Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2016 4:01:52 PM EDT
Looking for owners running this specific upper. Not opinions from non owners. I have some specific questions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump. Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a NFA which looks identical

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
They are as good as you can imagine.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a NFA which looks identical

http://i.imgur.com/YV4tVKI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XrE3rDo.jpg
View Quote

The NFA has the guide rod semi exposed on the outside. Tha Matrix guide appears built into the wall of the receiver. I want to see a pic of the Matrix with the charge handle pulled to the rear. I'm curious if the guide rod sticks out the back of the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Not Matrix but I like my side charger.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/user/hero2three/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150114_083321_zpsjto19yrs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm297/hero2three/Mobile%20Uploads/20150114_083321_zpsjto19yrs.jpg</a>
View Quote

I have a 16" carbine with a Crosshill setup identical to yours and I like it, because it charges just like every semi auto rifle and shotgun I own.

I'm kind of thinking I want a left hand side charger for a pistol build I am dreaming up. I want the side charger so a rear charger won't be whacking my gorgeous face, and I'm wanting to try the left charge handle to be more operator.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#8]
If the charging handle on an AR is whacking your face, you either have a worn out upper, a defective CH or are a retard.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a 16" carbine with a Crosshill setup identical to yours and I like it, because it charges just like every semi auto rifle and shotgun I own.

I'm kind of thinking I want a left hand side charger for a pistol build I am dreaming up. I want the side charger so a rear charger won't be whacking my gorgeous face, and I'm wanting to try the left charge handle to be more operator.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/user/hero2three/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150114_083321_zpsjto19yrs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm297/hero2three/Mobile%20Uploads/20150114_083321_zpsjto19yrs.jpg</a>

Why do you think it's gonna whack you in the face?

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The Matrix makes guns now? Do they have a bullet time button?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:06:19 AM EDT
[#11]
A lot of people that have ar pistols using the tube for a cheek weld complain about close calls with the charging handle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:22:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A lot of people that have ar pistols using the tube for a cheek weld complain about close calls with the charging handle.
View Quote
How the fuck does that happen?

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:32:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#14]
If you shoot nose to charging handle the charging handle will tap your nose.  It's barely noticeable and nothing to worry about though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:38:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
The charging handle is non reciprocating. Meaning it doesn't move firing the gun. So unless you are shooting without a stock and recoil is pushing the gun into your face, you shouldn't be head butting the CH. Lots of guys shoot nose to the CH and are fine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:50:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you shoot nose to charging handle the charging handle will tap your nose.  It's barely noticeable and nothing to worry about though.
View Quote

I still don't get it...  a charging handle will not move back to tap your nose.

If you have a reciprocating charging handle it still shouldn't hit your nose as long as you are not shooting a right handed rifle left handed or visa versa.
Even then your nose shouldn't be that close to the furthest rear stroke of a reciprocating charging handle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:10:10 AM EDT
[#17]
CrossHillTech is sexy

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:14:15 AM EDT
[#18]
you think that's air you're breathing?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
you think that's air you're breathing?
View Quote

Apparently it's the charging handle popping you in the nose...
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:18:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you have a reciprocating charging handle it still shouldn't hit your nose as long as you are not shooting a right handed rifle left handed or visa versa.
Even then your nose shouldn't be that close to the furthest rear stroke of a reciprocating charging handle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Recoil pushes the entire gun back, charging handle taps your nose.  To me it's more noticeable in prone than standing.  Either way though, it's nothing to worry about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top