Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/2/2016 5:51:29 AM EDT
So I work at a LGS, haven't seen a 19, 43, or 17 in weeks. Backordered out the wazoo. Someone at work mentioned a crate of Glocks being help up at a port on the East Coast by U.S. Customs?  Anyone else hear this?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I work at a LGS, haven't seen a 19, 43, or 17 in weeks. Backordered out the wazoo. Someone at work mentioned a crate of Glocks being help up at a port on the East Coast by U.S. Customs?  Anyone else hear this?
View Quote

I'm a licensed customs broker (I clear imported goods through Customs for importers). Glock is a regular importer. They would have all their ATF paperwork, commercial invoices, etc., in order. It would take something extraordinary for CBP to put the goods of a regular importer on hold, unless something was really funky. A "crate" on hold wouldn't create a huge shortage. Maybe an ocean container.

I suspect that what you're hearing is just BS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the clarification
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought they were all made in Smyrna.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I was at a gun show this weekend and Glock 17s seemed to be short. Other than that, Glock all over the fuckin' place.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#5]
There's another thread here where at a bigger outdoors store the story goes that the shortage is due to a mil contract too........
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#6]
SEALs taking all the new ones eh?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Odd. ALL my local dealers have G17, G19, etc in-stock.....heck, they even have the Vickers Gray RTF 17 and 19s.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's another thread here where at a bigger outdoors store the story goes that the shortage is due to a mil contract too........
View Quote

Yep...lol
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Odd. ALL my local dealers have G17, G19, etc in-stock.....heck, they even have the Vickers Gray RTF 17 and 19s.
View Quote

I saw 3 new 19's this weekend.  Why is everyone is a fuss about a shortage of Glocks.  They are popular right now just like every other handgun out there.  Barry is a big seller of guns and people are buying.  No shortage exist except in peoples minds just because a few LGS are out does not mean anything.  From time to time my LGS's are out of certain Glocks that is because people have bought them and the distributor is waiting for more to come in to replenish the LGS or the LGS has not yet ordered more.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So I work at a LGS...Someone at work mentioned...
View Quote

There's your answer right there.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#11]
My LGS in Smyrna GA usually has a HUGE inventory of anything you can think of.

When I bought my latest gun a few weeks ago I asked about a shortage of 3 firearms I was interested in buying that they sold out of. They replied between Christmas, black Friday and Obama scaring everyone they haven’t been able to keep up with demand.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When I bought my latest gun a few weeks ago I asked about a shortage of 3 firearms I was interested in buying that they sold out of. They replied between Christmas, black Friday and Obama scaring everyone they haven’t been able to keep up with demand.

View Quote

This, Glock USA has none right now...Will be a few months from what I was told.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source? Glock is out of Glocks?  Extraordinary or extraordinary BS?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The three I just got- all Gen. 4- are made in Austria.

Your LGS is likely full of shit. I walked into Glockmeister in Phoenix and they had plenty of every model on hand.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:22:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I mean, I work for Impact Guns which is a kinda big online dealer who is supplied from a dozen different suppliers. And they all got nothing to supply at the moment. Looks like some other suppliers got the good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I mean, I work for Impact Guns which is a kinda big online dealer who is supplied from a dozen different suppliers. And they all got nothing to supply at the moment. Looks like some other suppliers got the good stuff.
View Quote

Lol.

Or... More likely your guy is cash poor and can't buy more Glocks. He's sitting on a pile of useless inventory no one wants.  He quickly sold out of the most popular items and can't afford to order more till he sells the other stuff he's sitting on.
Makes up bullshit story.

Now you can add bold faced liar, thinks your an idiot and a bad a businessperson.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lol.

Or... More likely your guy is cash poor and can't buy more Glocks. He's sitting on a pile of useless inventory no one wants.  He quickly sold out of the most popular items and can't afford to order more till he sells the other stuff he's sitting on.
Makes up bullshit story.

Now you can add bold faced liar, thinks your an idiot and a bad  businessperson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Makes up bullshit story.

Now you can add bold faced liar, thinks your an idiot and a bad  businessperson.

word.

Either way I'll go with this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:34:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I heard that they've figured out life support tech for the X-37b and they're gonna send it on longer missions.

Think mars. Of course the dudes are gonna need the best self defense system out there.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Isn't the Glock 43 made in the US?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Pretty sure any Glock 43 shortage is due to the public buying metric assloads of them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pretty sure any Glock 43 shortage is due to the public buying metric assloads of them.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most of the Smyrna guns are for export to get around countries that won't allow imports from Austria. Some do pop up here from time to time though.

