicle?  

(Crown Vic)
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Was the ford involved in an accident?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
The column shift if the best thing about the police vehicles. I'm not a fan of console shifters, especially in trucks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Had a 1996 P71 Crown Vic as my first family car. Was a cheap alternative to a car payment I didn't want. Put 60k miles on it and sold it at 155k with never a single issue. Great car. Would do it  again for the right price/vehicle.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top