Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2016 3:04:01 PM EDT
I'm watching Tombstone again for the thousandth time and saw something I had never noticed before. At the train station when Wyatt shoots Stilwell, when it shows the train starting to pull off, the train number is 5150. Was this on purpose for what was about to go down with the slaughter of the Cowboys? Tombstone is one of my favorites and no telling how many times I've watched it!

Tell em I'm coming and hell's coming with me!
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
OP are you stupid or just going off the rails of the crazy train?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Van Halen train ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
the producer was a Van Halen fan.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I should have known I would get these kind of answers, after all it is GD.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
No, it just means the train was mentally unfit and was about to be involuntarily confined by Wyatt because the train was obviously a danger to itself and other people. That's why is started to pull away from the station, Stilwell was merely running interference for the train so it could get away. It didn't want to go to the mental institution.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, it just means the train was mentally unfit and was about to be involuntarily confined by Wyatt because the train was obviously a danger to itself and other people. That's why is started to pull away from the station, Stilwell was merely running interference for the train so it could get away. It didn't want to go to the mental institution.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

So we should ban trains for the children huh?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]
More interesting little tidbit...

Our Masonic brothers here would recognize that symbol around "Turkey Creek" Jack Johnson (played by Buck Taylor) neck.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/fiction/images/tombstone02.jpg

Our Masonic brothers here would recognize that symbol around "Turkey Creek" Jack Johnson (played by Buck Taylor) neck.
View Quote

Don't need to be a Mason to recognize that symbol.   Very well known.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Watched part of it today as well.  Nothing to add to your question.  Just thought I'd check in for the great movie.

If you've ever played Starcraft 2, there is a Tombstone reference.  Click on an idle SCV and he will say:  "Somethin' on your mind?" Johnny Tyler style.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not a Mason, but I noticed that quite some time ago. As many times as I've seen it I'm supprised I hadn't noticed the numbers on the train before now.
So anyone have a serious answer?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]
No, it just so happened to be the train Ozzy Ozborne was singing about going off the rails.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you notice the train was backing up out of the station?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

He is an artist also.
He was always at the Ft. Worth stock show, he is very nice.
He is probably there now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#15]
5150 was the police code for Crazy person on the loose.......
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#16]
have the dvd waiting for the blu-ray to drop.   I do hate that one of the best cowboy movies has fucking gun control in it.... aint that bitch.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I watched it again today. It is a great movie.

I'm your Huckleberry
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did you notice the train was backing up out of the station?
View Quote

Isn't that unusual on a stub-end track. There's usually a wye up the track to turn trains.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not a Mason, but I noticed that quite some time ago. As many times as I've seen it I'm supprised I hadn't noticed the numbers on the train before now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From imdb

When Wyatt is at the train station standing on the loading platform, giving Ike Clanton his "you tell em' I'm comin', and hells comin' with me" speech, really going crazy on Ike, he's standing in front of train car #5150 (the California police code for a crazy person).

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
5150 was the police code for Crazy person on the loose.......
View Quote

Yes I know what it means, I was just curious if the producer, director or who ever the fuck used it because of how Wyatt was getting heated up telling him the law was coming and hell is coming too and how he went ape shit on the Cowboys afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]
More importantly, did you know Wyatt was blind the whole time?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
have the dvd waiting for the blu-ray to drop.   I do hate that one of the best cowboy movies has fucking gun control in it.... aint that bitch.
View Quote

It's also noteworthy that despite the law of 'no guns in town', the bad guys were armed anyway.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#23]
train pulls into station, wyatt steps off and smacks an animal abuser, tells some politicians to piss off, greets his family, hits on his sister in law - all in under 2 minutes. So mattie must have jumped off the train while it was still moving and ran her ass off to sweep the town in search of opium - now that's a dedicated poppy whore.

the model for the artist who painted the saloon girl behind doc in his opening scene has breast implants

here's a fun fact though, the photo most try to say is josephine is most likely that of just a prostitutes calling card, that photo would be one of the most popular photos/pin ups  carried by ww1 dough boys.

love the movie / lost count how many times I've watched it.

supposedly wyatts razor

tombstones courtroom

gingers can still be tried and hung in tombstone regardless of age

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Skin that smokewagon
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Dad caught that 1st time he watched it. It was "That's Newly off Gunsmoke" followed by "That's a Masonic emblem!".
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:08:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
I remember seeing this the first time I seen the movie and felt it was shown for a reason but no mention in the movie,always wondered if a scene was cut or something.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top