Notable exception is the G42, which has to be made here because of the ATF import points system.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I've seen many US made Glocks for sale here in GA.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Haven't you heard the delta seal snipers are all getting them first before civilians can have any.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll admit to somewhat panic buying a new G17 last month.  I'd always wanted one and figured I better get it while I can.     I love it whena plan comes together.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#26]
My lgs is running low on stuff of all types.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lol.

Makes up bullshit story.

Now you can add bold faced liar, thinks your an idiot and a bad a businessperson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Makes up bullshit story.

I've been to Impact Guns, worst gun store when I was stationed in Utah.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Speaking of glocks, I'd love to have the new MOS models  
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Speaking of glocks, I'd love to have the new MOS models  
View Quote

The MOS 19 is great.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Fucking impact guns LMAO
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No

For what it is worth I swear I saw on PSA email it stated made in the USA. I know I seen it on some glock 42s.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

For what it is worth I swear I saw on PSA email it stated made in the USA. I know I seen it on some glock 42s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No

All glock 42's are USA made. No glock 43's are USA made.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Lol.
Makes up bullshit story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.
Makes up bullshit story.

If you were a dealer you would know why you are full of shit.
If you were a dealer you would know that distributors are currently out of the most popular Glock pistols.
If you were a dealer you would know that any Glocks the distributor does have in stock are allocated to the largest accounts.
It's not about being cash poor..........I've got $$$$ wanting to be spent at any distributor.
I'm a dealer, you are not......so you know jack shit about what distributors do or do not have in stock.

You are the epitome of a '14er.............wholly and completely ignorant of the thread topic but feels the need to up his post count.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This..........but it's all 9mm & .40 Glocks
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Whats going on? I dunno, Im not a dealer or distributor. All I know is Im waiting on a Glock 17 FDE Gen 4. Its on order, my dealers distributor is currently out of stock. Could be a week, could be a month or more by time its in.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Whats going on? I dunno, Im not a dealer or distributor. All I know is Im waiting on a Glock 17 FDE Gen 4. Its on order, my dealers distributor is currently out of stock. Could be a week, could be a month or more by time its in.
View Quote

Obamagunpanic 3.0
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I work in an LGS. No problem getting 17, 19, and 43 but haven't been able to get a 26 or 30S for weeks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No

Bullshit...
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Port?  Like a ship port?

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Is anything hard to believe?

Facebook just shut down private, person to person, gun classified ads this weekend.  Then the administration went out of its way to state they had nothing to do with it. (probable translation, they were directly responsible)
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm a licensed customs broker (I clear imported goods through Customs for importers). Glock is a regular importer. They would have all their ATF paperwork, commercial invoices, etc., in order. It would take something extraordinary for CBP to put the goods of a regular importer on hold, unless something was really funky. A "crate" on hold wouldn't create a huge shortage. Maybe an ocean container.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a lot of effort on your part. I just looked at join date and the first part..."I work at a LGS".

I stopped right there.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Glocks made in Austria may be used for the Austrian and German market.
There is a huge demand among Austrians and Germans due to the many nice people from Syria that have arrived.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
SEALs taking all the new ones eh?
View Quote

FBI and ATF agents who have lost theirs.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#45]
LGS BS.

This from the same guys who told me I better "hurry up and buy a Ruger MK III .22lr while I still can, cause Obama is gonna ban hi-cap rifle caliber handguns any day now!!!"
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you were a dealer you would know that distributors are currently out of the most popular Glock pistols.
If you were a dealer you would know that any Glocks the distributor does have in stock are allocated to the largest accounts.
It's not about being cash poor..........I've got $$$$ wanting to be spent at any distributor.
I'm a dealer, you are not......so you know jack shit about what distributors do or do not have in stock.

You are the epitome of a '14er.............wholly and completely ignorant of the thread topic but feels the need to up his post count.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.
Makes up bullshit story.

This
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.
Makes up bullshit story.

So the same bullshit LGS rumors we've been hearing for 20 years.  Got it.  
If I was a dealer I would have Glocks.  If you don't have stock then your not a glock dealer.  Just another shitty LGS with no Glocks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gun store bullshit to create a panic.
My sister made the mistake of stumbling into a gunshow this weekend and some neckbeard tried to sell her a G19 for $850.
He told her they were moving the plant in Austria.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now throw in tax refund season which will add to the demand.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Glocks are back-ordered because it's just after the holidays. This happens every year with guns.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top